Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 vs ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres the slightest possibility that you hung with him. But as far as stopping the flyby, that is not possible if he was fully on the throttle. If your cruising at a constant speed, and he does a flyby, then you floor it, how could you all of a sudden be doing the same speed he is? The only way that is possible is if his flyby was at a constant speed, like he was just cruising by you. Heres the real story:

The Z06 was cruising at 50mph, I was cruising at 25mph, and I was about 3 cars ahead. The Z06 came cruising by me at his 50mph cruise speed, and I gunned it. In just a couple of seconds I caught up to the Z06 that is still cruising at 50mph. I won!! Next I decide to race the Z06 again. The Z06 is still cruising at 50mph, and I take off on him when he isn't ready. By the time the Z06 realizes that I went, I am a couple of cars ahead. The Z06 floors it and gets a late start and is in the wrong gear, but stops the gap from increasing, and begins the suck up. By 90mph, the Z06 is 1 car behind and realizes that spending a night in jail, getting his car impounded, spending thousands of dollars in lawyers, and losing his license aren't on his to do list, so he shuts down. I won again!!!

Last edited by Blown FRC; 08-04-2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think bandit is done. And I'm glad, that story was rubbish.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blown FRC
Theres the slightest possibility that you hung with him. But as far as stopping the flyby, that is not possible if he was fully on the throttle. If your cruising at a constant speed, and he does a flyby, then you floor it, how could you all of a sudden be doing the same speed he is? The only way that is possible is if his flyby was at a constant speed, like he was just cruising by you. Heres the real story:

The Z06 was cruising at 50mph, I was cruising at 25mph, and I was about 3 cars ahead. The Z06 came cruising by me at his 50mph cruise speed, and I gunned it. In just a couple of seconds I caught up to the Z06 that is still cruising at 50mph. I won!! Next I decide to race the Z06 again. The Z06 is still cruising at 50mph, and I take off on him when he isn't ready. By the time the Z06 realizes that I went, the trans am is a couple of cars ahead. The Z06 floors it and gets a late start and is in the wrong gear, but stops the gap from increasing, and begins the suck up. By 90mph, the Z06 is 1 car behind and realizes that spending a night in jail, getting his car impounded, spending thousands of dollars in lawyers, and losing his license aren't on his to do list, so he shuts down. I won again!!!
LMFAO

I like this version
Old 08-04-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I couldn't resist.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:12 PM
FormerVendor

Big Pile Of Steamy.........
Old 08-04-2004, 01:29 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.....The Z06 was cruising at 50mph, I was cruising at 25mph, and I was about 3 cars ahead. The Z06 came cruising by me at his 50mph cruise speed, and I gunned it. In just a couple of seconds I caught up to the Z06 that is still cruising at 50mph. I won!! Next I decide to race the Z06 again. The Z06 is still cruising at 50mph, and I take off on him when he isn't ready. By the time the Z06 realizes that I went, I am a couple of cars ahead. The Z06 floors it and gets a late start and is in the wrong gear, but stops the gap from increasing, and begins the suck up. By 90mph, the Z06 is 1 car behind and realizes that spending a night in jail, getting his car impounded, spending thousands of dollars in lawyers, and losing his license aren't on his to do list, so he shuts down. I won again!!!
Nice one.

Honestly I believe that this happened, I just think it was a c5 with some z06 rims ... that would be much much more feasible then if it was a z.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Nice one.

Honestly I believe that this happened, I just think it was a c5 with some z06 rims ... that would be much much more feasible then if it was a z.
That is what think as well. But that other rendition was Freakin hilarious. I just saw it again and am LMAO. People at work must think I am losing it.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

A close friend just bought an '02 Z06, and it is freakin quick.
I was really surprised. It would totally rape my SS.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

question for you.... what color was the Z06? was it pewter by any chance?
Old 08-04-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Z06 was cruising at 50mph, I was cruising at 25mph, and I was about 3 cars ahead. The Z06 came cruising by me at his 50mph cruise speed, and I gunned it. In just a couple of seconds I caught up to the Z06 that is still cruising at 50mph. I won!! Next I decide to race the Z06 again. The Z06 is still cruising at 50mph, and I take off on him when he isn't ready. By the time the Z06 realizes that I went, I am a couple of cars ahead. The Z06 floors it and gets a late start and is in the wrong gear, but stops the gap from increasing, and begins the suck up. By 90mph, the Z06 is 1 car behind and realizes that spending a night in jail, getting his car impounded, spending thousands of dollars in lawyers, and losing his license aren't on his to do list, so he shuts down. I won again!!!

^^^^ One of the best posts ever
Old 08-04-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Bronco
question for you.... what color was the Z06? was it pewter by any chance?

Yes, Gray... yes it was.

Originally Posted by transambandit
tonight on my way home from work, and i pulled up to a red light with about 3 cars stopped, 2 in the #1 lane and 1 in the #2 lane. Im in a hurry so i go over to the #3 lane and i see cars parked ahead of me in the lane. I look over and i see in the #1 lane a silver ZO6.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Frey 51
Old 08-04-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The sad thing is, my story isn't far fetched. I see crap like that happen quite often and people actually think they won. Thats where most of the rediculous stories come from. That actually reminds me of a kill of my own. This is how it went:
I was in my stock 99 vette, on my way home from the movies. I pulled up to a red light and I could hear this weird exotic vehicle pull up next to me. I looked over, and I could hear the sound of a very high idle, but couldn't see anything. I leaned over to get a better look, and to my amazement, it was a real formula 1 racecar. It sounded so awesome, the thing idles at 7,000 rpm. I asked the guy what he had in that thing, and he said it was a v12 that could rev to 22,000 rpm. I was like damn, thats cool, because your going to need all the rpm you can get, this is a stock vette baby!!! So we go off the line, and I immediately put 2 cars on him, I shift to second and he comes right up next to me. By the time I reach 100mph, we are door to door. Before I know it, I look at my speedometer and we are up to 150. I am now starting to pull on him pretty good. I've got about a 3 carlength lead. I could hear that sequential tranny ripping through the gears pretty quick. I maxed out 5th, and hit 6th, now I'm doing about 200mph. I could hear him go into gear 7, and he maxes that out, so we decide to shut down at about 240mph due to some traffic. I won by about 3 carlengths. We pulled over and talked for a while, and gave props to each others rides. He told me he'd rather me not post the video of this race because it would look bad for him. Sorry guys.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What?
Old 08-04-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmm, i am still waiting on the response for what color the z06 was... if not... i still am waiding through the 5 feet of bull **** that is piled in this thread!
Old 08-04-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
hmm, i am still waiting on the response for what color the z06 was... if not... i still am waiding through the 5 feet of bull **** that is piled in this thread!
Now I know your not talking about my formula 1 kill!! Hey, if a stock transam convertible can beat a Z06, I can beat a formula 1 car up to 240mph.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tonight on my way home from work, and i pulled up to a red light with about 3 cars stopped, 2 in the #1 lane and 1 in the #2 lane. Im in a hurry so i go over to the #3 lane and i see cars parked ahead of me in the lane. I look over and i see in the #1 lane a silver ZO6.
it was silver...they already answered you
Old 08-05-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

the whole point was for him to come back in and make a mistake... of saying two things...

white = 385 hp z06

pewtwer = this whole story is bullshit
Old 08-05-2004, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

BLOWN FRC-your story is hilarious hahahaha....im just in here calling bs for a second time...because its one of the more rediculous ive ever seen....convertible tank takes z06 w/ -5 hp muffler...did hell freeze over??
Old 08-05-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
the whole point was for him to come back in and make a mistake... of saying two things...

white = 385 hp z06

pewtwer = this whole story is bullshit
They make silver Z06s. Unless I saw one hell of a replica... I am talking everything... brakes, rims, break ducts, FRC, screens in the grill, and titanium exhaust.