Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My girlfriend's brother say's he is buying a street bike and stomp me.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA.... Gotta love this one! Ask him why he is going to get a bike and not a 3500lb car. I think he might not be lacking in the weight of the car but also the manhood in his pants. What a stupid ***... Go bitch slap him.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I say the thing to do if he actually gets the bike, is talk like the underdog. Say stuff like "I don't have a chance", "your gonna kill me, bikes are the fastest things on the street". This will boost his confidence and make him feel really cocky. Then you can secretly slap on a 150 shot, and beat him. Think how he would feel then. You beat the "almighty bike". You could laugh at him, and rub it in his face.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Your friend is a hard man.

It takes a lot of ***** for him to say he's planning to buy a vehicle with a power to weight ratio that probably doubles yours, then he's going to challenge you to a race. I'm impressed with what he says he's going to do
Old 08-06-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01whitez28
Seriously though, that's such a ***** thing to do . "I'm going to get a street bike to race your car. I'm so tough because I'm going to buy something that costs half as much as your car, has double the power to weight ratio, then I'm going to call you out with it. Wow, all of a suddenly my ***** isn't small anymore"
Do you only race things with equal or higher power to weight ratios than you?

Plenty of people on this board post kills of cars that they would obviously walk, and nobody says anything. I don't see why he can't buy a bike and do the same thing. Would it be less ***** if he bought an S.R.T.-10 Viper?

Last edited by apathy; 08-06-2004 at 01:27 PM. Reason: NeonNeonNeon to NeonNeonNeon confused people, apparently.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by apathy
Do you only race things with equal or higher power to weight ratios than you?

Plenty of people on this board post kills of cars that they would obviously walk, and nobody says anything. I don't see why he can't buy a bike and do the same thing. Would it be less ***** if he bought an NeonNeonNeon-10 Viper?
A what?
Old 08-06-2004, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

well dont worry, a new guy on a bike, versus your car, say with dope and a cam... you should be bumper to bumper with him on the dig...

guys dont make too much fun about the bikes... those are the only guys we have been able to race lately since most of the cars are down down here

but the bikes we have been racing are extended swing arm, lowered, nitrous HAYABUSA's

they are fast as ****, high to mid 8's at 160 traps... but they give us good land accordingly to the cars we are racing against them.

out of the times we raced so far... it has been close races going half to the car, and half to the bike for wins... all ending by a few car lengths! nothing like a large money race being super close... such a crazy adrenaline rush
Old 08-06-2004, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I wouldn't sweat a loss to a street bike.
Bikes are bikes, cars are cars. Occasionally a car will beat a bike.
I agree. He is not proving anything if he beats you. I hear that **** all the time from the guy in the next cube with an R6.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:57 PM
7 Second Club

Received 310 Likes on 209 Posts

http://www.carsvsbikes.com
Old 08-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Launching!

The guy does seem like a tool. You should send him over my way...and he can run another bike on a road course.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Teching In

dude! go ahead but watch out!...

suzuki GSX-R 750/1000 et: round low 10s STOCK
yamaha R1 et: round 10s STOCK
kawasaki ninja et: round 10s STOCK

try rolling starts if you dare
Old 08-06-2004, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately do not race from a dig. I got paired up with a bike (not sure what it was, but pretty sure not a busa) last time I was at the track and he ran a 9.7 to my 12.6
Old 08-06-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
Well my girlfriend's brother say's he is going to get a street bike and stomp me. Because he know's I have beat alot of car's. And he say's he is going to get a street bike and race me to show me what's up. Should I be scared or not? I don't know what kind he is going to get but witch one's should I what out for. I only have the mod's in my sig. Should I get a 100hp shot of nos to run him or what?
My V-Twin Honda VTR1000 would destroy you even if you were an excellent driver.
I can run bottom 11's on it at 123+. A smaller/better rider can get high 10's at 125+. My bike is about as quick as a top shelf 600 in the 1/4.

Get the N2O (or H/C,FI,etc.) at least before racing just about any current sport bike.

good luck
Old 08-06-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Definately do not race from a dig. I got paired up with a bike (not sure what it was, but pretty sure not a busa) last time I was at the track and he ran a 9.7 to my 12.6

You're crazy. A sportbike will absolutely kick *** from a roll. The only chance most cars have against a bike is getting them off the line.

If your running mid 12's I can leave a gear off and still annihilate you.If you race a bike from a dig there's good odds the rider doesn't have the ***** to launch it properly.Its far TOO easy to pin the gas while rolling along at 30mph.

My T/A is a little quicker than my bike in the 1/4 at this point and my bike will walk all over my car from a roll.

BTW: Racing modded (or even stock) Hayabusas that are carrying good riders is a sure fire way to lose a race for 99% of the cars on the road.No shame in losing to a Hayabusa.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
You're crazy. A sportbike will absolutely kick *** from a roll. The only chance most cars have against a bike is getting them off the line.

If your running mid 12's I can leave a gear off and still annihilate you.If you race a bike from a dig there's good odds the rider doesn't have the ***** to launch it properly.Its far TOO easy to pin the gas while rolling along at 30mph.

My T/A is a little quicker than my bike in the 1/4 at this point and my bike will walk all over my car from a roll.

BTW: Racing modded (or even stock) Hayabusas that are carrying good riders is a sure fire way to lose a race for 99% of the cars on the road.No shame in losing to a Hayabusa.
I was going by the fact that a bike's HUGE advantage is it's power to weight ratio and not so much at speed where drag becomes an issue. That plus the guy at the track left me like a bad habit off the line. I didn't think so much about the fact that IF and when this guy ever does get a crotch rocket (i'd bet $$ this never happens), that inexperience would potentially play such a big roll........I see your point on the ease of laying into from a roll vs launching. Point taken

Maybe racing a modern bike in a car is something that you just shouldn't do? lol

Side Note:
One of my buddies has mid 80's (forget the year) V-Twin honda. His first bike, hasn't had it for about a couple of months. I absolutely DESTROYED him from a dig. Gave him the go then chased him down once he got moving. It doesn't really count, but I am now 1 of 2 vs bikes
Old 08-06-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a friend who has a 600rr and pull him like a tow truck when i spray, lol. If he has a 600 it might be a good race with you on motor. I dont know, you dont really have alot done to your car so he will probabily win. But dont worry about it, bikes and cars are two totatily different things.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

That carsvsbikes rider rides well.. Most riders will not perform on the same level as him.

Peace,
Josh
Old 08-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by distortion_69
That carsvsbikes rider rides well.. Most riders will not perform on the same level as him.

Peace,
Josh
Actually that guy is just an amateur who can't break out of the 11s.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: In the Keebler elves freg'n tree house eating freg'n cookies

Originally Posted by JESTERSS
Let me see if I understand this correctly. He is talking **** because he is going to get something?... So he has nothing now??... and he is talking ****??? What a FN idiot.

Yeah really...that's like telling someone your imaginary buff-as-hell friend is going to kick their ***.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by James1
Actually that guy is just an amateur who can't break out of the 11s.
Who do you know that has with an f4i? I would say he has enough practice to be considered above the average f4i driver your gonna see on the road

Josh
Old 08-12-2004, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how about this....

next time he says he's gonna go buy a sport bike to beat you in your car, just tell him you're gonna just go buy an F-16 fighter jet to beat his bike....