Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed a NeonNeonNeon-4...twice!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I respect any car that is quick/fast. Mustangs, Camaro's, Trans Ams, Lightnings, STi's, EVO's......list goes on. I love all these cars and many more. It is the few morons that drive them that make a bad name for each and every car. You just have to realize that it is just one person. There are 20 others that are cool for every moron.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Black NeonNeonNeon,
Thats cool how you can come on here on not be a ******** cause of this kill story, your right though, it just happened to be a fagget driver. I'm sure if you were around the area we would have made friends with you. To bad there can't be more NeonNeonNeon drivers like you!
Old 08-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackSrt
I respect any car that is quick/fast. Mustangs, Camaro's, Trans Ams, Lightnings, STi's, EVO's......list goes on. I love all these cars and many more. It is the few morons that drive them that make a bad name for each and every car. You just have to realize that it is just one person. There are 20 others that are cool for every moron.
you got my respect 100%
Old 08-15-2004, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think it's great that everyone on this board is so preoccupied with such a "lesser" car....yeah, yeah, i know, it's mostly cuz of the drivers not the car, but a good way to get embarrased is to throw all like cars into the same (i.e. 13-14 second neon drivers not knowing ****) group. Little mods have a huge effect on those cars....my buddy dropped a s.r.t.4 engine in a sxt and just the bullet exhuast vs. a stock exhuast s.r.t.4 was way noticable. i went for a ride this week after he added a bov and boost control and the thing is wicked...not too much traction, but it's quick......i just put macs and dual cutouts on my car and i'm guessing it'll go high 12s, and the neon will give me a run for my money.....when we go to the track i'll be sure to tape it...anyways, maybe low 13s, high 12s isn't that fast, but it's fast enough to surprise a lot of people........
Old 08-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jdustu
i think it's great that everyone on this board is so preoccupied with such a "lesser" car....yeah, yeah, i know, it's mostly cuz of the drivers not the car, but a good way to get embarrased is to throw all like cars into the same (i.e. 13-14 second neon drivers not knowing ****) group. Little mods have a huge effect on those cars....my buddy dropped a s.r.t.4 engine in a sxt and just the bullet exhuast vs. a stock exhuast s.r.t.4 was way noticable. i went for a ride this week after he added a bov and boost control and the thing is wicked...not too much traction, but it's quick......i just put macs and dual cutouts on my car and i'm guessing it'll go high 12s, and the neon will give me a run for my money.....when we go to the track i'll be sure to tape it...anyways, maybe low 13s, high 12s isn't that fast, but it's fast enough to surprise a lot of people........

I still cant believe I am driving such an easy to mod car. I put an exhaust and MBC and I ran 12.97@105.xxmph....(On slicks ). Its funny how people just start talking crap because of the kind of car. There have been endless LS1/LT owners that come up to me and tell me its a pos and whatnot....It is usually the owners that have an LS1/LT that I can beat or hang with. Even though they talk **** I still comment on their car...usually shuts them up.
I just shrug it off and move on and meet the other 20 cool LS1/LT owners.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

I still cant believe I am driving such an easy to mod car. I put an exhaust and MBC and I ran 12.97@105.xxmph....(On slicks ). Its funny how people just start talking crap because of the kind of car. There have been endless LS1/LT owners that come up to me and tell me its a pos and whatnot....It is usually the owners that have an LS1/LT that I can beat or hang with. Even though they talk **** I still comment on their car...usually shuts them up.
I just shrug it off and move on and meet the other 20 cool LS1/LT owners.
im suprised you didnt smack the **** out of him for callin your car a pos.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

I was there TOO!!!!! right behind them, and I confirm BlownFRCs post. It was so funny. It was so funny shutting up those kids. The Z owned all!
Old 08-15-2004, 04:27 PM
STF Veteran

nice kill...by the way yellow03cobra...you stole my avator ...and my cobra is better the yours ..jus kidding
Old 08-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02ls1ss
im suprised you didnt smack the **** out of him for callin your car a pos.
Im used to it now. I just tell him to race me. Most of them say No and do their stupid flyby...or at least try.

The funniest arguement I was actually involved in was a guy in a very riced out Cougar with hydrolics told me my car sucked because it was stock....This was me>>> So, I had to bring up all the stock cars that sucked like LS1's, Lambos, Porsche and I just kept ripping into him until his ugly *** gf with a fucked up eye started yelling at me. I just told them to pull over so we can settle this. They made the first U-turn and left. I am STILL looking for them. Man, if I ever see them I will kick the **** out of that moron.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

damn mike jon n abby...y can't there be cool NeonNeonNeon drivers like that here? givin that i stomped that one guy...that car has potential...HELLA POTENTIAL!!! that'd be a cool addition to team domestic violence...like i said, if the NeonNeonNeon drivers weren't *********...haha.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a NEON-4 last night--
I was at sonic and he pullled up next to me. I looked over and asked if he wanted to want to run. His passenger says "why it wont be any challange, your wastin your time" so i say, thats cool I guess we'll find that out. he then asked if it was a "real SS" & what year it was. when i said 2000 and that im all stock. He(the passenger) laughed and said "your fixin to be embarrased". It was funny, the driver was cool and came up & told me dont worry about him hes drunk. the driver also added "I'll prob spin through 1st & 2nd. I just pointed at my bald *** rear tires. So we head out to the "spot". He didnt slow down enough for us to hit the light, so we got on the highway to loop back around. while on the highway going 60 we took off i pulled like 3 lengths before letting off at 115. when we slowed down he said "that one didnt count" we then hit it from a light. I stopped way back and heated what little tire i do have up. on green i jumped him and steadily pulled untill about 80(had to let off) by that time i had nearly 4 lengths on him. when we pulled up to the next light the driver said " I spun pretty bad but i guess you did to, man you have a quick car" then he turned off. I wanted to get out and slap the passenger and ask if he was embarrased.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

a fast car is a fast car, an ******* is an *******, and no matter what you drive, if you're cool you're cool....i think in philosophy those are called explicit truths.......
Old 08-15-2004, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

good philosophy...lol. next mopar in line...chrysler crossfire NeonNeonNeon-6...then a hemi magnum...then a NeonNeonNeon-10!!! haha, i may stop at the magnum...how fast are they? i'd feel like a da if i lost to an overpowered station wagon...lol
Old 08-15-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

my brother in law has a friend with one and he ran a 13.8 before he did anything to it, so you should be alright....the NeonNeonNeon-6 will be faster than that...but the s.r.t. 8 should be a mid to low 13 second car...right now it's only officially coming out as a 300, but it'll pry be in the magnum too(6.1l 425hp)......they(dcx) are giving estimated high 13 times, but also said they don't want to overmpromise(i.e. 12.7 cst-v) and underdeliver.......all in all you have nothing to worry about(other than tubbed neons) until dcx lets the aftermarket crack their pcm......
Old 08-15-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

go to ta performance's websight...there's nothing wrong with getting beat by a station wagon!
Old 08-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by raginazn616
good philosophy...lol. next mopar in line...chrysler crossfire NeonNeonNeon-6...then a hemi magnum...then a NeonNeonNeon-10!!! haha, i may stop at the magnum...how fast are they? i'd feel like a da if i lost to an overpowered station wagon...lol
Right now the 300C runs about the same as a Stock S.R.T-4....only with better top end! The new S.R.T-8 300 is going to have 425hp and I think 425tq also....should be a low 13 second car....maybe a high 12 second car if they do it right. The S.R.T-6 Crossfire I think will have round 350hp/tq....so DC is coming out with some tough cars.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by raginazn616
damn mike jon n abby...y can't there be cool NeonNeonNeon drivers like that here? givin that i stomped that one guy...that car has potential...HELLA POTENTIAL!!! that'd be a cool addition to team domestic violence...like i said, if the NeonNeonNeon drivers weren't *********...haha.
HaHa....I'd fit in wierd....having all these LS1's than a NEON pulls up!
Old 08-16-2004, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

haha yeah...but it'd be alrite if you could smoke up the competition in western nc too

so basically i need to mod my car before i wanna beat anything besides an srt-4?
Old 08-16-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

what do you run? mid - low 13s? the m6 sure helps on the street(i need a tc bad), but i think you should be able to take any of the stock srt vehicles(save viper) and the only aftermarket out there is for the neon. so far....and the srt-8 won't be out for a while.....the neons are getting faster though...i've already conceeded that my brother in laws sXt-4 will beat my z soon enough.....he's got more money than me and i'm gonna be digging into my electra soon.....then i'll go smoke all the imports with a 4700lb drop top duece!
Old 08-16-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Right now the 300C runs about the same as a Stock S.R.T-4....only with better top end!
but the s.r.t.4 times are all over the board witht he fwd and manual trans.....with the right driver they are a few tenths faster than a 300c, and i've heard of some guys getting "stock(who knows)" neons into the low low 13s just by using slicks.......i hadn't driven any stick in so long it was really odd to jump in one that quick