Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

s r t 4 w$6k in mods tries a turbo LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 08:28 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trtturbo
you guys running a 112 lsa wont work well with the FI. The designer suggests a reverse split, like along the lines of a 226/220 on a 114. If you go into the 230 range, then go up on the lsa. Just for an example, a LS1 with forged rods and pistons (9.2), a small LS6 cam, stock heads, good fuel system;using the t-67 he is making 570/602 @ 10psi. That is a pretty mild motor making great numbers.
My bad. I went back to the source of my info and I plain-outright misread the cam spec info.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just talking out of my *** here, but it seems to me that you COULD put four of those things back there.

It's not like you have to shoehorn them in. You could do two per side, assuming a dual setup, right? I'm assuming that there is enough exhaust to spool four small or medium sized turbos, I have no idea.

Someone who actually knows what they are talking about (Read: not me) would have to answer that.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Launching!

nice kill
Old 08-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
You're not kidding

I do have one question for you though.....why did I get booted from your forums? I thought I read that booting people was and you guys were proud of not doing it? Only thing I can imagine is that it was because of all he bad blood between us and you guys at the time so removal of LS1 members privelages was considered necessary That or it was b/c a bunch of you guys got banned here, one or the other I figure
well for the past year it was anything goes in war stories. the mods there are cool and arent gay like..... well.... we will just say mods elsewhere....
some new mods got appointed, and just made their way to war stories to check it out. they saw some things they didnt like, and banned. dont worry, we dont even like what they did. banning is gay. glad no one around here does that
Old 08-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Banned

but those random mods havent made their way back into war stories......
we didnt have a very good reaction to the couple bannings... and i think they got the point.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

On the forum I mod at, we ban folks to a forum called Purgatory, which is the only place they can post at. They usually rant & argue with their own kind—trolls, morons, perverts, etc.—for a day or two, before they fade away.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GA_Driver
On the forum I mod at, we ban folks to a forum called Purgatory, which is the only place they can post at. They usually rant & argue with their own kind—trolls, morons, perverts, etc.—for a day or two, before they fade away.
first ive ever heard of that.....
Old 08-17-2004, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Check yer PM for the link.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Haha that sounds really funny!!! haha.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

No more than with the stock y pipe. You do have to pay a little attention, but no real problems. Mine is lower than most, because I have a pre-production kit. There has been a few minor changes that makes it higher, I just havent put the different pipe on yet.
Tom, I knew you would love it.
Doesn't it get air from the rear ? How does it keep the air filter from getting wet and keep the air filter from getting filthy really fast ? I'm really interested in this STS setup.

Good Kill BTW
Old 08-17-2004, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

I'm just talking out of my *** here, but it seems to me that you COULD put four of those things back there.

It's not like you have to shoehorn them in. You could do two per side, assuming a dual setup, right? I'm assuming that there is enough exhaust to spool four small or medium sized turbos, I have no idea.
I'd have to wonder why you'd want to, personally.

If you have 4 medium turbos, that will pretty much blow any block to ****.

4 small turbos...why not just use medium ones?
Old 08-17-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by apathy
I'd have to wonder why you'd want to, personally.

If you have 4 medium turbos, that will pretty much blow any block to ****.

4 small turbos...why not just use medium ones?
Oh shut up and stop thinking logically... haha.

It would definitely be original and pretty neat. Though it isn't something I would spend my money on.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Banned

me-412
16/4 veyron.. they seem to do ok with 4 turbos
Old 08-17-2004, 02:16 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

So how is that STS kit??????
Well he's putting down 410 hp with it.

Take that however you want.

Why is h/c package with a mild cam not a better/cheaper deal?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

you guys running a 112 lsa wont work well with the FI. The designer suggests a reverse split, like along the lines of a 226/220 on a 114. If you go into the 230 range, then go up on the lsa. Just for an example, a LS1 with forged rods and pistons (9.2), a small LS6 cam, stock heads, good fuel system;using the t-67 he is making 570/602 @ 10psi. That is a pretty mild motor making great numbers.
Correct, because with the wider LSA on the cam, leaves more time to combust and the release the exhaust which is what the motor needs with all of that air being forced in.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mmmmyfault
me-412
16/4 veyron.. they seem to do ok with 4 turbos
Well, hopefully nobody is going to make a million dollar LS1.

As to whether it possible? Probably. Original? Sure. Useful? Naw.

Just get a prostitute to blow into the intake. You'll have the first hooker-powered LS1. Now that's original.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Someone who actually knows what they are talking about (Read: not me) would have to answer that.

you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about

but yeah, too many little turbos will keep the motor completely out of being efficient, and it would just suck.

turbos would be working way to hard, being way to hot, and motor would be barely making power, if not losing it
Old 08-17-2004, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigBronco
you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about

but yeah, too many little turbos will keep the motor completely out of being efficient, and it would just suck.

turbos would be working way to hard, being way to hot, and motor would be barely making power, if not losing it
Well, you won't ever know unless you ask!
Old 08-17-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Angry Another "NAY" sayer..

Originally Posted by slik98z
ok dammit i finally have to say something....been reading about these rear mounted turbo kits and their power production and all i gotta say..

What the TONYTONYTONYTONYing **** kinda of a bum TONYTONYTONYTONYed stupid *** **** idea is this? Lets see, put an air filter being a rubber tire that is supposed to move quite quickly due to this rear mounted turbo...put plastic casing around it, put fiberglass around it, i dont care whats around that air filter, rocks kicked up by a tire can crack a windsheild without problem, what do you suppose it would do to an airfilter...

now the air has to travel through what.. ( a camaro is just over 16 feet long right?) 10 11 feet back to the intake? and where does the intercooler go? and its not supposed to have turbo lag?

Im sorry i dont see how this goofy *** thing is such a deal. yeah its about 2-3 grand cheaper than an under the hood turbo but ****, in a year youll go through tha tmuch money in air filters...behind the TONYTONYTONYTONYing tire..stupid ****.

sorry i just couldn't help myself this thing confuses the **** out of me. 3500 go get a sweet heads and cam package and buy some n2o with the left over dough.
My lord... Here we go again...
First of all, I will tell you the practicality of it.
ANY headers that move the location of your stock Cat's are federaly illegal. While true the chances of people getting caught in those counties/states that do not have visual inspections are rare, some of us in California do.
With a "GOOD" cam and heads package (around the same price with install), I will fail a sniffer. Also with the laughing gas I will fail a visual.
The STS looks like it is very close on getting a C.A.R.B. E.O. = 50 state legal.

And also with a H/C setup... you have to put more $$$ to get more HP. With the turbo... I can turn up the boost (well until something goes ).

Second is the filter... READ K&N, reusable/cleanable filter, READ Cover, READ not any more dirtier than the !FRA mod.

Third lag... My gawd... do you know the air volume of an inter-coller? It is not much more than the inlet pipe... hell throw fins on it and guess what???
Look ma... an air to air intercooler.

Anything else??
You know... I am going to stop debating the ignorance.
I am with Billy on this... It has been proven.... and it works. Until you go and buy a STS kit, and discredit it's merits... you "THEORIES" hold no water.

/rant off... I will get off my now

I apologize Billy for me and other inconsiderate people from hijacking your thread.

Oh and BTW... NICE KILL!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slik98z
What the TONYTONYTONYTONYing **** kinda of a bum TONYTONYTONYTONYed stupid *** **** idea is this? ...behind the TONYTONYTONYTONYing tire..stupid ****.
Who the hell is TONY? And why are you bringing him into this?