Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A4 Slomaro vs AMG C55

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A4 Slomaro vs AMG E55 ?

I hate to admit it, but the Slomaro suffered its' first street race loss. While getting on the highway, a Mercedes jumps on my butt. So, I hammer it, but to my surprise not only is he hanging with me, he is riding up my *** !! On the highway, he is pulling some until we had to slow down at 120mph for upcoming traffic. That's when I notice it is an AMG C55. I don't know much about them, but I remembered that video of the 450rwhp 03 Slobra losing several times to an AMG. Uh oh. So, we both pull off and what do you know...we hit a light with NO TRAFFIC !!! What are the chances? That never happens. I'm thinking, ok...I think I can take him from a dig, especially with my soft hitting SY3500. The light goes green and we both take off with wheelspin. I'm edging ahead by about a 1/4 of a car !! I'm thinking, yes !!! I may actually beat him when I get total traction. But then by 50 or 60 (I'm guessing), he walked right by me while I was at full throttle. There was no way I was going to catch him. I gave him a thumbs up and he waved back. Even though he had an automatic too, on the highway it would NOT downshift when he went to WOT. That thing would flat out take off like a bat outta hell while mine was sitting there downshifting and then accelerating.

He flat out beat me every which way you could get beat...on the highway, from a roll, and from a dig. It's hard to believe that thing only has about 367hp and torque (I think). I know they do 0-60 in about 5.2sec, but what do they run in the 1/4 and what mph?

It was still fun though.

Edit - After doing some research, I'm thinking maybe the car was an E55. That would explain it more as those things are putting out 470hp. The only badges I remember were the AMG badges on back, but I know for sure on the side of front fender it said 'Kompressor'. I'm assuming that means it was the blown version. I asked him if it had a blower on it, and he did say yes, but I could not hear it. Maybe someone can clarify for me.

Last edited by Gary98Z; 08-18-2004 at 09:54 PM. Reason: wrong car listed
Old 08-18-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for some happy gas...
Old 08-18-2004, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not your average run of the mill Starbucks car, even though I love Starbucks. That car has a handbuilt mill between the fenders. That's a flagship model. They are very deadly indeed, and expensive. Your no slouch either. It's something to have shared some pavement with an automobile of that caliber. With some enhancements, you could turn the next hand to your favor, but be gracious.

Quick Reply: A4 Slomaro vs AMG C55