Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

another mundane race: murder of WS6

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYNLO
Skippy, good kill. Anyway Skippy, I hope you get your wish soon.....some guy draggin' your *** sending you home with your wish granted. Then you are forced to go to the next level.
That's all I'm asking for! And yes, thats what they ran when they weren't missing gears.
Also: I'm positive its supercharged because instead of getting a higher hood, he cut a huge hole in his and it was poking out.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

? Roots style? Thats odd.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DD966
You've been to the track 3 times and the f-bodies and cobras were running 14's Is the track located on an 8000ft mountain-top I'm unaware of. I'm one of the slowest f-bodies at the track (NJ and NY). A supercharged vet here runs 10's all day long.

You are beginning to sound like a troll.
If he was talking about Houston RP in Baytown,that's a good track at a low elevation. I've been to several Natl events there and they can run really good numbers. I'm talking mostly pro cars but there are a lot of fast cars in that area.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

no way hes talking about HRP.. Thats one of the fastest tracks in the country..

the only thing that took me back is he said he gets better traction on the street than the track.

Looks like your just going to the wrong track.. The only real mod I see is gears. What did you run at that track?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02ls1ss
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
you know i would love to know what you find so funny i posted the shop and their # for you to call if you though i was talking out my ***, so chec kit out then start laughing out of you cornhole.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Running 14's in lubbock is like running low 13s to 12s anywhere else. The two nearby tracks provide aweful traction and the air there is horrible. My friend made a many passes in lubbock and the best he could manage in his truck was in the 14s. Then first pass at Noble here in OK he made 13.6. By the end of the night he was cutting low 13s consistantly. That's no suprise they ran 14s to me at all. In fact I'm kinda suprised someone didn't run worse than that. And if you want a fast ls1 there. I know a guy in lubbock that went 11s all motor in his 98 z28 in lubbock. He supposedly is in the 10s at houston which I believe. Plus now he has spray. I'm sure you're suspension package is almighty though. BTW on the suspension running 10s thing I dunno about that. However I have seen one hit 11s on suspension and E/T streets and exhaust with an untouched motor. Barely, but it was 11's.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by King02SS
Running 14's in lubbock is like running low 13s to 12s anywhere else. The two nearby tracks provide aweful traction and the air there is horrible. My friend made a many passes in lubbock and the best he could manage in his truck was in the 14s. Then first pass at Noble here in OK he made 13.6. By the end of the night he was cutting low 13s consistantly. That's no suprise they ran 14s to me at all. In fact I'm kinda suprised someone didn't run worse than that. And if you want a fast ls1 there. I know a guy in lubbock that went 11s all motor in his 98 z28 in lubbock. He supposedly is in the 10s at houston which I believe. Plus now he has spray. I'm sure you're suspension package is almighty though. BTW on the suspension running 10s thing I dunno about that. However I have seen one hit 11s on suspension and E/T streets and exhaust with an untouched motor. Barely, but it was 11's.
well this motor is not totally untouched 350 at the wheels is not untouched thats atleast a cam, and i don't remember if he said an f bod or an ls1, either way you don't have to swallow my totall slander i posted THE NAME OF THE SHOP ALONG WITH THE PHONE NUMBER AND THE SHOPS FORMAN IS NAMED BILLIE CALL AND ASK HIM. o by the way down here in south fl Red line and R.A.C.E are known for the sick cars they build, so they know what they doing.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I Know a Cobra thatll drive to lubbock to run ya.