Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

IS300 vs. Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004 | 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by zamboxl
yes now they do but it said that a year or 2 ago they only came with a 4 speed tranny. when all the other cars in the segment had 5 speed tranny or the option to get a stick.

Are you sure? my friend has an 02 with a 5spd..
Old 08-31-2004 | 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Todd– Is that so? I'll have to check that out. But you say the handling isn't there?

Originally Posted by c2a0m0a0rSoS
let's put the same amount of money into one of those ls1's and then see what happens.

just a thought
I have no doubts that any LS1 car, with the same $$$ in mods, would be better performance-wise.
Old 08-31-2004 | 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Racing with that much traffic is just ******* stupid.
Old 08-31-2004 | 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
Are you sure? my friend has an 02 with a 5spd..

The very first year they came out was the only year they did not offer the the 5-speed. It has been an option ever since.
Old 08-31-2004 | 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GA_Driver
Todd– Is that so? I'll have to check that out. But you say the handling isn't there?
It is a large car. It has a lot of power, but don't try to throw it around unless you are moving a little. The car reponds MUCH better once you are already moving along.

-Todd
Old 08-31-2004 | 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the advice!
Old 08-31-2004 | 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Enh, not a Toyota fan.

Ill watch the video later (TSC/RDC Right now )

I could go out and make a bad *** video of me ripping up what look to be modded cars too.. it doesnt take much to manipulate a race and ensure that your the victor. It sucks the guy wouldnt race someone else, someone more on his level/better than him. Goes to show he had a huge ego problem.. Im guessing the video will hold testament to that.
Old 08-31-2004 | 03:46 PM
Launching!

I think Bronco pointed out what really needed to be pointed out. It's a nice car, and it's quick. However, quick is not the same as fast. Apples should race Apples, and Oranges should race Oranges, otherwise, there's no bragging rights.
Old 08-31-2004 | 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Enh, not a Toyota fan.

Ill watch the video later (TSC/RDC Right now )

I could go out and make a bad *** video of me ripping up what look to be modded cars too.. it doesnt take much to manipulate a race and ensure that your the victor. It sucks the guy wouldnt race someone else, someone more on his level/better than him. Goes to show he had a huge ego problem.. Im guessing the video will hold testament to that.
AMEN..that guy is the pinacle of a ricer. I doubt he even did a thumbs up. And what was with the part when he froze the scene with the mustang guy. And the silver Z28 that was playing with him and the screen said "wtf". That guy obviosly can only have fun with people when he wins and he is the one going fast. And he was not racing the Z06. The stock GT that he raced pulled harder on him than the Z06......

-Todd
Old 08-31-2004 | 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Not a very classy guy. Was anyone really racing him? I heard no horns, saw no signals to go or anything.
Old 08-31-2004 | 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

i posted before and said is300's are nice, but i just now watched the vid...

i aint sayin the car aint fast, but it looks to me like most his comp in that video had alot more common sense and respect to other peoples safety not to be a complete jackass.

my loved ones drive on those roads, and so do all of yours. (not in texas but you get the drift...)

imo, if the guy had any respect at all he'd save it for the track or at least run 'em on deserted roadways.

total rice imo. (c'mon, 500hp and he's ****** with a vw?) i think he's making up for a small pecker myself.
Old 08-31-2004 | 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

he beat me on motor to motor I'm the blk convertible ss he raced .
Old 08-31-2004 | 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

damn some of you guys are hater....how can you call a guy no class no class because he beat all the cars he raced!!! and he was racing, he just pulled on those guys that easy...He was not disrepecting anyone..

we were cruising with almost 100 cars down to galveston and everyone was just having fun!! he beat everyone that he race cuz his car is ******* fast..his car is pumping out 500hp thru a 6 speed tranny. (not 5 speed)

btw...i was driving the Z06 that got spanked...and the VW thats in that video would spank a bunch of you chumps here...he is making 370hp to the wheels in a 3000lbs car...have some repect for some people' car!!!!
Old 08-31-2004 | 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

ahh so that was you in the blk Z06 ?
Old 08-31-2004 | 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jruss
ahh so that was you in the blk Z06 ?

yup...i only came to this site cuz someone sent me here.....your car sounds mean!!! You coming out to the next cruise???
Old 08-31-2004 | 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Still not a Yota fan.
Old 08-31-2004 | 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Just think about somebody (or in this case 2 or 3 cars) coming up on your 16 year old little sister or your grandma at those speeds. that plain and simple tends to make most people nervous and want to flinch...

its not gran turismo, its mom and dad on the way to home depot.
Old 09-01-2004 | 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by badhoopty
Just think about somebody (or in this case 2 or 3 cars) coming up on your 16 year old little sister or your grandma at those speeds. that plain and simple tends to make most people nervous and want to flinch...

its not gran turismo, its mom and dad on the way to home depot.

blah blah..stfu...calling someone that drives a clean *** Lexus a ricer..What do you think you're gonna read or see in a street racing/kill stories forum??? (im not saying that its OK to street race) You and the other haters are just ******* bias cuz its not an LS1 that is beating everyone...

do you even own a decently fast car??? I can tell im gonna like coming to this site.....
Old 09-01-2004 | 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sc300
blah blah..stfu...calling someone that drives a clean *** Lexus a ricer..What do you think you're gonna read or see in a street racing/kill stories forum??? (im not saying that its OK to street race) You and the other haters are just ******* bias cuz its not an LS1 that is beating everyone...

do you even own a decently fast car??? I can tell im gonna like coming to this site.....
Calm down dude. Insulting the entire community makes you like the ricer. Just some friendly advice.

You can drive a fast car and still be a ricer, there are plenty of LS1 owners who are ricers, and one of my definations of being a ricer is people who do the flyby and are ******** when they win a race (or lose one). Win or lose, I show respect in person and away from person in one form or another (usually a thumbs up). The owner of the IS300 did not seem to give respect to the other cars he won (no thumbs up) and if he made the video, he is a complete *** by the way he portrated the other cars. AKA a ricer and his car should be given to someone who has more class since he seems to drive a really fast car and I hate seeing fast cars in the hands of someone who is societies lower class.

There will always be someone faster, and that guy is no exception. If you actually would look, some of the most afluent members here do not even own LS1's, or even American cars. We take all people, but we bash the *******, LS1 owner or not.

You drive a sweet Z06, don't be one of those ricer Z06 owners.

Street racing in the daylight in that congested traffic is just plain dumb.

-Todd
Old 09-01-2004 | 12:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Calm down dude. Insulting the entire community makes you like the ricer. Just some friendly advice.

You can drive a fast car and still be a ricer, there are plenty of LS1 owners who are ricers, and one of my definations of being a ricer is people who do the flyby and are ******** when they win a race (or lose one). Win or lose, I show respect in person and away from person in one form or another (usually a thumbs up). The owner of the IS300 did not seem to give respect to the other cars he won (no thumbs up) and if he made the video, he is a complete *** by the way he portrated the other cars. AKA a ricer and his car should be given to someone who has more class since he seems to drive a really fast car and I hate seeing fast cars in the hands of someone who is societies lower class.

There will always be someone faster, and that guy is no exception. If you actually would look, some of the most afluent members here do not even own LS1's, or even American cars. We take all people, but we bash the *******, LS1 owner or not.

You drive a sweet Z06, don't be one of those ricer Z06 owners.

Street racing in the daylight in that congested traffic is just plain dumb.

-Todd
im not talking about all the community...just the haters/**** talkers that doent even know what really happened in the video...it wasnt even the driver that took the video (it was the passenger and his point of view) and that he didnt do do any ricer flybys....he actually pulled on those guys that hard...Anyway, i was just defending my freinds and arguing on the interent is dumb...