Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

EVO VIII, NSX, SRT-4, Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO VIII, NSX, SRT-4, Eclipse

Yes I did race all these cars. All of them before my car started acting wierd. It sucks because I had money saved for a new engine now I'll have to save more! But on to the stories..

I wasn't expecting to race at all yesterday, it was a long day I had got done with doing some morning chores and was driving home into Denver. When above the highway on a road called Hampden I hear a turbo, and some one yelling, I look over and realize its a Neon. I dislike Neon's, not because of how they talk alot of ****, but because one took my mirror off at school. So After he yells about beating me, and you hear his little blowoff I decide to let loose. I wasn't sure how I would do against the "cute" little Neon, but I did great, from a 30 or so roll until 70-80. Had to shut down on street, I had over 2 or so cars on him. It was nice.

Next was a early NSX, I dislike these cars because import kids believe they are very fast, when they do not handle all that well and are very very expensive. I have looked for one of these 90k cars for ages now and finally ran into this nice black one near my house on a 3 lane road called Arapahoe. So he pulls up next to me at around 50, so I rev at him. This race I really wanted, so I started it, I hear him down **** and I do too, nice spot in 2nd and we begin to race, we get up to around 100 or so, I had put around 4 cars on him, I was kind of proud to shut down the car, I guy didn't wave or anything. I don't expect imports too then.

So my night had looked up, I was pretty amazed in finally being side by side with the overpriced Acura. Next thing you know, two EVO VIII's pull up next to me. I looked over and we both said hey and whats up. He is the FIRST Evo driver who actually has been nice I have met so when the turn signal turned green we turned and did a 20 or so roll I began to pull on him although his first gear he had put a 1/2 a car on me. We shut down quick as we past the local police station. Why bother? I gave him a thumbs up and he honked and his friend and him left, nice Evo's amazing. Then down the same road [This is a road called Smoky Hill] I run into another EVO, we hit a light, and of course he is happy its a dig. I decided why not? I launch it and of course see car lenghs already. But in a matter of seconds made up the ground, he shut down. It made me mad, then turned off.

Later in the night just driving around on high ways with my two friends in the car, my car started acting wierd. When I change gears the car shakes, I don't know whats wrong. When I put it in neutral it will die sometimes. I don't know whats wrong any ideas?

Those are my stories, it was a great night [Even though it was street racing] hope you guys enjoyed it.

EDIT: I forgot about the Eclipse, but it was a first gen with a upgraded turbo I had beaten before, I was surpised I beat it the first time. I just ran into him, didn't race him he gave me import excuses kind of funny.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

good kills, but since when did NSX's not handle all that well
Old 10-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Good runs man. Not sure what could be wrong the car though. I'm a dumbass when it comes to mechanics.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

possibly could have bent some pushrods.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm with 12stones. '91-'95 NSX's weren't fast by any means, but they have always handled VERY well. In fact, IMO, handling and comfort is all the NSX has going for it. A 290 h.p. (with the manual, 252 with the automatic) car going for $90K brand new with 14-year old technology (basically it's still the same car as it was in '91) is definitely a rip off.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

The handling I thought compared to other cars in the price range though I believe it isn't as good. Thanks for thanks guys lol.