Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mini cooper s ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mini cooper s ??

there is this guy that i go to school with he swears that he will kill me in a race from roll dig anything he says. i keep trying to tell him that it wont happen but he keeps insisting that he will own me! its started to **** me off so i told him to go to the track on thursday and he gave me "i dont go to the track." he said he would race me on the street for any amount of money.
what do u think the outcome will be? i think i will own him!!!! he has cold air intake and it is stock supercharged
Old 10-03-2004, 04:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahahaha, i think he's just trying to get a rise out of you buddy.....do some research on the car's performance...as long as you arent gonna auto-x him or road race him, i think you got him...
Old 10-03-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude... stock Cooper S's do the 1/4 in like mid-15's AT BEST. 0-60 is in the low 7's.

Please tell me you really just made this kids' comments up because you were bored.

Seriously, your car stock versus his with his CAI wouldn't even be considered a race. The fact that you're modified means that this race is gonna be absolute murder.

Also, wtf is it with these "sport compact" kids actin' like hot **** when they tell people "I don't take it to the track." Um, like that's something to brag about? That just tells us that you're even more ignorant and retarded than you previously came off as, because you're too much of a ***** to run your car and see what your own personal factual times are.

*sighs and shakes head* Stupid ricers.

I work with a kid who has a '90 Honda Accord 4door 4banger M5, with " a lot of work done". He claims to beat 5.0's all the time and that he SHOULD be running mid 15's and pushing 90 m.p.h. for his trap speed. I ask him all the time if he ever plans on running it at the track so he can stop guessing and assuming what he should be running, and find out what he actually runs, and he always gives me the excuse of "Well, I don't run it at the track because I wanna maintain a low profile so no one sees how fast I run so that way people will keep thinkin' I'm slow and then I'll continue to win their money at the street races."
Old 10-03-2004, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

im totally serious this guy swears he will kill me
Old 10-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
Also, wtf is it with these "sport compact" kids actin' like hot **** when they tell people "I don't take it to the track." Um, like that's something to brag about? That just tells us that you're even more ignorant and retarded than you previously came off as, because you're too much of a ***** to run your car and see what your own personal factual times are.

*sighs and shakes head* Stupid ricers.

I work with a kid who has a '90 Honda Accord 4door 4banger M5, with " a lot of work done". He claims to beat 5.0's all the time and that he SHOULD be running mid 15's and pushing 90 m.p.h. for his trap speed. I ask him all the time if he ever plans on running it at the track so he can stop guessing and assuming what he should be running, and find out what he actually runs, and he always gives me the excuse of "Well, I don't run it at the track because I wanna maintain a low profile so no one sees how fast I run so that way people will keep thinkin' I'm slow and then I'll continue to win their money at the street races."
People like that are just ******* scared to go to the track and see how slow they actually are. They need to be slapped around. And for this Mini Cooper? Please take this kid out and put him in his place. Then beat his ***.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

There was a mini cooper S running mid 16s at the local track. I also raced one a while back. Im not even sure if he got a good look at my tail lights. I wouldnt be worried at all if I were you.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Dude i hear what ur sayn i hate people like that i race at the track but when people look at my car i got the t/a with all the firbird looks and an automatic when i first got it stock with borla catback and k&n i ran a 13.1 good run'n motor but people look at it and laugh and its just so easy to win money when ur car looks shittir but the auto gets em everytime
Old 10-03-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

I love when people start saying how slow my car is because its an auto
Old 10-03-2004, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

My car is slow...its an auto.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:05 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eeek ... a stock Mini Cooper S doesn't even deserve a kill story, let alone a "What do you guys think."

Why people think they are fast is beyond me.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Eeek ... a stock Mini Cooper S doesn't even deserve a kill story, let alone a "What do you guys think."

Why people think they are fast is beyond me.

have you ever rode a go-kart? when you go 35 MPH on a go-kart, it feels like you're hauling ***

'nuff said....
Old 10-04-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Dude i hear what ur sayn i hate people like that i race at the track but when people look at my car i got the t/a with all the firbird looks and an automatic when i first got it stock with borla catback and k&n i ran a 13.1 good run'n motor but people look at it and laugh and its just so easy to win money when ur car looks shittir but the auto gets em everytime
you will notice that down one and slightly to the right of the "L" key on your keyboard is a key with a dot on it. That is called a period. It looks like this . It goes on the end of each sentence.

In all seriousness... dude, you are gonna lose. So many people underestimate those cars, and they are really quite fast. you would probably need a 100 shot to run even with him... especially if he is a manual. Afterall, autos suck, and only a fool races with an auto.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:18 PM
STF Veteran

LOL Kevin you are gonna scare him.

You will kill him even if he gets the jump. Just make sure you don't spin the hell out of your tires. Take of easy and you will lay a whippin' on him like he has never had. Try to get him to go for money.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

aww... fine...

Race him... but stay even with him while he is WOT... Look at him, smile, wave, and hit it. he will then be able to tell you weren't even trying when you were pacing him, and you might scare the **** out of him when you go WOT right next to him as well. Have fun, and be creative with how you kill him
Old 10-04-2004, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

video tape him talking before the race. then tape the race and then keep the camera on and tape his comments after, it would be funny if the guy is actually serious.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Launching!

This is one of those races i would get right next to him the whole time and just go on/off on the gas and make the front end jump up and down. Giving him the big the whole time. After he's had enough, maybe end of 2nd, get on it one good time and put a few zip codes on him. I make even the crappiest races fun.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PHANTA-Z
This is one of those races i would get right next to him the whole time and just go on/off on the gas and make the front end jump up and down. Giving him the big the whole time. After he's had enough, maybe end of 2nd, get on it one good time and put a few zip codes on him. I make even the crappiest races fun.

I did that to a riced out "something" just the other day. lol
Old 10-04-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dal1as
I did that to a riced out "something" just the other day. lol
Man do I hate it when they are so riced out you can't even tell what it is anymore...
Old 10-04-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Man do I hate it when they are so riced out you can't even tell what it is anymore...
Old 10-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Launching!

god damn it....i want to see how this **** turned out man WTF?? I want to hear how this ricer reacted to this beating Race his ***
There are so many kids hoo talk **** at my school that i would race (if i had a car) U prolly have the fastest car in the school parking lot. Atleast i know if i had an LS1 car it would be.