Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a "Qwik WS6" The Other Night...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok maybe i was wrong But yea his story is off, because i can beat cobra's with just my mods.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Launching!

the camaro has got to be a v-6 with a 25 shot of n20 and a detuned cam. oh, and some home made exhaust.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 10-07-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have an 03 cobra w/2.76 pulley, xpipe, JLT true cold air, with a small shot. NO, the story is NOT BS.

And to answer some previous questions, I used to have a 351 notchback, hence the 5.8litre, than the LS1eater is part of the name because my brother has a 00 WS6 and my parents have an 00 Z28.

Someone already answer also, DSG= Dark Shadow Gray.

PS: This is NOT the only bolt-on/spray car I have walked, but I beat him so badly I just figured he did not use his nitrous. I thought posting here he would own up and maybe want to run me again, with nitrous, if the case was he wasn't using it. Oh yea, and I do like LS1's. If the deal had not fallen through, I would have purchased a Procharged WS6 off of a member on the boards here, but he just stopped communicating with me.

If anyones in my area, I'd be glad to give you a fun run.

Understand now???

EDIT: I said "full bolt ons", which is nowhere near the truth. It's more like minimal bolt ons.

Last edited by 5.8litrels1eater; 10-08-2004 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yea, I'm still confused to where I said he was definately spraying??? I said he has nitrous, but from how hard I pulled on him, and how much I beat him by, I doubt he had used it. Is it getting a little more clear???

Some of you are awfully quick to jump down someones throat when you obviously lack basic reading comprehension skills.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
I have a full bolt on 03 cobra w/2.76 pulley with a small shot. NO, the story is NOT BS.

And to answer some previous questions, I used to have a 351 notchback, hence the 5.8litre, than the LS1eater is part of the name because my brother has a 00 WS6 and my parents have an 00 Z28.

Someone already answer also, DSG= Dark Shadow Gray.

PS: This is NOT the only bolt-on/spray car I have walked, but I beat him so badly I just figured he did not use his nitrous. I thought posting here he would own up and maybe want to run me again, with nitrous, if the case was he wasn't using it. Oh yea, and I do like LS1's. If the deal had not fallen through, I would have purchased a Procharged WS6 off of a member on the boards here, but he just stopped communicating with me.

If anyones in my area, I'd be glad to give you a fun run.

Understand now???
Ok, that was much better... However, do you have any idea what kind of cam he is running? If he has anything more than a Z06 cam, then perhaps 10 car lengths is stretching it a bit? Unless, he just really sucks as at driving or something. What size shot of the juice you running?

Anywho, nice kill
Old 10-07-2004, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

My guess the only way he could put 10 cars on him is if the other guy in the LS1 wasn't trying or he let off early and the Cobra guy kept in it and said oh look I beat a cammed full bolted on bottle fed LS1 by 10 cars

Dan
Old 10-07-2004, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Sorry man, I think it was the lack of basic story telling skills!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freakynipples69
Ok maybe i was wrong But yea his story is off, because i can beat cobra's with just my mods.
Stock ones maybe.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, I'm not much of a story teller.

At either rate, I am running a 50 shot, which calculates to upwards of 100rwhp on these cobras. I don't know what cam he has, I figured posting here, someone would know him better than the kid I talked to.

And I talked the driver at the light, and he did NOT let off. I think the question is whether or not he sprayed, which I honestly don't think he did.

ONGRNGO, if you are every out my way, drop me a PM. Add some spray to your combo. and let's have a go. With a 100 shot you would be trapping, what???.....122 or so? I have that covered by a LOT. So, add a cam, pick up your 3/4 mph, and run me again. I still have 125 covered by a fair margin , not much, but plenty to pull you up top on the street.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:15 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ fessin' up your mods wasn't so bad was it? Good for many car lengths, but 10? Hmm.

Nice kill anyhow.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
Yea, I'm not much of a story teller.

At either rate, I am running a 50 shot, which calculates to upwards of 100rwhp on these cobras. I don't know what cam he has, I figured posting here, someone would know him better than the kid I talked to.

And I talked the driver at the light, and he did NOT let off. I think the question is whether or not he sprayed, which I honestly don't think he did.

ONGRNGO, if you are every out my way, drop me a PM. Add some spray to your combo. and let's have a go. With a 100 shot you would be trapping, what???.....122 or so? I have that covered by a LOT. So, add a cam, pick up your 3/4 mph, and run me again. I still have 125 covered by a fair margin , not much, but plenty to pull you up top on the street.
Being I live in MN that would be a long trip to come race ya, anyways the car is in storage right now getting a Cam install soon along with a 9", more weight out, and probobly a 100 shot and I have no doubt that I would put you to shame Of course that would be at a track so there would be no excuses, or are you the type that will only race from a roll because you cannot launch your car? Also have you ever been to the track? what do you run if you have?

Dan

Last edited by ONGRNGO; 10-07-2004 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if this kill story hadn't been made by a cobra owner then half of this wouldn't have happened...i understand this is an ls1 site but i don't see why everyone jumps to conclusions and bashes others just cause it is not an ls1...with that being said nice kill...bad story...people here like facts not what a friend of a friend said...plus everything is hard to believe when you don't provide a lot of info...
Old 10-07-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

10 car lengths.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 777
if this kill story hadn't been made by a cobra owner then half of this wouldn't have happened...i understand this is an ls1 site but i don't see why everyone jumps to conclusions and bashes others just cause it is not an ls1...with that being said nice kill...bad story...people here like facts not what a friend of a friend said...plus everything is hard to believe when you don't provide a lot of info...
Hypocrite. lol
Old 10-07-2004, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 777
This thread has made me laugh for a good long while. My reply following the "Well. What's it got?" request evidentally hit nerves. But think about this, What if I went to the Ford Sites every time I kicked one of their owner's cars, claiming 10 cars etc? possibly looking for the owner so I could confirm what he has, was using or what not. Without listing my mods! BF'nS. Like the time I killed a Mach 1 with an air intake, 4.10's and no cats. Do ya think some of 'em might do a little bash'n? Oh, If I did not have my mods listed in my sig.

Nice Kill - but list the "bragging rights" on one of your Cobra, Mach 1, or GT sites. Believe me, I have the utmost respect for Unit, and a few others. And you are right, this is an LS1 Site.

Last edited by Y2kHawk05; 10-07-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

I believe he may have beat the car. But I do not believe the Camaro has a good setup, and I do not believe it was 10 cars. I dont respect when people come on to other boards and talk about kills.

I also do think alot of this woudn't go down if it wasn't 03 Cobra. A Civic would be dismissed, alot of people are kind of angry that it is a car that could beat a LS1 with heads/cam setup.

But again, I do not think he pulled up to a car which had 100% going for it, if what if has gives it any power. You should get video.

P.S- If there is a 03 here in Denver, CO. I will race it. When my car is back from the shop.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

nice kill!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 12:55 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it just me, or does everyone who gets BS called on them always seem to have a shot of nitrous appear from nowhere and suddenly be added to the "mod list" ....
Old 10-08-2004, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

This Cobra traps at over 125??? I think he needs to tell every mod he has cause I don't think this is the case. Has the car been to the track? If so post your slip, or at least the mph, cover everything else up if you want, but post the MPH!!