Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a "Qwik WS6" The Other Night...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he knows what it traps then I would assume it has been to the strip. This guy should post some slips, dyno numbers, or a full mod list. Then if it all makes sense the people callin BS will give due respect, but will still have suspicions of the car he beat. And the peeps saying everyone is just flaming cause its a cobra can CHILL.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Oh geez... here we go again... sounds almost like another call out...
Old 10-08-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ALREADY posted my full mod list. I will take pics tomorrow of the nitrous setup if you have that much of a hardon for it .
Old 10-08-2004, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LSWannabe, what do you know about racing and cars may I ask??? Please stick to your grandmothers car. I don't post times, and I don't go to the dyno. Sorry, no dyno queen here.

Damn I hate to see what you are going to say about me murdering a Z06 withOUT the spray at the track ................

http://home.comcast.net/~absoluthune2/MYPASSvid.WMV

Last edited by 5.8litrels1eater; 10-08-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

10 cars? my bud has a 87 gt stang with a 125nos shot,pullies,full exh,3.73's, gt40 intake(stock heads and cam) and about 100lbs of weight removed. i watched him kill a 03 cobra with a catback,the mighty small pulley and a chip. now for the big kicker the same guy can only kill a ls1 by 4 cars or so. shi- dont add up for me. oh,by the way he killed the 03 cobra two times and it was from a roll because my bud is on slicks so the cobra would'nt go from a dig.man,if we were not so far apart i'de like to hook up for a run. if this is all true,then nice kill.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mike c., no offense, but your buddy with the cobra obviously CAN NOT drive. If he has the smaller pulley, he most likely has the 2.76, or smaller, and should be trapping high 1 teens, and be well into the 11's.

Get one of the other LS1tech members to run me, I don't care. I just got a screw in my ET street about an hour ago and I'm looking for another one as I type.

Just find a member and I will run him, pref. one in this thread that doubts the kill.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

next pass.......

http://home.comcast.net/~absoluthune2/MYPASSVID2.WMV
Old 10-08-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

wow...awesome vids, atleast we got to see what you et'd and trapped .

most pulley'd & bolt on cobras i see are trapping 117-121mph at my track and you have a 50 shot, so you should be trapping what?...123-125mph? at the same track, my buddy in a full weight ws6 with a tr230 cam only goes 11.7@117. throw a 100-150 shot and i bet he would be seeing 125mph atleast.

im gonna have to say he definately wasnt using nitrous but 10 car lengths...hmmm, good kill no matter what though.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are right on the blower times, but not the nitrous. On a blower car, with nitrous, the effect of the nitrous is nearly doubled. With a 50 shot, "most" people pick up 80-100 rwhp and greater than 100RWTq. That means that if you aren't picking up near 8mph, something else is wrong. Perhaps the driver.

AND FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, I DO NOT BELEIVE HE WAS SPRAYING, AS I STATED IN MY FIRST POST OF THE THREAD, AND ABOUT 10 OTHER POSTS.

But about the cam........I watched a cam/longtube/everything other bolt on under the sun run a string of 13.0's at 110-111 at atco. This is typical of what I see from most people, simply because of their LACK OF driving skills. My brothers bonestock WS6 vert ran a 12.87 at 111.

Why don't you add some juice to your car and run me, see how you do. Or get your buddy to, I'll run him to for fun. Where is butler? Well at least you know what you are talking about how cobra's run and what they trap, you are about the first one to have a clue.

EDIT: Oh yea, I have a 3810 race weight.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
Why don't you add some juice to your car and run me, see how you do. Or get your buddy to, I'll run him to for fun.
Too bad I don't live in PA.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sure there is a board member in PA that has a cam and juice. I'm always willing to run for fun. And NO, I am not saying I will win, I don't want this to get off on the wrong foot again about how I'm saying I can beat all LS1's or something stupid.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

This is probably why i didn't buy a mach 1 or a Cobra and get into the Ford crowd....Most of the owners are too arrogant for my likings and this thread has reinforced my views. And no i'm not calling your stories bS and i very much like Ford cars, but take your bragging rights to the Ford Forums, i've heard enough Cobra stories here...

btw: Nice job walking that WS6 - isn't that what you came to hear?

Last edited by Chevy4Life; 10-09-2004 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No not really. I came here trying to find out what EXACTLY he had done, and figured he would be a member on here.

PS: I expect comments like you stated (ford owners being too arrogant for your likings ) from a brand loyalist such as yourself. I hate to say it, but I DID ONCE own a GM. I liked the car, but it was time for something new.

I misread that this was a "GM KILL ONLY" forum. I must have misread the title of, "Street Racing and Kill Stories". You see, stereotyping owners would be sort of like myself calling you an uneducated redneck. While I know this isn't true being my parents and brother both own GM's (parents own the Z28, brother owns the WS6), you just help to prove the point of being a moron.

Thanks, drive through. Oh yea, you must not read to well. You might want to read my posts to see if I am arrogant about my cobra. I am not, as I already stated I was going to purchase a procharged WS6. But than again, you are not the brightest, so I understand why you lack such basic reading comprehension skills .
Old 10-09-2004, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Default ok....

No not really. I came here trying to find out what EXACTLY he had done, and figured he would be a member on here.

PS: I expect comments like you stated (ford owners being too arrogant for your likings ) from a brand loyalist such as yourself. I hate to say it, but I DID ONCE own a GM. I liked the car, but it was time for something new.

I misread that this was a "GM KILL ONLY" forum. I must have misread the title of, "Street Racing and Kill Stories". You see, stereotyping owners would be sort of like myself calling you an uneducated redneck. While I know this isn't true being my parents and brother both own GM's (parents own the Z28, brother owns the WS6), you just help to prove the point of being a moron.

Thanks, drive through. Oh yea, you must not read to well. You might want to read my posts to see if I am arrogant about my cobra. I am not, as I already stated I was going to purchase a procharged WS6. But than again, you are not the brightest, so I understand why you lack such basic reading comprehension skills .
buddy as far as your "brand loyalist" theories go, maybe you misread the part about me having interest in a Mach 1 and cobra + the "i very much like Ford cars" saying....and I'M the one that "lacks such basic reading comprehension skills"???!!! kinda contradicted yourself there. hmm...and i'm not going to get into the part about calling me a moron and resort to name-calling. I see your maturity level dropped a few points on that one...

P.S. Thanx for proving my original point about being arrogant
Old 10-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Teching In

This thread reminds me of the Bullitt thread...darn Chevy vs Ford wars..
Mike
Old 10-09-2004, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

nothin to do with Chevy vs. FOrd but it's being made out by certain people to seem so...
Old 10-09-2004, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can this digress any further? Too Funny and the name calling just makes me laugh. On the LS1tech thread (beat a SC Bullit) another Mustang owner was all upset about showing respect on their forum and what not. If they are so bad, then why don't they come down to H-Town and run our good buddy madman.
http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/home2.html
Old 10-09-2004, 03:14 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I hate to see what you are going to say about me murdering a Z06 withOUT the spray at the track ................

http://home.comcast.net/~absoluthune2/MYPASSvid.WMV

I'm going to say THANK YOU for proving my point.

Pretty commonly accepted that it takes an LS1 f-bod right around 400rwhp to slightly beat a Z06 ..... which is what I would consider what you did (1-2 cars does not equal murdering) ....

Full bolt-on and a decent cammed LS1 = that 400rwhp. so you add your 50 shot, and the ls1 adds it's 125 shot ....

sorry dude, but you don't pull 10 lengths in less then a quarter mile distance.

Btw, posting a video which has absolutely NO identifying marks on it whatsoever, does not impress anyone on this board. I can go find and post a video of a black 9 second trans am and call it my own, just as well as you can go find a video of a cobra at the track.

Again, thank you for proving my point and I think now this can be sufficiently answered and this stupid thread put to sleep ..... You beat him, but the guy was not spraying .... end of story.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

xphantomws6x, you seriously need to read a little better. I STATED A MILLION TIMES THAT HE PROBABLY DIDN'T SPRAY.

Chevy4Life, you contradicted YOURSELF. You state you are interested, but you also state you would not own one. That's not saying much.

oh yea, if you call well OVER A SECOND and well OVER 10 MPH not murdering a Z06 and only a 1-2 car lengths, you seriously need to buy a clue.

As ALREADY STATED by your own LS1tech ls1 owner/member, pullied cars run low/mid 11's and trap low 120's.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dear John
Perhaps after obtaining his G.E.D., this fellow thought he was knowledgable enough to type a nice post about his Modded Cobra killing a kid with a catback and !driving skills! by 10 car lengths.

Stealing the hit also makes 10 cars more believable.

Off a roll RACING.
Word? Ha, sup Fernando...

10 lengths huh? Here are MY possible scenarios for 5.8?ltretr or whatever his name is:

I would imagine that the WS6 stated SHOULD be very low 12's, very high 11's at least, so...

He has a superfast Cobra deep in the 11's.
The guy in the WS6 can't drive (doubtful)
You raced a V6
He is exaggerating a little bit
He is totally full of ****

I'm kinda leaning towards the last one. Hard to believe that a Snake owner would post that in the SRK section here without a little lying.

But if it is true, good kill I guess.