Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a "Qwik WS6" The Other Night...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TA TED

I KNOW this is the kills section, I just don't know if the thread starter is psychic, or just a short story challenged pocket *****.

LMFAO
Old 10-09-2004, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
I'm sure there is a board member in PA that has a cam and juice. I'm always willing to run for fun. And NO, I am not saying I will win, I don't want this to get off on the wrong foot again about how I'm saying I can beat all LS1's or something stupid.

If you want to come down to MD I know of quite a few FBody's who will give you a run for your money.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

LSWannabe, what do you know about racing and cars may I ask??? Please stick to your grandmothers car. I don't post times, and I don't go to the dyno. Sorry, no dyno queen here.

Damn I hate to see what you are going to say about me murdering a Z06 withOUT the spray at the track ................

http://home.comcast.net/~absoluthune2/MYPASSvid.WMV

If you havent been to the dyno yet to get a tune I feel bad for you, your **** will be toast. I call on this whole ****** thread.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

My brothers bonestock WS6 vert ran a 12.87 at 111.

EDIT: Oh yea, I have a 3810 race weight.
Even more There is absolutely no way a WS6 vert will trap 111 bonestock.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need to look again at my post. my bud dont own a cobra,he owns the 1987gt mustang that killed the 03 cobra with the pulley and other mods. my buds 87gt only runs 13.0motor and 12.2's on the spray and he pulled this cobra by just a little over a car from a roll two times. so its not my bud that can't drive but perhaps the cobra can't.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Search for Tripleblackramairt/a on the boards.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/18058-tonight-i-dance.html

As for my car, yes, it's obviously deep into the 11's without spray.

Mike C., that is who I was referring to. Sorry for the mix up on drivers.

Black Z, as for you, I would MUCH MUCH rather my wideband o2 and my data logging software do some real life simulation tuning than take it to the dyno. Feel bad all you want, but with my perfect 12.0 a/f across the range, I am quite happy.

As for the rest of the haters, get one of the ohter known LS1tech members to run me. I opened up the challenge, and I'm just waiting for a response. Obviously a h/c spray car should walk me, so why not find a cam/spray car on here??? My location is right under my name, and I'll make a little trip for a fun run, but sorry, MD is a little too far to ride down for the night.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

what all do you have done to your car to get LOW 11's? i never heard of a pulley'd/ bolt on cobra running low 11s. all the cobra's i see with pulleys run high 11's. the fastest ive seen went 11.6@119 and he was pullied, all the bolt ons, solid axle and 3:73's. his 60' was a 1.6.

butler is about 45 min north of pittsburgh and if you really want to run someone, my buddy has a '99 SS with a 422 stroker, im sure he'd run you.

also...how come in the videos the camera die's just as you go through the traps?
Old 10-09-2004, 07:32 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Low 11's on slicks or ET Streets maybe?
Old 10-09-2004, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

Someone close to this guy needs to go race him and show him what happens when a well put together Cam only 125 shot LS1 car will do, as I see it there are a lot of mid to low 11 sec cam only cars here, with the bottled added you have a 10 second machine , take that and go blow the doors off his Cobra! Also are you including any form of LS1-6 cars? because I am sure a cam only plus spray ZO6 will hand you your *** with out a doubt at the track or on a roll

Dan
Old 10-10-2004, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I run ET STREETS as previously posted, I trap just into the 120's OFF spray.

As I have ALREADY stated, I'm sure a lot of cars can walk me. Nobody is arguing that. I would hope that a vette with cam/spray would beat me, but than again, not everyone can drive (actually most people can't drive).

So I would definately enjoy running someone local to me that has a cam and spray, pref. a STREET car that is full weight, but it's for fun, so whoever wants, come on out and play!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

instead of posting a video that goes blank just as you cross the line , and tell us you "trap just into the 120's without spray" just post a timeslip????
Old 10-10-2004, 02:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
instead of posting a video that goes blank just as you cross the line , and tell us you "trap just into the 120's without spray" just post a timeslip????
Quit being an arrogant ***** and post your times. Xphantom, drive over to PA and bust his ***.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:10 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

As I have ALREADY stated, I'm sure a lot of cars can walk me. Nobody is arguing that. I would hope that a vette with cam/spray would beat me, but than again, not everyone can drive (actually most people can't drive).

So I would definately enjoy running someone local to me that has a cam and spray, pref. a STREET car that is full weight, but it's for fun, so whoever wants, come on out and play!
I can run even with you motor for motor, tire for tire.
Your spray would kill me.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by black_z
If you havent been to the dyno yet to get a tune I feel bad for you, your **** will be toast. I call on this whole ****** thread.

Im with this guy, 10 car lengths??? come on. in the 4.6 liter vs the full bolt on LS1??? coomee onnn. Ill tell you right now that he was not spraying, im not even sure he was racing.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

You really weren't beating that Z06 too bad... Not to mention he launched like he was on street tires. You were on slicks. I'm not too impressed. Pull your head out of your *** and post a timeslip.

And probably not a good idea to call out all the HC/ spray cars on here- there might be a few traffic jams coming into PA.

Xphantom, could you please pimp slap this guy and end all this drama.

BTW, 5.8, don't post **** like this if you're going to post **** that is hard to believe. You probably wouldn't have caught so much flak if you didn't make it a point to say "I beat him by 10 car lengths. Heh heh."

That type of **** will earn you a chilly reception on an LS1 board, even if you did beat him. Go post that on the SVT forums. Wait, you probably did. I am a member of those forums, but you sure as hell wouldn't have me posting kills over there. And its not bc I couldn't beat a Cobra.

Old 10-10-2004, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
what all do you have done to your car to get LOW 11's? i never heard of a pulley'd/ bolt on cobra running low 11s. all the cobra's i see with pulleys run high 11's. the fastest ive seen went 11.6@119 and he was pullied, all the bolt ons, solid axle and 3:73's. his 60' was a 1.6.

butler is about 45 min north of pittsburgh and if you really want to run someone, my buddy has a '99 SS with a 422 stroker, im sure he'd run you.
Best I've seen an 03/04 cobra with all bolts ons and drag radials go was something like 11.6 @ 123. I think the 60' was something like 1.7.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

baddogz28, I posted on THIS board to find out exactly who the guy was. The h/c cars can come out, that's fine. As I said, win or lose, I don't care, it's all in fun.

I guess you have to be in the "click" to post kills on an LS1 board like some others. Oh well, some of you just can't handle the fact that LS1's CAn be beat. I know it's a hard concept to understand, but there's always a faster car out there.

2muchricemakes me sick, um, since when does "4.6 liter" mean anything??? Oh geeze, I forgot, you are one of those people that think just because you drive an LS1 youare the fastest on the road! And since your 5.7 liters is bigger than 4.6, than you are obviously faster!
Old 10-10-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

i am not in the "click" at all and don't even post on the site that often. you are obviously not to bright to think that you beat the ws6 by 10 car lengths, even if you did it wasn't smart to post it on a ls1 enthusiast forum. those comments will spread like wildfire and stir up a whole heap of trouble for you of course. there is no ford vs chevy battle just a stupid guy stirring up trouble. i bet if a ls1 onwer posted the same remarks on a cobra website he would get greeted the same way that you did. i bet that right before you posted the story you were like "i am gonna show these ls1 guys that i am badass!" then everybody ganged up on you and now you got your panties in a bunch and basically you suck. you were dropped on your head as a child to be owning a cobra and every other intelligent person in your family has a gm and they are f-bodies. do you really think anyone here would be like "gee i confess he beat me by 10 car lengths darn" sorry not gonna happen.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

by the way, who posts a video of there run then not even show the times? loser.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:39 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baddogz28
You really weren't beating that Z06 too bad... Not to mention he launched like he was on street tires. You were on slicks. I'm not too impressed. Pull your head out of your *** and post a timeslip.
Sorry 5.8L ... that ending was 2 or so car lengths ... NOT a full second. Maybe if you didn't cut off the end of the video we would be able to see that full second difference you were talking about? Gee, I wonder why you would cut it off, maybe cause you didn't want us all to see you ran a high 11???

Xphantom, could you please pimp slap this guy and end all this drama.
If it was the summer time that would be no prob, but during the semester I have 35 hours of work, and a full 18 credits of school ... I barely have time for anything now adays (notice how little I have been posting lately). Plus, I'm sure there are plenty of people a ton closer to him then I am.