Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a "Qwik WS6" The Other Night...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly he didn't want anyone to see what he really ran.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a cam/spray/exhaust car to run me off this site.

What's so hard about that challenge?? If I lose, so what, according to all of you I should get killed.

Some of you really aren't that bright to think that pullied 03 cobra's only run high 11's/low 12's.

stangkiller, you are 100% CORRECT. I don't want anyone to see what I run. Get a car that traps low 120's and have him run me on the street, you will than find out close to what I trap by how I pull on him.

So I'm still waiting for someone to step up to the plate...........do I have to engage a freindly wager to just have someone come out??? How's something cheap, just running for gas money or something, $20??? Any street car takers????
Old 10-10-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

lets see here, i think that if i had a car that could run what you say yours runs then i would be showing off that vid to anyone that came near me, especially the part where it shows the et, even people that don't have fast cars or a general interest in cars at all. i would be just so excited to accomplish that. i still don't think its a good idea to boast about something you can't prove on a website that caters to the fbody more so than a cobra. i think that you are like all fords, overrate what you really got. besides how many people on the street kills section are from pa anyways? so basically nobody wants to waste their time driving all the way to pa when you probably wouldn't even show up. i think that i am 100% correct on this topic as well.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

your just like most mustang owners that i know, always trying to prove to the world that they are fast, never with any evidence and always an excuse. i say most cause i am not trying to start a whole new arguement.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Excuses??? Evidence??????? First, I don't make excuses, no need to. Second, I have opened the challenge. What more evidence will you need?? I don't really care whether or not you beleive, just trying to get some fun runs in here. I KNOW my car isn't anywhere near fast, but it's plenty fast enough to take out cam/bolt on LS1's by a LARGE margin.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

easy tiger, why are you getting so defensive . it is unbelievably easy to challenge somebody to a race with a keyboard especially from a different state. so that doesn't prove nothing. hell i challenge you to a race with my minimal bolt on ls1. damn that was easy. see i just challenged you to a race. that was simple. will this race ever happen? nope. would i beat you? nope. why? cause you have the best cobra in all the land my friend. don't get confused, i am not bragging about my car, cause it is exactly what i said it is. you say you won by a mile? wrong. posted a video without the et (which is evidence) wrong. could it be that somebody else is in that car in the video? yep. all i am saying is it is hard to prove your point on a fbody website with nothing too strong to back it up with. come on now 10 car lengths on a heads, cammed and bolt on ls1? maybe hotwheels. ok fine you won. but not by 10 car lengths, can you own up to that.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
but it's plenty fast enough to take out cam/bolt on LS1's by a LARGE margin.
Are you sure bout that? There are many cam only cars that run 10s.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stangkiller, since when am I challenging people from other states??? I said from this board, just so that you know they aren't "exagerating" or making things up.

toxic99, while I don't doubt there are a few cam only cars that run 10's, I have not seen them. Heads cam, YES. Cam only in a street car (somewhat close weight, i.e., still has some of it's interior left), sorry, I have been a lurker on this site and the others for MANY years and don't recall a cam only car in the 10's that is also driven on the street. Than again, people doubt that a pullied cobra can run low 11's, I don't want you to think that I am falling into that category, as I am SURE it is possible, just not that I have seen.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

I'll post a thread about you tomorrow somewhere visible on here, so we can get you a race.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

damn...... i you lived closer hear.. i have plenty of head/cam/gas cars that are street driven to run you...

here is a video of two of them

http://www.horsepowerengineering.com/media/MOV00986.MPG

they will run you.. how about some cash and we will make the trip up there in both the white TA and blue SS

Interested?
Old 10-10-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigBronco
damn...... i you lived closer hear.. i have plenty of head/cam/gas cars that are street driven to run you...

here is a video of two of them

http://www.horsepowerengineering.com/media/MOV00986.MPG

they will run you.. how about some cash and we will make the trip up there in both the white TA and blue SS

Interested?

A full bolt-on Cobra is no match for a cam/bolt-on/nitrous LS1 (as long as it's not a baby shot). Considering that LS1s can easily take a 150-shot, that's ~550 horses to the wheel and 500 lbs less than your car.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

Check out the drag racing sectin 5.8LS1eater. I can name a few cam only cars in the 10's off the top of my head. 01-Z, JRod's Z06, and Brents Z06. I know there are more than that too.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

can you find me a 03/04 cobra w/ stock blower with a pulley and bolt ons runs 11.3's or better? i have never seen one or heard of one.

also i already told you, im sure my buddy with the 422 SS would run you. your motor & nitrous vs his all motor. let me know and ill get ahold of him.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
can you find me a 03/04 cobra w/ stock blower with a pulley and bolt ons runs 11.3's or better? i have never seen one or heard of one.

also i already told you, im sure my buddy with the 422 SS would run you. your motor & nitrous vs his all motor. let me know and ill get ahold of him.

Cause they dont exist
Old 10-10-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok, the solution is simple, i have seen flaws in both the cobra owners and ls1 owners post, but all i have to say is, who is the other mod in this ******* section, and what does he own?!.... oh yeah that is dan w/ a ******* 03 cobra on dope, let him fix this real quick... i am done
Old 10-10-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"i have plenty of head/cam/gas cars that are street driven to run you..."

I'm sure a h/c car should take me, when the hell did I say it couldn't?????

Brent has a h/c cam. I am pretty sure jrod does to. Since when do ported heads and cam = cam only car????? I have watched brents car run plenty of times, it runs reaaaaaaly good, but cam only??? no.

enisguy, how is that owned??? h/c/spray car?? It SHOULD own the cobra

30tht/a, I'll run him for fun. He should beat me, but no shame in loosing!

Baddog, sounds good! Just make sure you don't turn it around on me and make it seem like I am saying I'll beat everyone. BECAUSE I AM NOT. It's all in fun

TheDarkside, I am surprised he hasn't chimed in to say that pullied 03's run low 11's at right around 120.

There is WAAAAAAAAAAAAy too much ignorance to talk **** on 03/4 cobras in this thread to take anyone even half way serious.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

5.8litrels1eater...where you located at?
Old 10-10-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

i can't believe unit hasn't chimed in on this thread yet
Old 10-10-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

he prolly doesn't want to read through all the that is in here...i don't see how you are still trying to argue about this crap...i feel retarded for halfway trying to stick up for you at the beginning...you are claiming tons of stuff with absolutly no evidence for you...the only "evidence" you have shown proves you wrong...you also said something about not posting times and crap...yet you constantly brag about your ~120+ et traps...you are just and about your comment saying i've been on these boards for many years...well you would obiously be smart enough to not act like an imature kid who only dreams about owning a nice car...and you might actually have a little bit of knowledge about your car and the ls1
Old 10-10-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha, I have been waiting for the comment about someone claiming that I don't even own the car! 777, I know PLENTY about LS1's, and plenty about my own car.

30th t/a, I am located in Horsham, about 30 minutes away from Franklin Mills. I will drive that distance (a half hour a way for some fun runs) and my brother will bring his somewhat stock WS6 vert out to, for some money.