Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

spraying ls1 Vs. grand national

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a friend who's got a built gn and runs around 20 psi of boost and is only in the 11's. somethings fishy here.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

whats so fishy about it? all i know is that it sounds like the guy with the Gn runs 11's but he could run 8s,9s i dont know. but it seems like on here that if the ls1 beat the Gn you guys would say nive kill not "well the story is bs because the ............." i kind of expected that being as its posted on a ls1 forum but whats so fishy about a guy with a faster car beating another guy?
Old 10-19-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jaredm
I've got a friend who's got a built gn and runs around 20 psi of boost and is only in the 11's. somethings fishy here.
if you friends Gn is really built and hes runnin 11's it sounds like he has something wrong. if he turns the boost up to 25# or more with race gas or alky im sure he'd be in the tens
Old 10-19-2004, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

I drive a mustang and I actually get more respect on here for kills against a ls1 than I do on the mustang site I am on (dfwstangs.net)
Old 10-19-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mach1
I drive a mustang and I actually get more respect on here for kills against a ls1 than I do on the mustang site I am on (dfwstangs.net)
probably because yours is a v8 not a little v6 thats beating them
Old 10-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Launching!

It isn't that I didn't believe it. I just got confused because i thought it was your car. I missed your one post saying it wasn't yours. No doubt there are a shitload of Bad *** Gn's out there. Wish I knew what he had done to the GN though. Makes the story better. Leaves the mind wondering too dam much. LOL.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WTB-a-Hawk
It isn't that I didn't believe it. I just got confused because i thought it was your car. I missed your one post saying it wasn't yours. No doubt there are a shitload of Bad *** Gn's out there. Wish I knew what he had done to the GN though. Makes the story better. Leaves the mind wondering too dam much. LOL.
I got the same impression, that it was his car. I still have my flag up
Old 10-20-2004, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

Why are you guys putting up the flag when no one even knows what is done to the GN? You could build any car to walk a Sprayed LS1, alls it takes is money.

And don't underestimate the Potential of GN's. i guess i just dont understand why people are calling bs on this when they don't know all of the actual mods done to both cars....
Old 10-20-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
I got the same impression, that it was his car. I still have my flag up
look at the bottom of the post you retard it says the guys name who ran the ls1. then look at my sign in name, its jerrad.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

oh and 2muchricemakesmesick im sure he would have handed you your *** with no problem too.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

Why did you post this as your kill in the first post? This sounds like alot of second hand info to me.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

OMG you guys are knocking GN's? What next?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
OMG you guys are knocking GN's? What next?
Not at all. Just wondering why someone would post someone else's kill with the initial premise that it was HIS car regardless whether or not it was an F-body, Y-body, B-body, hot body, T-Type, X-wing fighter, Golf cart, etc.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
Why did you post this as your kill in the first post? This sounds like alot of second hand info to me.
where on this whole post does it say that its my car??? please tell me so i can change it the guy who wrote it and ran the races name is Carl my name is jerrad
Old 10-20-2004, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jerrad
D'ont want to start anything but i was just wondering if this ls1 guy is on here.

So I got called out to go run an LS1 trans am, heads up, hoods shut, for $. But there were stipulations, they wanted me on pump gas, on a radial, and I was gonna drive over an hour to get out to their spot...

Well thats what I did sat night. LOL! I drove about an hour and a half to meet up with them around 11:00pm at their spot. I let my car cool down for about 30min, and then it was off to race, but their spots were being patrolled by the fuzz, and I was getting concerned that my trans was getting heat soaked from all the driving araound (cause it don't like to shift hot!) but just wanted to get the damn race off. We finally after 45min. stopped at a spot to do it. I Figured I was gonna leave easy, so I didn't even drop any air pressure from my 275-60-15 BFG Drag Radials, meanwhile LS1 dude lowers his tire pressure, checks bottle pressure, and fiddles with his laptop for 10minutes. 1/4mile gets marked out, and we line up. I did a baby burn out and rolled out just to warm them a little, and we staged. I launched at anout 3-5psi and hammered the pedal about 20ft out. I pulled about 2 cars in 1st gear, but then my trans didn't want to shift so I had to let off, at which point he was back on my bumper. The stock 200R4 finally found second gear, I hammered down again (boost dropped to 0 in the meantime, but shot right back up) and pulled 2 cars in second gear no problem. Then I backed out of it to play safe on the 2-3 shift again, rolled into the gas once the shift was complete, and pulled third gear out to stay about 2-3 cars ahead.

Everyone seemed to have some trouble believing that I ran around this guy, but they paid, and I was on my way!

I had a good time!

-Cliff
No where do you indicate that this is NOT you. How are we to know your name is Jared and not Cliff. My parents did not name me METALBEAST. Its just my LS1tech handle.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerrad
where on this whole post does it say that its my car??? please tell me so i can change it the guy who wrote it and ran the races name is Carl my name is jerrad
It would prolly been easier if you had posted a link to this kill at the GN forums rather than copy/paste it as a thread. Then ask "Does anyone know of this LS1?".
Old 10-20-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My parents did not name me METALBEAST. Its just my LS1tech handle.

I'm naming my son/daughter Metalbeast now when I have one.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by enisguy

I'm naming my son/daughter Metalbeast now when I have one.

I'm gonna hold you to that now enisguy
Old 10-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Not everyone is calling BS on this kill. I sure as hell didn't.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

No where do you indicate that this is NOT you. How are we to know your name is Jared and not Cliff. My parents did not name me METALBEAST. Its just my LS1tech handle.
yeah but if my name was something like gnstud or something like that id understand but jerrad is a little different

Quick Reply: spraying ls1 Vs. grand national