Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Inspired by unit213

Old 11-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspired by unit213

Let me explain. I just raced a calloway camaro yesterday, & Unit said "to bad u weren't in the 69". So today I was about to go the gym, and play some hoops. I thought to myself hmm its a nice day so i'm gonna take my 1969 camaro to the gym.(brand new zz 572 in it plus a 300 shot). So I get in warm it up and i'm off. Well I've been driving around with fats and skinnies on this thing!! And these guys in black zo6, come speeding up on my right side and slow down hard next to me, And tell me "We have NAWSS!". I tell them "i got the budweiser clydedales under my hood". They laugh and say "lets run them'. Anyway I just have to take a rain check on the gym for now and follow them to a back road. I ask them "can I heat the meats" they say " u do what u have to do, we do what we have to to". So I open my dual cutouts and do a little burn out If you never heard a big block through cutouts, like they haven't The Big grins on there face quickly disappeared . Anyway its three honks and go!! I sit there for half second then punched it. I probably scared the **** out them when they saw my tires come about two ft off the ground. Well anyway to make long story short I punched it, I sprayed them, I put many many Bus lenths on them. Now people the moral of the story is, if u see a old school on slicks thats loping like the devil snooring. Slow down, look straight, keep both hands on the steering wheel and procede with extreme caution. Thee end.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

I wish I could've seen that! Good kill!
Old 11-06-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

that's badass, got any pics of that beast?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:37 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

damn, thats a sweet story
Old 11-07-2004, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SShark
Let me explain. I just raced a calloway camaro yesterday, & Unit said "to bad u weren't in the 69". So today I was about to go the gym, and play some hoops. I thought to myself hmm its a nice day so i'm gonna take my 1969 camaro to the gym.(brand new zz 572 in it plus a 300 shot). So I get in warm it up and i'm off. Well I've been driving around with fats and skinnies on this thing!! And these guys in black zo6, come speeding up on my right side and slow down hard next to me, And tell me "We have NAWSS!". I tell them "i got the budweiser clydedales under my hood". They laugh and say "lets run them'. Anyway I just have to take a rain check on the gym for now and follow them to a back road. I ask them "can I heat the meats" they say " u do what u have to do, we do what we have to to". So I open my dual cutouts and do a little burn out If you never heard a big block through cutouts, like they haven't The Big grins on there face quickly disappeared . Anyway its three honks and go!! I sit there for half second then punched it. I probably scared the **** out them when they saw my tires come about two ft off the ground. Well anyway to make long story short I punched it, I sprayed them, I put many many Bus lenths on them. Now people the moral of the story is, if u see a old school on slicks thats loping like the devil snooring. Slow down, look straight, keep both hands on the steering wheel and procede with extreme caution. Thee end.
I usually jus make a right turn, and shift from first to 4th
Old 11-07-2004, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

i usually slow down...and quickly put 2nd to 6th....and act like im on the cell phone...~
Old 11-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Yea, I made the mistake of running some old school muscle...once... I hadn't planned on running this guy, but a Monte Carlo Z24/34(whichever it is) got beisde me and started messing around so I had to show them up. Of course this means I was catching up to traffic including a '68 Camaro. When I passed him I was probably doing 15+ mph faster so I really didnt pay much attention to it. The light turned red in front of us, he revved and I about **** my pants. Within 2 seconds he was a car in front and pulling hella hard, thats when I noticed some nice big slicks and papchutes! He was a cool guy though, he was running a fairly well built 427.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Great story.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:48 AM
12 Second Club

Awsome kill, sounds like that 69' is one hell of a car Post up some pics of it

Dan
Old 11-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Restricted User

So, you pulled the wheels on dry pavement with what tires? Did you spray the car upon launch? Do you have suspension, back half, etc? A 572 is a nasty motor!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
So, you pulled the wheels on dry pavement with what tires? Did you spray the car upon launch? Do you have suspension, back half, etc? A 572 is a nasty motor!
I've seen cars pull the wheels on the street. There's actually a local '03 Cobra that does it on a stock IRS. I have the vid.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Restricted User

I've seen it too but I'm just asking what tires he was using. Nothing more.

He also says, "...I sprayed them". A 572 against a Z06...plus a 300 shot...why?

He doesn't specify how much he sprayed. I was just curious. Just like people are curious to see a pic, I'm curious to know how much he sprayed and what tires he was using.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by unit213
I've seen cars pull the wheels on the street. There's actually a local '03 Cobra that does it on a stock IRS. I have the vid.
hey man i wanna see that video. post it.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Turo
that's badass, got any pics of that beast?
I know I live in the 21st century, but I don't have a digital camera yet. And if I did I have absolutely no idea how to put them on a computer. I'm technologically challenged if thats a word.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Launching!

I've seen it too but I'm just asking what tires he was using. Nothing more.

He also says, "...I sprayed them". A 572 against a Z06...plus a 300 shot...why?

He doesn't specify how much he sprayed. I was just curious. Just like people are curious to see a pic, I'm curious to know how much he sprayed and what tires he was using.
My Mickeys with a little low pressure they hook like crazy. I have full suspension, cage, Bars out back etc etc.. Basically i'm saying I drive a drag race car on the street SOMETIMES. And when i drive it, I drive it like i'm at the track. I did spray the full 300!! And why did I spray him? My philosophy is why not? If they would have hung with me, they would've been going around telling people they hung with a race car or what not. I don't want to give them a chance to do that. I want them to tell people to stay away from the black 69, you'll get punished.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Administrator

I want them to tell people to stay away from the black 69, you'll get punished.
Absolutely. Leave them with a lasting impression.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Restricted User

I want them to tell people to stay away from the black 69, you'll get punished.
Good philosophy. However, I would think it may benefit you nicely, monetarily speaking, if you were to sandbag a few people. The more people you race, the more cash in your pocket!

Either way, sounds like a bad azz car. Keep the kills coming!
Old 11-07-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

that's the best kill story i've read on this board......awsome dude.....
Old 11-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Good philosophy. However, I would think it may benefit you nicely, monetarily speaking, if you were to sandbag a few people. The more people you race, the more cash in your pocket!

Either way, sounds like a bad azz car. Keep the kills coming!
To be honest I don't race for money anymore. Just the pure pleasure of the I just got my *** handed to me look! U know when they don't want to look u in the eyes, forehead sweating, shifting from 1 leg to the other, voice cracking. Now that my friend is priceless!

Search this Thread