Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Strange race

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 01:08 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange race

Going north on I75, I see a little grey car with ground effects and a 300 lb driver merging on the highway. I couldn't tell what it was at first, all those shitty silver 4 door jap crap cars look the same with ground effects.

I keep cruising and see he's coming up to me at a pretty good rate of speed, he's going to over take me. I shift to 4th and inch up a little to bit for him to get side by side at about 65, then when he passes me I go WOT to third, pass the car in front of me, and we're off. I let off at 95 or so and see he's only 4-5 cars behind me. I'm thinking WTF and get back to the center lane. He gets next to me, and I jump ahead in 3rd from about 65 but he doesn't bite.

Then, I look at his car a bit and behind his huge aftermarket bumper I see a big friggin intercooler peaking out. So I drop back to cruising speed he passes me, and I read the back of his car:

Mazda Protoge

After the race, the guy looked PISSED. He wouldn't give a thumbs up or even look over.

Typical ricer.

I thought he had a pretty cool car. Also, it was weird seeing some rather large redneck looking guy with long hair driving this particular car.

Oh well, good times.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was it the Mazda"speed" version

-Todd
Old 11-08-2004, 01:22 PM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

good kill what mods do you have done
Old 11-10-2004, 05:42 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

I have no idea WHAT it was. All I know is it has a big ole intercooler and he stayed way too close.

sfj, I'm only running mid 12's right now so that means its time for more mods. After christmas its on

I have e-check coming next month so I can finally install my ORY, and I have a short list of already purchased mods going in at the same time.