Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

saw a magnum and 98 Cobra race and I raced primered 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saw a magnum and 98 Cobra race and I raced primered 240sx

Well I was going down a long straight road last night looking for races and I see one of those new magnums and a 97-98 Cobra. All three of us are driving past each other looking for a good spot to open up. The cobra and the magnum go at it for a short distance but it looks like the Cobra pulled about a car length. Both cars were full of people. I dont think either of them were really interested in racing me though They mainly tried to get next to each other. The cobra finally turned off and I let out a mean *** rev right and a nice bov right in his passenger window. The 4 people in the cobra were all like 16. I saw the passenger look over and his mouth dropped

Anyway later I was driving and a primered 240sx with a fart can and a loud turbo pulls alongside me. He reved at me and I thought might as well. We went from about 35 (I started in 2nd gear) I gave them the jump, spun all over and pulled about 2-3cars from 35-60. Very short race but I pulled hard immediately. After that they wanted to race again but we were in a notorious spot for cops so I turned off and went home.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Nice quick kill. How much do those QMP turbo kits go for? Any dyno or track numbers?
Old 11-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Launching!

I think QMP is out of business now. At least thats the rumors I have been hearing. I have really old dyno numbers from back when the car was running like absolute *** and before several fixes and mods. (about a year ago) I will have new dyno numbers soon now that the car is just about running right.