10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls1LikeNoOther
What were you 60'?

I will admit They were just 1.7s I was running low 12s
Old 11-25-2004, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get yourself a full exhaust system and a good stall, and you should be pretty close.

Granted I have a six speed, but I have video of me dispatching a 99 Vette with no more than a full exhaust (ASM headers, RT cat and cat-back), Ram Air, and Pcmforless mail tune. Granted, my down low grunt got me out in the lead and the vette was charging hard at the end, out MPH'd me by 1 but I still got the E.T.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Get yourself a full exhaust system and a good stall, and you should be pretty close.

Granted I have a six speed, but I have video of me dispatching a 99 Vette with no more than a full exhaust (ASM headers, RT cat and cat-back), Ram Air, and Pcmforless mail tune. Granted, my down low grunt got me out in the lead and the vette was charging hard at the end, out MPH'd me by 1 but I still got the E.T.

Always talking **** Just bow down and admit who your daddy

But seriously it depends on the vette and the driver in the quarter. In my 93 TA (now owned by Fastbird93) I ran a 13.9 something with exaust and homemade intake. I raced a 98 Vette A4. I DESTROYED him out of the hole and I think I beat him to the 1/8 by car lengths at the end though he caught me and ran a slightly better time then me.

Same track an 01 A4 ran a 13.01 and I'd put money on a good driver would easily get my Z06 into the 12's. So it really depends on what your messing with.

But you'd have a shot with bolt ons, stall, and traction. LT1 is a nice car at the track. The 93 with H/C could take down a bolt on LS1 F-body on the highway and I got a vette once too don't know if he was stock. But it wasn't a butt whipping it was a painfull inch by inch to like 130-135mph. But on the track the LS1 better have more than headers as Fastbird can back up

People especially on this board talk a bunch of **** about the LT1 but bang for buck I still think it is king......
Old 11-25-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Always talking **** Just bow down and admit who your daddy

But seriously it depends on the vette and the driver in the quarter. In my 93 TA (now owned by Fastbird93) I ran a 13.9 something with exaust and homemade intake. I raced a 98 Vette A4. I DESTROYED him out of the hole and I think I beat him to the 1/8 by car lengths at the end though he caught me and ran a slightly better time then me.

Same track an 01 A4 ran a 13.01 and I'd put money on a good driver would easily get my Z06 into the 12's. So it really depends on what your messing with.

But you'd have a shot with bolt ons, stall, and traction. LT1 is a nice car at the track. The 93 with H/C could take down a bolt on LS1 F-body on the highway and I got a vette once too don't know if he was stock. But it wasn't a butt whipping it was a painfull inch by inch to like 130-135mph. But on the track the LS1 better have more than headers as Fastbird can back up

People especially on this board talk a bunch of **** about the LT1 but bang for buck I still think it is king......

Awww, come on bro, you KNOW I ain't talking ****. I backed it up with your old car........ Took out my co-workers 04 ZO6 big time out of the hole and by a tenth to the end of the track. He out trapped my by 5 MPH though.

Speaking of your previous car, I think it's getting close to some gears in the rear end, among other things.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nova5
Lt1 235-240 to rear wheels
ls1 vette.. 300+ to rear wheels.

Cheap doesn't have a chance.
230-280 RWHP for the LT1.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Even with a stock converter with a TNT 100 shot you'd most likely smack that *** as long as you hooked..... 100hp to the wheels would bring you in the 330RWHP area and provide an assload of torque.... The only problem would be traction......

And i don't think your stock 4L60 would like that for any length of time.... Beef up the tranny, get some drag radials, in the long run get a better converter in the 2800ish range and put the jug to it.... Your friend will be getting it handed to him... Until he gets the bottle then your screwed.

Or you could just get all the possible bolt ons and a 4.10 gear and with the above mentioned converter you could probably run high 12's on motor all day.... I ran 12.78@109 with a stock LT1 with bolt ons only.... headers, no cat, catback flowmaster, CAI, roller rockers, 4.10 gear and sticky tires....
Old 11-26-2004, 03:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by onesickLT1
Even with a stock converter with a TNT 100 shot you'd most likely smack that *** as long as you hooked..... 100hp to the wheels would bring you in the 330RWHP area and provide an assload of torque.... The only problem would be traction......

And i don't think your stock 4L60 would like that for any length of time.... Beef up the tranny, get some drag radials, in the long run get a better converter in the 2800ish range and put the jug to it.... Your friend will be getting it handed to him... Until he gets the bottle then your screwed.

Or you could just get all the possible bolt ons and a 4.10 gear and with the above mentioned converter you could probably run high 12's on motor all day.... I ran 12.78@109 with a stock LT1 with bolt ons only.... headers, no cat, catback flowmaster, CAI, roller rockers, 4.10 gear and sticky tires....
This is the route i wanted to go. How much hp would some longtubes w/off road y and flowmaster cat give me?