Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BMW X5 vs Mitsubishi Mirage LS

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You forgot about torque and power under the curve. That 10hp rule is a general rule more relevant to similar motor's-mostly V8's.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

gearing makes up for the lack of torque plus I weigh much less, torque isnt helping the z06's and H/C/I fbodys when they are getting walked on by the turbo civics that are not making **** for torque
Old 12-07-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

Oh yes the torque is still helping, thats why in the video of the Z06 racing that tubo civic, the Z06 gets the big jump each time allowing him to win. And turbo car's are a different story.

I'd love to take a stock 96-98 GT and do like a 0-120mph race against you in that 100hp puddle jumper and see how well you hang.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Oh yes the torque is still helping, thats why in the video of the Z06 racing that tubo civic, the Z06 gets the big jump each time allowing him to win. And turbo car's are a different story.

I'd love to take a stock 96-98 GT and do like a 0-120mph race against you in that 100hp puddle jumper and see how well you hang.
Ok ok it is helping, but it sure in the hell isn’t helping win the races they run down here in TX.

I'd love to take my mustang and do like a 0-whatever race against you in that puddle jumper trans-am and see how well you hang, I guarantee I’ll have more cars on you than a 96-98 would have on my Mirage.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mach1
Ok ok it is helping, but it sure in the hell isn’t helping win the races they run down here in TX.

I'd love to take my mustang and do like a 0-whatever race against you in that puddle jumper trans-am and see how well you hang, I guarantee I’ll have more cars on you than a 96-98 would have on my Mirage.

a puddle jumper refers to small economy car. My car is very far from being a "puddle jumper" If anything, both your car's are puddle jumpers.

Funny you calling my WS6 a puddle jumper, lol. and damn, you're on an Fbody forum calling arguably the nicest of the fbodies a puddle jumper. Sure your car may be faster with your NAWWWSS but who cares, I could easily put my car on a big bottle if thats what I wanted and my car is 10X nicer. Your car looks like an old beater sentra w/bigger tires
Old 12-07-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, here's my "puddle jumper":

Last edited by KB99WS6; 12-07-2004 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

I love F-bodys too, yes you have a nice looking car, much nicer than mine but I didnt think we were talking like riceboys and talking about how much nicer your car looks, we were talking about racing and thats all i'm talking about, and I have laid out the facts thats all but you dont like the facts I suppose.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, no offense, but you need to put down the crack pipe. A mistubishi Mirage is a freagin 1.5L I-4 w/ a whopping 92hp! So we are talking around 75rwhp. Those cars are slower than a drunk snail. If you had 3 people in the car and one was 310lbs you couldn't outrun a freagin moped. Obviously the guy in that 96-98 was not even racing. I'd never expect that kind of a street story from a guy like you who has a really fast car. There are so many ignoramus's out there in these slow *** cars thinking they beat faster car's when the faster car's arent even racing. I get that all the time b/c my car is so loud people think I am actually racing, its funny sometimes. I know I'd never personally race a friggin mirage...thats just silly. I wouldnt even be able to tell if it was trying to race.

As I said before my girlfriend got one as a rental car one time and couldn't believe how slow the thing was. She said when she got back in the 1990 Cougar (LS with the 6cyl, not even the 8cyl model) that the cougar felt so fast in comparison, and believe me that cougar is no runner, lol.

I'm sorry but any year mustang GT will slaughter that thing. That Mirage is definitely in the top 10 of slowest cars nowadays, maybe top 3 even. Its certainly not built for speed, lol.
Dude, I've been in this car.... boy did it surprised me. It's faster than any non-sport V6 I have ever been in. Maybe YOU need to put down the crackpipe, as I have seen this daily driver lay waste to other rice and american V6's.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL this guy is hilarious. He's arguing looks on a racing forum That's classic.... His car is a puddlejumper? The mustang? You, my friend, are full of ****. First off, his motor is setup for a turbo, which he isn't running. I have never been in it while he sprayed. But I tell you what, when he shifts that thing it jumps ******* lanes. And that was before his good tires! I don't just doubt, I KNOW that you would be destroyed by him. He is no bullshitter and definitely knows how to put together a great setup. Save yourself the humiliation and don't post in this thread again...
Old 12-07-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cerebrex
LOL this guy is hilarious. He's arguing looks on a racing forum That's classic.... His car is a puddlejumper? The mustang? You, my friend, are full of ****. First off, his motor is setup for a turbo, which he isn't running. I have never been in it while he sprayed. But I tell you what, when he shifts that thing it jumps ******* lanes. And that was before his good tires! I don't just doubt, I KNOW that you would be destroyed by him. He is no bullshitter and definitely knows how to put together a great setup. Save yourself the humiliation and don't post in this thread again...
Listen dumba$$, read the whole thread before you comment. HE called my WS6 a puddle jumper and my point was that if anything his mustang is a lot closer to a puddle jumper than mine since it's smaller and weighs a lot less. Normally I would never call a mustang a puddle jumper. Got it moron? And where did I question that he would beat me in a race dumbass?? Do you just make this **** up as you go?

As far as looks, it's not just about looks, I was stating that my car in general is all around a lot nicer, which was a reaction to him calling my car a puddle jumper as if his car was so much better or something. I know his car is fast, and I realize this is a racing forum, but this is also an FBODY forum and the fact is there is a lot more to a car than just how it does it a straight line. Now his Mitsubishi Mirage is in fact a puddle jumper regardless of how fast you guys think it is.

So YOU save yourself the humiliation of posting any more *** clown.

Last edited by KB99WS6; 12-07-2004 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

lol at this thread, your car looks sick as **** in that first pic/the only pic now BTW
Old 12-07-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

And for the record this thread was only about his Mirage until he said this:

"I'd love to take my mustang and do like a 0-whatever race against you in that puddle jumper trans-am and see how well you hang, I guarantee I’ll have more cars on you than a 96-98 would have on my Mirage"

Thats the only reason my car even got involved.

LOL at this thread i can agree with that.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

lol im a diehard fbod guy.. but ur car looks a lil heavy and ur numbers a lil low to pick on that mustang if his sig is tru i believe u could bolt on a lil spray and not keep up.. got a buddy with a similar setup and makes twice ur power easily.. lmao funny thread tho
Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

btw u live in ny and he lives in tx? whos going to drive 35 hours to make the race happen ? lmao...
Old 12-07-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mach1
lol at this thread, your car looks sick as **** in that first pic/the only pic now BTW

Thank you. For the record, I have complimented your car in other threads. One was a thread with a video of some races you had.

redrocket, I never challenged his mustang to a race. How many times do I have to say I know its faster? LOL. I'm about 350rwhp right now, so a nice shot of giggle juice should put me in the ballpark though if that's what I really wanted. I want to stay na though, building it up slowly but surely
Old 12-07-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redrocketls1
got a buddy with a similar setup and makes twice ur power easily.. lmao funny thread tho
your buddy makes 700rwhp with the mods in MACH1's signature eh?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

For the record, I have complimented your blah blah blah
For the record, you're gay.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Are you serious?? LOL Oh no...not the 3rd grade "you're gay" putdown...anything but that!

Anyhow, the point was to say to mach1, thanks for the compliment on my car, I didn't mean to put down your car...I do like it, and certainly respect it's performance.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

hey tyler how much power should that turbo kit give u for your car talking about the mustang
Old 12-07-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you serious?? LOL Oh no...not the 3rd grade "you're gay" putdown...anything but that!

Anyhow, the point was to say to mach1, thanks for the compliment on my car, I didn't mean to put down your car...I do like it, and certainly respect it's performance.
What? I'm sorry, but all I heard was "I'm gay." Say again...