Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Taught a lesson to 2 guys in a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill. I actually have a couple buddies with 350Z's who really understand cars so they are cool to deal with and know that their cars are fast but arent the fasting things on the road and they appreciate my LS1. Ive gone with them to a couple of their meetings and got to see a few really done up 350Z's including one pushing 400+ HP through a procharger. However i know what you mean about the cocky ones. They have no idea about cars and have never driven anything really fast so when they get a 350Z they think its a friggen turboed porsche and that they can kill everything. Good job whooping on those guys though and BTW how did your car end up in a ditch?
Old 12-08-2004, 10:09 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet kill on the rice
Old 12-09-2004, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Nice kill. I actually have a couple buddies with 350Z's who really understand cars so they are cool to deal with and know that their cars are fast but arent the fasting things on the road and they appreciate my LS1. Ive gone with them to a couple of their meetings and got to see a few really done up 350Z's including one pushing 400+ HP through a procharger. However i know what you mean about the cocky ones. They have no idea about cars and have never driven anything really fast so when they get a 350Z they think its a friggen turboed porsche and that they can kill everything. Good job whooping on those guys though and BTW how did your car end up in a ditch?
Old 12-09-2004, 10:41 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

nice kill hoss, good to see your comeback from your ditch incident!
Old 12-09-2004, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
hit some gravel, fishtailed a few times, thought i had it back under control...felt the rear kinda sit and felt like traction, hit the gas, car shot about 90 deg sideways, b4 i knew it, i was over a ditch and into a bank...its all good though, worked on it for about 2 hrs, got most the scratches out, just a lil cracked paint that will be fixed after new years
Old 12-09-2004, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

nice run ben, miss your car, it's so purdy. try not to hurt it anymore
Old 12-09-2004, 09:28 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

A single pipe to dual outlets?

Ricer **** like that is

And I bark 3rd too at 70, especially when its cold out, I blow away 1st and 2nd gear. And I don't even have 380 RWHP.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

My friend has a 79 Camaro with a warmed over roller 350 with a TH400 and 3.42's. The motor had TBI heads with some work done on them but with stock valves, a cam about the size of a stock LT1, and 10.1:1 compression from a zero decked block, nothing special at all. He ran a 6spd 350Z from a dig and beat it by about 1.5 carlengths to 115 and that was losing 1/2 a carlength from spinning. The 350Z's aren't bad cars, just not what they're hyped up to be IMO.

Jason
Old 12-14-2004, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSS
hit some gravel, fishtailed a few times, thought i had it back under control...felt the rear kinda sit and felt like traction, hit the gas, car shot about 90 deg sideways, b4 i knew it, i was over a ditch and into a bank...its all good though, worked on it for about 2 hrs, got most the scratches out, just a lil cracked paint that will be fixed after new years
I feel your pain!
My G/F had my car the other day and it started to drizzle........She lost it getting onto the highway and put it DEEP into the ditch.

1 busted lf fender and scuffed front and rear bumpers.

It is almost done getting painted right now.

I had the entire thing repainted and the SS stripes put on the hood with some ghost graphics in the stripes with pearl blue.

Best part is that she paid for all the damage she caused! That's the best i could ask for. Now the car looks much better than when it was brand new.

Dave
Old 12-15-2004, 02:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z98
I don't have that problem, my car looks like a 6 cyc.

I have the z28's and the trim removed, and a straight-thru magnaflow muffler going to a single chrome tip.

I get all kinds of fun kills this way!
thats bad *** dude-I did the same thing with emblems but the exhaust is totally trick.The pipes are dual 3" but tucked up on the frame rails and slash cut like the 3rd gens. With the car dropped 1.5" you can't even see the exhaust but it talks at WOT. It's 3" all thee way from the y-pipe. It runs thru MAC mid-length headers ORY then flanged to a 3"cut-out and flanged again before goin to the two chamber Flow. Its nice to have something different than the usuall fan fair. Next time its on the lift I have to get some pics and post them. It is so cool to see the look on there faces after they realize its not a V6. Nothing personal against the V6 crowd.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by redsscamaroboy
I feel your pain!
My G/F had my car the other day and it started to drizzle........She lost it getting onto the highway and put it DEEP into the ditch.

1 busted lf fender and scuffed front and rear bumpers.

It is almost done getting painted right now.

I had the entire thing repainted and the SS stripes put on the hood with some ghost graphics in the stripes with pearl blue.

Best part is that she paid for all the damage she caused! That's the best i could ask for. Now the car looks much better than when it was brand new.

Dave
sorry to hear about your ride bro, I let my x-friend drive my x-98 Z28 t56 car, well we were out cruising and he kept nagging to let him (pimp my ride)-LOL no pun intened. Not to slam Fords but he was used to driving a GT, anyways we pulled out of the Shell station headed E. on FM 517 and he lost it in 3rd, got way past the point of no return, tagged the curb and put it on the roof or glass (t-tops). It was FUBARed, he was out cold and the loud pedal was wide open, I remember yellin for him to kill the motor and realized the bastard was out. I reached over and pulled the key, he must have had a bad head injury because there was vomit all over him and everything else. The thing that warranted the severe bodily injury I inflicted on him after his recovery was the ******* claimed that I was driving and that I unbuckled his belt and switched seats with him oh and buckled him back in, all this while the Z was on it's roof . The cops showed up as I was pulling myself from the wreckage and as I stood up and tried to collect myself I hear this sick sound and turn to see two of the ROH wheels still spinning way off axis, they were toast from the curb. All this in about 90 seconds after the rollover in which I had time to move a lifeless 200# man into the drivers seat. Hell if you saw me, what there is of me you would be like no way in hell did you switch the bodies. I can't even open twist caps on a bottle of brew, pretty bad when the male has to ask the female to open his brew . The moral is don't let anyone else drive your car. I don't anyways and I won't ride unless I drive. 2000 Z28 A4 (turd)
Old 12-17-2004, 06:59 PM
TTT
Teching In

Default Back to the point of this thread....

350Z w/ paper tags = Stock
Your car vs. Stock 350Z = Why bother?

I did the same thing to two 350Z owners when I was in Omaha.... w/ my Supra! That was funny. I guess they thought I was just some kid w/ a TT Supra and a big fart pipe, FMIC, and gauges (only three visible giveaways that they shouldn't have messed w/ me). Same result. I can't understand why they can't at least do some research and find out that their cars wouldn't even match mine stock for stock, let alone mine being modded.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Brandon, I think we met the other night. Up at UNCC area I was dropping off a car, George's SS to be exact, I think that was your car in the garage. Am i correct. If so, even slightly wrecked, still a bad *** whip. I love rolling off on 350Z's, especially the ones with blowers, they REALLY fancy themselves unstoppable. Such smug drivers in those cars for the most part. Very few take them for what they are, a nice, reliable good handling/braking car that happens to be reasonably quick. 14 flat @ 101 mph stopped being fast about 1997 or so. Even with FI, they rarely see 12's.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PHANTA-Z
Brandon, I think we met the other night. Up at UNCC area I was dropping off a car, George's SS to be exact, I think that was your car in the garage. Am i correct. If so, even slightly wrecked, still a bad *** whip. I love rolling off on 350Z's, especially the ones with blowers, they REALLY fancy themselves unstoppable. Such smug drivers in those cars for the most part. Very few take them for what they are, a nice, reliable good handling/braking car that happens to be reasonably quick. 14 flat @ 101 mph stopped being fast about 1997 or so. Even with FI, they rarely see 12's.
lol...its Ben man, but thanks, yea i rem. meeting you that night, like to see your ride sometime man
Old 12-18-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

I only had one 350Z line up against my Firehawk. It didn't go well for him.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Great kill. Should have returned the peace sign while passing them!
or the single finger salute
Old 02-15-2005, 08:57 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z98
I love picking on those guys.

They think their cars are hot ****. I've whumped on 3-4 of them in the last month or two.

They don't have a prayer.

I've noticed the same thing here in Austin. Those morons think their cars are fast.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The35thZ
or the single finger salute
Nah, that's Ricer **** man. I had a G35 pull next to me when I was coming back from the strip with 18#'s still in the DR's, it wasn't pretty. He gassed a couple of times and I dumped it in 2nd to light them up so the fool would understand, he didn't and got his *** kicked by 8 cars in two gears. His G/F was laughing her *** off when he did the flyby while I had my blinker on to go get air.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Hoss, its wasn't yellow one was it? if so i smacked him pretty hard on 485 about a month ago. -Jim
Old 02-15-2005, 10:17 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by z98
I love picking on those guys.

They think their cars are hot ****. I've whumped on 3-4 of them in the last month or two.

They don't have a prayer.

Haha I know ... Everytime I see one of them I know there is some doofy kid in there who thinks their car is a spaceship. Pretty much the only type of car who will race me. Shame the races against them are never any good.