Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Taught a lesson to 2 guys in a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 11:03 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill, they should no better, thoses things aren't crap, even with the greddy twin turbo setup they run 12.8's.
They needs twin turbos to run high 12's, and they AREN'T crap?

LOL
Old 02-16-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z98
They needs twin turbos to run high 12's, and they AREN'T crap?

LOL

I think that was meant as in "they ain't ****!" Good looking cars, sound good too, for a six banger, just not my style.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by z98
A single pipe to dual outlets?

Ricer **** like that is
don't we have single pipe to dual outlets? I actually get respect around here with the ricers, and i haven't run any of them. Now if they would just get over drifting as being so awesome to do around every turn.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Teching In

I had to resurrect this thread after reading these ridiculous posts. To hear the “kill” stories of how much faster you cars are is absurd.

If you compare apples to apples here and look at hard numbers for stock vehicles you won’t be laughing so hard. The 98 Camaro with the 5.7 liter LS1 ran 5.3-60mph, and 13.6 in the quarter mile. The stock Z with a 3.5 liters motor runs 5.3 0-60 and 13.9 in the quarter. The true humor is that you have 2 more cylinders and 2.2 more liters, and still run a marginally quicker ¼ mile, and nil on the 0-60.

The Z will absolutely put to shame the Camaro on a road course. No competition there. Solid rear axles? The suspension on Camaro’s is archaic.

So you raced some young kid with an automatic 350Z and you won. Big F*ckin deal. You should pay some respect to the Z it deserves it. for the same price the Z is a much better all around package than the LS1 Camaro/Trans Am.

Greddy Twin Turbo Z’s running high 12’s? I have news for you. Single Turbo Z’s are in the low 11’s. As soon as tuners figured out the tuning maps it was all over. There are FI Z’s on stock blocks running 500 rwhp.

The Z is rice? Because it comes from Japan? The Z is not rice any more than every Camaro driver has a mullet.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I had to resurrect this thread after reading these ridiculous posts. To hear the “kill” stories of how much faster you cars are is absurd.

If you compare apples to apples here and look at hard numbers for stock vehicles you won’t be laughing so hard. The 98 Camaro with the 5.7 liter LS1 ran 5.3-60mph, and 13.6 in the quarter mile. The stock Z with a 3.5 liters motor runs 5.3 0-60 and 13.9 in the quarter. The true humor is that you have 2 more cylinders and 2.2 more liters, and still run a marginally quicker ¼ mile, and nil on the 0-60.

The Z will absolutely put to shame the Camaro on a road course. No competition there. Solid rear axles? The suspension on Camaro’s is archaic.

So you raced some young kid with an automatic 350Z and you won. Big F*ckin deal. You should pay some respect to the Z it deserves it. for the same price the Z is a much better all around package than the LS1 Camaro/Trans Am.

Greddy Twin Turbo Z’s running high 12’s? I have news for you. Single Turbo Z’s are in the low 11’s. As soon as tuners figured out the tuning maps it was all over. There are FI Z’s on stock blocks running 500 rwhp.

The Z is rice? Because it comes from Japan? The Z is not rice any more than every Camaro driver has a mullet.

Respect
JET

Eff off.... Start trolling another forum.

Just so you know one of the fastest cars around the 'Ring is running off of Archaic technology. It still uses leaf springs, pushrods, relatively cheap.

you take a magazine number for a 98 Camaro to base your argument off of... [laughs]. And then you resort to the ricer comments of displacement and number of cylinders........ go back into your hole
Old 11-06-2005, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

Who let the troll in? Get a life and go post on your forum about the crap we are saying over at ls1tech.com oh and bye the way i just got back from cruisin around in the city and i stomped on a 350z spinning through 1st I put at least 2 city blocks on his *** he pulled over and we talked was a real nice guy and he knows where he stands in the food chain. he had exhaust and intake sounded nice. And if you want to magazine race i know hot rod ran a 2000 ss to a high twelve and it was an automatic. oh and those 0-60 times and 13.9 are with a really good driver they are low to mid 14s at most and that puts u in rx8 territory which suck too. So thats a whole second difference w/good driver mod. do some research on this site which i am sure you are and u will see that a good set of heads and a cam will make much more power as an FI 350z with a "stock motor" and itll run 10s low 10s. and as far as handling our cars dont do so bad with a good setup itll pull over a g.
I guess you havent run into an ls1 yet?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Talk about blast from the past forum trolling. I've only seen 3or 4 350z so far. Not too common around here. I wouldn't mind running one.
Matt
Old 11-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Bow down the the mighty LS1. I have an 87 Buick GN with 800 miles on it. I got talked into bringing it down the Englishtown and running it. Stock in 101 degree heat on sh@t Goodyear 215 tires ran a 13.49. In the scales with me in it it weight 3892 lbs.

You guys think you have something special here???? My second GN, the one I drive, spanks LS1'S without breaking a sweat. I invested $10 in a fishtank air valve and some silcone tubing, and adjsuted boost to 23lbs. Seeeeee ya.

If you guys had a million bucks you couldn't buy a good argument.

People with no leg to stand on ALWAYs resort to character assasination.

If you weren't such losers boasting, and throwing around your cocky *** attitudes I could tell you alot about Z's, and you would likely be impressed. But your not beong realistic here. Just closed minded, pompous arrogance. You don't know how stupid you sound. Z's are contenders in straight line accelration. Throw in someturns and your finished. As stated above, throw some money into the suspension and you could be a contender in a road course. Well if we throw some money into the Z we will smoke a LS1 Camaro/Trans Am. A Z @ $30,000 plus a Turbonetics single turbo kit on street tires will run mid 12's. Get some tuning, and it will run over 500 rwhp before the lower end lets go.

So for $40,000 with a new clutch it will outrun a 06 Z06 in a straight line.

It's certainly a contender or we wouldn't even be talkign about it here.

Yes the Z06 around the 'Ring (if this is what you are reffering to) is a fast lapper. Yes it has pushrods and leaf springs. Last time I checked it doesn't have a solid rear axle, and stamped steel suspension components.

We have enough youth.... how about a fountain of smart.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

oh gee now hes resorting to the if i throw money at it argument sure anything u throw money at will be faster now go troll on your board and tell em how u earned back respect for the 350z online instead of where it counts on the street or track. U think people post that the car is crap because they are jealous, get real they are posting what happens on the road how often they encounter these dousche bags that think they have a fast car and get their asses handed to them. So go beat all the ls1s you want with your GN i respect that car. kinda dumb of you to post that u have a real car when u are trying to defend a turd. how many ls1s have fallen at the might of your 350z im sure you have better luck with the GN. And i wouldnt waste 40000 dollars to run low 12s. I got my Camaro for 15000 and thats 25000 left over for mods where should i begin? please school me in the art of rice oh wise master of BS
Old 11-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Teching In

First learn to read........ I'm not using the throw the money at it argument. RTHFT....

Both stock cars.... youshould be embarrassed for a car with a V8. 40,000 for a mid twelve second cart? Again.... RTHFT. 40,000 will get you a low 11 second Z.

Who cares how much you got a used LS1 for. That's not the point. It's still a $30,000 plus car. I have a Z as well that runs mid twelves consistantly on street tires. I invested $5,000 in that car.

Your narrow minded noobs should realize that your cars aren't anything special. Really they are quite uninspiring in stock form which is what the argument is really about.

I enjoy cars... al lsorts of cars. Big cars, small car, fast cars, slow cars, German cars, Italian cars, ugly cars, beautiful cars, and YES even YOUR CARS. But the mentality you guys have.... really pathetic and childish. The Z is a pretty increadible car that puts a smile on my face. When it comes to cars I'm hard to please. If I had to choose a car to go fast in astraight line in.... there's no contention it would be a Grand National. For a car in a twisty road.... for anything less than $50,000 hands down a Z car.

Can the Z car hold it's own in a straight line? Yeah of course it can. Stock for Stock it's a drivers race here.

Don't be so narrow minded. Your lives will be better for it.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Teching In

SHrug I really dont see why anybody is comparing these two cars. Too many people from both domestic side and imports have so little respect for other cars it's not even money.

RIght now I'm shuffling around with getting a new car and I'm bouncing back and forth between a 350z, Camaro SS, or a 99-01 Vette.

I'm waiting for a test drive but I'm kind of leaning towards a slightly used 03 Z. I'm only looking for a fair amount of power with some decent handling. Kind of have to throw the Camaro out the window there on handling which leaves me between a vette and the Z. I'm leaning towards the Z though for navi and heated seats.

Either way though I still have respect for the Camaro in the fact that it can be a very good drag car with that solid rear end it's perfect for drag racing.

The corvette is a beautiful car with speed and handling I'm just not sure I want to spend a few k more for a 3-4 year older car and not get some comfort features like navi and heated seats.

Either way I'm going to wait for the test drive but at this point I'd say it's pretty much down to the vette or Z... I just couldn't handle not having a good handling care like the camaro. That's why I'm not even considering an 03-04 Cobra.

Cars are designed for different uses and the Z was designed to be a nice all around car while the Camaro was desinged for fast cheap car (loss of handling comes with cheap). Why compare the two? They both have their benefits.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:58 AM
Teching In

I'd go for the used Vette. No warranty on a 3 year old car, but you only live once. Even the last model was a formidable performer. Still performed better than the new Z. The interior is plastic junk. No better than the $13,000 Cavalier. But everything in life is a tradeoff. The Z is a really satisfying car to drive. You have to drive both and decide what trade offs you're willing to make.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 03:05 AM
On The Tree

Why are you even on here. I dont go to a 350Z site and talk **** about how my Z28 will smoke your car. Im sure on your site you have some kill stories about how a 350Z waxed a LS1 car blah blah. Bottom line stock for stock a LS1 powered Fbody will leave a 350Z owner reading the rear license plate (if there is enough time before its out of sight).

You also sound like a jackass ricer. You tell us a 350Z will put the hurt on us in the curves. I bet it would now if you could find a strech of road that was one huge curve you might have a chance. How many times do you race someone on the street around curves. Now I cant wait unitll the 4x4 guys come on here and start talking **** about how thier trucks would rape my car in the mud or a hill climb. Yes our cars do handle well. As well as a 350Z no I have driven quite a few of them they do feel real stable in a turn. But guess what as soon as that curve straitens just a little you are done.

Are you really that pissed that you bought a slow car that you feel the need to come here and post about it. What did you think that you would bring us to a point that we think you know what this guy has a point thoes 350Z are gee golly nice cars and should be feared on the street. I think its time to take a step back into reality buddy. I would have expected more from a GN owner. Does your GN suck because your 350Z would be a close race stock for stock. Maybe your Z will be fast once you take the jet engines off you air plane and duct tape them to the huge ricer wing on the back.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1blackz28
Why are you even on here. I dont go to a 350Z site and talk **** about how my Z28 will smoke your car. Im sure on your site you have some kill stories about how a 350Z waxed a LS1 car blah blah. Bottom line stock for stock a LS1 powered Fbody will leave a 350Z owner reading the rear license plate (if there is enough time before its out of sight).

You also sound like a jackass ricer. You tell us a 350Z will put the hurt on us in the curves. I bet it would now if you could find a strech of road that was one huge curve you might have a chance. How many times do you race someone on the street around curves. Now I cant wait unitll the 4x4 guys come on here and start talking **** about how thier trucks would rape my car in the mud or a hill climb. Yes our cars do handle well. As well as a 350Z no I have driven quite a few of them they do feel real stable in a turn. But guess what as soon as that curve straitens just a little you are done.

Are you really that pissed that you bought a slow car that you feel the need to come here and post about it. What did you think that you would bring us to a point that we think you know what this guy has a point thoes 350Z are gee golly nice cars and should be feared on the street. I think its time to take a step back into reality buddy. I would have expected more from a GN owner. Does your GN suck because your 350Z would be a close race stock for stock. Maybe your Z will be fast once you take the jet engines off you air plane and duct tape them to the huge ricer wing on the back.
this is just as bad as some of jets post. The Z does very well what it was designed to do. So does the camaor firebird.

Honesly by your argument the S2000 is a piece of junk and I know more then a few C5 owners who have switched to an s2000. The go cart feeling you get in a car like that can be quite enjoyable. Theres more to cars then raw 1/4 mile speed.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:37 AM
On The Tree

Mike no more talking for you. Think about the way you sound if you want heated seats and navi get a lexus or something. Damn I was going to buy fast car but I want some gay **** instead.

Sorry for your vette owner friends. Lack of power would not justify handling.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:00 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about this, i saw a brand new Z run 9.5's at 73 mph in the 1/8th CONSISTANTLY (It was Auto, btw) I find that PATHETIC!!! Considering most Auto LS1's hit 9.0 at least with MUCH better mph. The Z is a slow car. face it.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:04 AM
Banned

He is just butthurt bc he spent 35K on a maxima powered slug.(but it handles VERY WELL!!)
Old 11-06-2005, 04:05 AM
On The Tree

Yep slooooow.
BTW how does the 224 cam sound in the 302 pretty choppy.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:50 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Respect
JET
I have to come out of retirement to answer this one (I got auto copied on my email) by this old thread.
Greddy Twin Turbo Z’s running high 12’s? I have news for you. Single Turbo Z’s are in the low 11’s.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the saddest thing I've read in years.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

First learn to read........ I'm not using the throw the money at it argument. RTHFT....
Are you on crack? Thats exactly what you've done several times, including in your last post Einstein.

Both stock cars.... youshould be embarrassed for a car with a V8.
Your narrow minded noobs should realize that your cars aren't anything special. Really they are quite uninspiring in stock form which is what the argument is really about.
Are you serious with this crap? LS1 Fbodies are and will always be historically one of the best bang for the buck performance cars that ever existed for their time period. And let me get this straight...he should be embarrased that he has one of the best V8's ever in his car? What are you smoking dude?

40,000 for a mid twelve second cart? Again.... RTHFT. 40,000 will get you a low 11 second Z.
Again, just what the hell are you talking about?? Do you have any idea how fast you can make an Fbody with $40k into it? You're saying only mid 12's?? LOL!! Hell, it only takes a few bolt-on's and Fbod's are mid 12's. And regarding the $40k will get you a low 11 sec Z, I thought you weren't making the throw the money at it argument. but since you brought it up, I can think of a LOT better and faster cars to have for $40k than a 350Z.

Who cares how much you got a used LS1 for. That's not the point. It's still a $30,000 plus car.
Z28's were mid to high 20's, not $30k+

I have a Z as well that runs mid twelves consistantly on street tires. I invested $5,000 in that car.
Whoopty freagin doo. There are Fbod's with $5k in their car that run 10's.

The Z is a pretty increadible car that puts a smile on my face.
Incredible car?? I think you are getting a little carried away here. The Z is a neat little car that's really not that quick for today's standards. And don't forget you want to compare the new Z to a 1998 camaro. Right now there is Horsepower wars going on and for a new car the Z is nothing at all impressive IMO. Its actually quite slow nowadays for a "sports car." As far as handling, its ok. Again, certainly not "incredible"
[this is where you resort to the, yeah but if you throw $10k at it argument]

Can the Z car hold it's own in a straight line? Yeah of course it can..
Sure against Rx8's and Eclipses. Wow.So impressive.

Stock for Stock it's a drivers race here.
Please tell me you are not referring to a stock 350Z vs a stock LS1 Fbody, b/c this would just be the icing on the cake and I'd have to give you my vote for assclown of the year. yeah sure its a drivers race, just as much as an fbod is a dirvers race with a new Z06