Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Taught a lesson to 2 guys in a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jetpilot, whats the list of mods on your car? track times? power?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Charlotte, University area, if the car is done, thursday night, then I will be happy to run you. PM me if you would like my number, I never disrespected you until I was treated with disrespect myself.

EDIT: After speaking with Mike, doubtful the cam will be in Thursday evening, I have never done a cam swap before, and he is going to the track that night, I don't know where you are from, but if you are not coming back to Charlotte anytime soon, we can meet somewhere half way as long as its not like 3 hours away or something crazy like that
Old 11-06-2005, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I didn't attack your cousin.

There is just no point anymore in trying to battle ingnorance . I'll be in Charlotte Wednesday and Thursday getting my car tuned @ CPRace. I'd be happy to meet you and help you earn respect for the Z if you would like. I don't know what mods you have, but if your not bottle fed, and running on street tires I'd be willing to put money your going home a few hundred dollars lighter. PM me if you'd like to take me up on my offer. And if you'd like to get spanked by a 10 second Z I can arrange that as well.

Respect
JET
we've got lots of non-bottle fed ls1s (even lt1s for that matter) up here in wny if u wana bring your badass z up here to race. hell, we'd pay ur gas plus winnings if you beat us. ...until u post videos or slips of anything resembling what you think ur talking about, you look like an asshat. i personally think the 350z is a real nice lookin car if done right, but stock for stock, stock for mod (in many cases), or mod for mod, the ls1 is a straight up FASTER and more CAPABLE platform.

there is a local twin turbo built engine 350z (a very sharp looking car) that BARELY beat a BONE STOCK 01 zo6 with heavy *** 19 inch rims on hard tires. thats a pretty extensive built 350z, with suspension/engine/TT setup/tuned vs stock z06. had the zo6 had even a mild cam, it would have won.

know what you're talking about before you speak
Old 11-06-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

itll be done by the weekend
Old 11-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
he is in charlotte now not lexington. and trust me, he isnt scared of anything. and he is respectful if he wins or loses. if you are going to come on our forums you need to have more respect, something you apparently need to learn how to do.
I came here with respect. You need to go back and read my first post. It's funny how when the veil of the internet gets pulled away people's true colors show, and all of a sudden it's a kinder gentler message board.

I have a Turbonetics intercooled turbo setup 70:1. ATS carbon clutch and lightweight flywheel. Lots of suspension mods, but I don't think that's what your interestred in.

There is always someone faster out there. I can hold my own with what I have. This is the never ending battle between imports, and american muscle.
You should eat your own sandwhich and show others some respect.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
there is a local twin turbo built engine 350z (a very sharp looking car) that BARELY beat a BONE STOCK 01 zo6 with heavy *** 19 inch rims on hard tires. thats a pretty extensive built 350z, with suspension/engine/TT setup/tuned vs stock z06. had the zo6 had even a mild cam, it would have won.

know what you're talking about before you speak
In all honesty.... a turbo kit on a Z is worthless without good tuning MAP's. I don't know who did his ECU MAP's. That could likely be the situation. It's the difference between a 13 second twin turbo Z, and an 11 second twin turbo Z.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha, gentler message board, nothing was hostile till you came in being arrogant and calling names. We here at LS1tech for the most part are nice guys, who love cars. You come on here insulting us, you best believe we will put you in your place. Period.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

edit

sorry i didnt see that post the first time i looked
Old 11-06-2005, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

mike, check above
Old 11-06-2005, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

In all honesty.... a turbo kit on a Z is worthless without good tuning MAP's. I don't know who did his ECU MAP's. That could likely be the situation. It's the difference between a 13 second twin turbo Z, and an 11 second twin turbo Z.

Respect
JET
any car is worthless without a tune, a stock car is worthless without a good tune. im sure if he put the money into the motor like that he didnt cheap out on a great tune...
Old 11-06-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I came here with respect. You need to go back and read my first post. It's funny how when the veil of the internet gets pulled away people's true colors show, and all of a sudden it's a kinder gentler message board.

I have a Turbonetics intercooled turbo setup 70:1. ATS carbon clutch and lightweight flywheel. Lots of suspension mods, but I don't think that's what your interestred in.

There is always someone faster out there. I can hold my own with what I have. This is the never ending battle between imports, and american muscle.
You should eat your own sandwhich and show others some respect.

Respect
JET
ha, how have i been disrespectful? your the one calling someone out and calling them a bitch. and just because someone may have said something to frustrate you doesnt give you reasons to be disrespectful. and when you come out saying all we will see is tail lights on your car, on a board of all LS1's, people dont tend to be nice. same reason most of us keep things like that to ourselves on the mustang sites lol
Old 11-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Teching In

I had to resurrect this thread after reading these ridiculous posts. To hear the “kill” stories of how much faster you cars are is absurd.

If you compare apples to apples here and look at hard numbers for stock vehicles you won’t be laughing so hard. The 98 Camaro with the 5.7 liter LS1 ran 5.3-60mph, and 13.6 in the quarter mile. The stock Z with a 3.5 liters motor runs 5.3 0-60 and 13.9 in the quarter. The true humor is that you have 2 more cylinders and 2.2 more liters, and still run a marginally quicker ¼ mile, and nil on the 0-60.

The Z will absolutely put to shame the Camaro on a road course. No competition there. Solid rear axles? The suspension on Camaro’s is archaic.

So you raced some young kid with an automatic 350Z and you won. Big F*ckin deal. You should pay some respect to the Z it deserves it. for the same price the Z is a much better all around package than the LS1 Camaro/Trans Am.

Greddy Twin Turbo Z’s running high 12’s? I have news for you. Single Turbo Z’s are in the low 11’s. As soon as tuners figured out the tuning maps it was all over. There are FI Z’s on stock blocks running 500 rwhp.

The Z is rice? Because it comes from Japan? The Z is not rice any more than every Camaro driver has a mullet.

Respect
JET
Where's the disrespect here????? This is my first post.

First response to my first post is a "**** OFF".

Disrespectful losers. You guys must have great home lives, and meaningful interpersonal relationships. How many of you guys are wearing wife beaters right now.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
any car is worthless without a tune, a stock car is worthless without a good tune. im sure if he put the money into the motor like that he didnt cheap out on a great tune...
Thing is... that's not true. Not a lot of great tuners around for the Z. Hence my 9 hour trip to NC.

HOSS.... e-mail sent.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had to resurrect this thread after reading these ridiculous posts. To hear the “kill” stories of how much faster you cars are is absurd.

If you compare apples to apples here and look at hard numbers for stock vehicles you won’t be laughing so hard. The 98 Camaro with the 5.7 liter LS1 ran 5.3-60mph, and 13.6 in the quarter mile. The stock Z with a 3.5 liters motor runs 5.3 0-60 and 13.9 in the quarter. The true humor is that you have 2 more cylinders and 2.2 more liters, and still run a marginally quicker ¼ mile, and nil on the 0-60.

The Z will absolutely put to shame the Camaro on a road course. No competition there. Solid rear axles? The suspension on Camaro’s is archaic.

So you raced some young kid with an automatic 350Z and you won. Big F*ckin deal. You should pay some respect to the Z it deserves it. for the same price the Z is a much better all around package than the LS1 Camaro/Trans Am.

Greddy Twin Turbo Z’s running high 12’s? I have news for you. Single Turbo Z’s are in the low 11’s. As soon as tuners figured out the tuning maps it was all over. There are FI Z’s on stock blocks running 500 rwhp.

The Z is rice? Because it comes from Japan? The Z is not rice any more than every Camaro driver has a mullet.

Respect
JET

there is your first post, with some of those comments as well as inaccurate 1/4 mile times on the ls1, that doesnt seem too respectful, and you definately were looking to stir things up with a post like that lol
Old 11-06-2005, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

WTF lets just get CHUCK NORRIS to round-house kick Jetpilot in the ******* face already.

God knows it won't make him any dumber.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Disrespectful losers. You guys must have great home lives, and meaningful interpersonal relationships. How many of you guys are wearing wife beaters right now.

Respect
JET
and im not saying there arent some ****** on this board as well, so dont get me wrong there. its all fun anyway, hell for all i care everyone can talk ****, makes for better reading lol. where you from?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Respect
JET
dont own a wife beater..sorry. your first post was arrogant, second one was disrespectful...what email addy did u send to?

Edit: got it
Old 11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

I'm wearing a wife beater underneath my T-shirt? Does that count?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Launching!

If you've got a turbo on your car JetPilot, why dont you allow HOSS to put some bottle on his car? Both cars came NA from the factory, if one of them has a power adder shouldnt the other? Not fair if you ask me. Still, i dont think HOSS would need a bottle though. Tons of daily driven, garage installed, cam only LS1 are easily into the 11's. JET, seems like you have nice little setup for that Z , good to hear that, because i see too many stock 350Z's.

Not to say there has'nt been any but, I always go to my local track on saturdays and wednesdays and see tons of nice new street cars. Not once have I seen one of those Z's or G35's break 14's. Though it could be the crappy humidity we get here in Florida.

Give and you shall recieve.....respect and acknowledgement, that is JET.

Jet, you must also understand that your motor is a new technology DOHC V6 comparing to our old styling 2 valve pushrod motor.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

ill give you the importance of the tune statement...i traveled 6 hrs each way to cartek for my tune, and it was well worth it. however, this car i speak of was properly tuned with all the correct map tables and afr etc etc etc. its definitely an improvement from what he started with, probaly a mid 12 second car if the powers to the ground, but the fact of the matter is, its probaly one of the faster in the 350z world (i dont really know how fast these have actually gotten, just a general statement, dont take it to heart), and mid-low 12 seconds in the ls1 world is a dime a dozen. a dieted stock ls1 fbody with slicks can run low 12s seconds.

now i dont know that much about z's, just what ive seen. ive seen and raced stock z's and seen this TT Z which my buddy raced, and im basing my info off of that. for that, im ignorant, but im into many different types of cars, but dont hear too much (at all) about contending 350z's

gl w. ur setup...but take a deep breath and take it down a notch