Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

title to title race yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

back to the races, i missed it, did they race or not, and im not sure of the mods on the WS6, buy from what was said, the WS6 will win, and now on to the M3 flame war, im just gonna say some things because i dont have the want to hunt it down and quote it, someone said that because i cant afford a $60K BMW i buy a domestic, incorrect, i cant afford a $60K ****-moblie because i dont like them, i have never liked any foreign car, EVER. and even if my mommy and daddy were going to spend $60 grand on a car for me, i would tell them one of two things, make it a down payment on a 2002 Camaro ZL1, or tell them no, i have pride in buying my own things, but you ******* snobbs had to have daddy buy you a $60K civic with bmw badges on it

and on a final note, someone said something about M3's not being meant for drag racing, i agree for two reasons, one: look at (if you can look at one long enough and not throw up) its a luxuary car, and two: look at top fuel and funny cars, what do they have massive displacement V8's, not little displacement inline 6's or turbos

Last edited by LiquidFire350; 01-09-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
someone said that because i cant afford a $60K BMW i buy a domestic, incorrect, i cant afford a $60K ****-moblie because i dont like them, i have never liked any foreign car, EVER.
That's cool. You have your own opinion so there's nothing wrong with disliking a certain car. If you don't like it, then you don't like it. No one can tell you otherwise.

and even if my mommy and daddy were going to spend $60 grand on a car for me, i would tell them one of two things, make it a down payment on a 2002 Camaro ZL1, or tell them no, i have pride in buying my own things, but you ******* snobbs had to have daddy buy you a $60K civic with bmw badges on it
It's not smart to assume all M3 owners getting help from their parents to purchase the car. Unlike some of you, we make enough money to afford a $60k car. So that comment isn't really necessary. .

and on a final note, someone said something about M3's not being meant for drag racing, i agree for two reasons, one: look at (if you can look at one long enough and not throw up) its a luxuary car, and two: look at top fuel and funny cars, what do they have massive displacement V8's, not little displacement inline 6's or turbos
Yes you're right. The M3 is a luxury car with a "little displacement inline 6." Funny how these quiet Luxury cars with their small motor can hang and beat some of these massive 5.7L V8 equipped cars that are Drag race inspired. That alone says alot about the M3 right? Besides, they're luxury cars afterall. It should be a shame to even be compared to your godly power driven V8's.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

there not... since when is ur e46posbmw running in the 10s driving both ways to the track and getting 25mpg???? bc i know lots of ls1's doing this... lots and lots of ls1's.

if u made enuff money to buy a 60k car, then why not buy a vette, or better yet a new 05 gto and save 30k, looks better then the bmw's.. and has the 400hp ls2 motor, with a few mods here and there would outrun 99.99999% of bmws.. stock it would outrun 99.9%.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by E46Driven
That's cool. You have your own opinion so there's nothing wrong with disliking a certain car. If you don't like it, then you don't like it. No one can tell you otherwise.

It's not smart to assume all M3 owners getting help from their parents to purchase the car. Unlike some of you, we make enough money to afford a $60k car. So that comment isn't really necessary. .

Yes you're right. The M3 is a luxury car with a "little displacement inline 6." Funny how these quiet Luxury cars with their small motor can hang and beat some of these massive 5.7L V8 equipped cars that are Drag race inspired. That alone says alot about the M3 right? Besides, they're luxury cars afterall. It should be a shame to even be compared to your godly power driven V8's.
massive displacement V8 was in refference to top fuel drag cars, the LS1 is about half the displacement of a top fuel car

and nowhere did i say that ALL of you M3 owners got mommy and daddy to pay for it for you, nor was i assuming that

and why are you here on a board dedicated to those who own and love these cars, the guy simiply asked a question as too who would win said race, it was to be expected that he would recieve a biased answer, i dont go to your forum boards and defend my car, i dont know how many of us do, i doubt that it is many if at all

so why dont you make like a tree, AND GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZMC_Racing
there not... since when is ur e46posbmw running in the 10s driving both ways to the track and getting 25mpg???? bc i know lots of ls1's doing this... lots and lots of ls1's.

if u made enuff money to buy a 60k car, then why not buy a vette, or better yet a new 05 gto and save 30k, looks better then the bmw's.. and has the 400hp ls2 motor, with a few mods here and there would outrun 99.99999% of bmws.. stock it would outrun 99.9%.

Becuase not all of us are all about performance. If we were, we would have gone with the vette no question. It's definately the car to get if you want to outrun most of the cars. A performance beast.

But instead of soley looking at performance, we look at other things such as luxury, comfort, ride quality, build quality, and so forth. You know... the "other" things that make up a car. Some of us like to be in a quiet, smooth luxury ride that doesn't smell like fuel all the time.

I am not here to bash on your LS1's. Just here to back up the M3's and correct the mis-informed people here. Performance wise, I agree your V8's have much more potential to be fast, so calm down. Afterall it's common sense. 5.7L V8 compared to a 3.2L Inline 6.

These two cars have two very different purposes.

I don't want to add fuel to this flame, so I'll stop. You guys enjoy your cars. They're definately awesome cars to have fun with and very easy to make it even more fast. It was the original poster calling the M3 a POS that ticked us off. Have fun guys.

Last edited by E46Driven; 01-09-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

so why dont you make like a tree, AND GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!!!
man i love Boondock Saints
Old 01-09-2005, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

get yourself a stealth cam...and mayb some LS6 heads hell never kno
Old 01-09-2005, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

man i love Boondock Saints
BOONDOCK SAINTS!!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Many friends own vettes, a few Z06's. Some have been pretty sound, but a few reasons not to own one.

1. Resale is terrible, You can pick up 02-03 Z06's mid 30's all day long. Look at what GM did to everyone who bought a C5 right before the C6 came out. 12k in incenitives, and everyone trying ot sell their vette got screwed, it was worth close to nothing.

2. No back seat. Believe it or not Sports car can come with a back seat.
3. Electrical nightmare, some worse then others, but almost everyone I know has had major electircal issues with their vette.

Looks are subjective, but the obvious resemblance of a Cavalier from a GTO is there, you can't denie it. The closet compeitior in the sport sedan market is the CTS-V, which I did a 24 hour test drive on and liked very much, they do base more then 4k then a base M3 however, and I felt it was a little to big for my liking exhibited a little to much body roll.

The Pro driven E46 M3's have hit 12.7x more then a few times. Will the 05 GTO I don't know time will tell. Faster then 99.9999% of BMW's is not a bright remark. The 01 M Roadster has the same motor as the E46 M3, and runs Mid 12's at around 110-112 bone stock all day long. We won't talk about the new M5, Z8, and CSL which even worked the fastest stock Z06 time around the N-ring.

And to whoever said they would use 60k as a down payment on a ZL1. Flame me if you wish, but anyone that spends damn near 100k on an f-body regardless of it's drivetrain is foolish. It's still a Camaro at heart, has the same interior, exterior you would get the same rattles, squeaks, and other issues. Why would you spend 100k on a car you could mimick or make even faster for a fraction of the price. Unless you like paying for a name.

Name me another car for around 50k can seat 4 adults rather comfortably, pick up groceries in, run high 12's low 13's, get 25+ mpg ont he highway, go track at Sebring or Road Atlanta (Chin motorsports member), bring back to the dealership get new brakes as well as all other maintence items fixed as many times as I track (or don't and still need to) for FREE.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Teching In

ok, just an FYI for those that don't know...this username is a "community username" so PLEASE don't let some troll posts make you think less of all BMW/M3 drivers.

that said, i own a 2001 e46 M3

i am also a 31yo professional so i'm giving myself a little credit for having some maturity. i am ashamed of some of the posts i've seen from fellow BMW drivers and e46fanatics members. i love the M3 and its one heck of a car. its fast, seats 4, handles with the best of them, and looks muscular...not to mention that the technology is amazing.

i also have a soft spot for "american muscle" and respect all cars. if you're too busy bashing the cars that other people own/love then you're not an enthusiast...PERIOD.

i know i drive a badass car with 333HP, but you know what? if one of you flew by me with a sweet growl of a V8 i would give you a thumbs up. i am lucky to have the money to own/drive a really nice car...but there are plenty of cars that humble my M3 (i.e. a ferrari maranello - drool).

the point is, not all BMW drivers are jerks and not all M3 drivers think their car is the best thing since sliced bread. i know that i have a really nice car and i didn't buy it so i could simply brag about 0-60 times. i got it because i think its beautiful and has more power than i could ever need. i love being drenched in nappa leather and the color (laguna seca blue) really stands out.

i give props to anyone that takes pride in their car and loves it. afterall, if you're really a car enthusiast then your post should never be mean. props to you all for having a nice car and sorry for some of the lame posts you had to read.

here is my ride (for those that care to see)...

-bender
Old 01-09-2005, 07:58 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

i give props to anyone that takes pride in their car and loves it. afterall, if you're really a car enthusiast then your post should never be mean. props to you all for having a nice car and sorry for some of the lame posts you had to read.

-bender
okay so lets see this race. when's it happening?
Old 01-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Teching In

here is my ride (for those that care to see)...

-bender

Sweet ride Bender!! Gawd I love M3's.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Is this **** for real?

I never thought this thread would amount to anything.......buncha dumbasses!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Name me another car for around 50k can seat 4 adults rather comfortably, pick up groceries in, run high 12's low 13's, get 25+ mpg ont he highway, go track at Sebring or Road Atlanta (Chin motorsports member), bring back to the dealership get new brakes as well as all other maintence items fixed as many times as I track (or don't and still need to) for FREE.
dude, you cant be serious. No dealership is going to replace your parts knowing you have tracked your car. Atleast not anywhere near me.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Flawless
dude, you cant be serious. No dealership is going to replace your parts knowing you have tracked your car. Atleast not anywhere near me.
Not only am I serious, but I've done it a few times already. The M division incourages the tracking of it's vehicles. I made it very clear when I purchased the car, and they said maintence is $0 for 4 yrs or 50k miles. If you need 20 sets of brakes, you get 20 sets of brakes. I'm on 3.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrightRedOne
Not only am I serious, but I've done it a few times already. The M division incourages the tracking of it's vehicles. I made it very clear when I purchased the car, and they said maintence is $0 for 4 yrs or 50k miles. If you need 20 sets of brakes, you get 20 sets of brakes. I'm on 3.
Wow, always did love BMWs M division. What if you do something extreme like going FI?
Old 01-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Flawless
Wow, always did love BMWs M division. What if you do something extreme like going FI?
If you have a blower on there and you come in wanting a warranited motor because it blew, they are probably going to tell you to go F*** yourself.
I have toyed with the idea of throwing on a quick 75 shot, and removing if something were to happen. After the previous cars had some issues with the rod bearings, they don't think twice now when it comes to replacing motors, even though only 321 cars experienced the issue.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet car! An m3 will probably be my next purchase (torn between an F2/350 or M3).
Old 01-09-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love all fast cars!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

1. Resale is terrible, You can pick up 02-03 Z06's mid 30's all day long. Look at what GM did to everyone who bought a C5 right before the C6 came out. 12k in incenitives, and everyone trying ot sell their vette got screwed, it was worth close to nothing.
i honestly only read the 1st page, but i expected a something like this to happen. anyway, anyone buying a $60,000 car that is basing their decision on re-sale value should do 1 of 2 things:

1.) lease, if you're talking about 02-03 vettes, a 4 year lease might be right for you, then its not your problem.

2.) try and find a car thats in your price range, that way you wont have to worry about making your money back in the future. too many people are over extending themselves nowa days to look classy/wealthy.

that is all, you may continue...

Quick Reply: title to title race yes or no?