Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

AWD Vs. RWD + slicks & VHT on the street. *video*

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
Well ive yet to be outlaunched by a slick/DR RWD on the street. And at the strip ive only been outlaunched by a full on race car on slicks. Im not saying thats it's impossible for it to happen, but im saying that so far i haven't been impressed yet. I cut 1.6 60 foots on street tires, im sure if i put DR's all the way around id lower the 60 foot time even more.
Last time I checked, "outlauching" someone doesn't garuantee a victory.

You're cutting nice 60's...but horrible ET's.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk98Z28
It would be tuff to do on the street no doubt, but if he leaves even close to you and is running to win (spray) he will walk right past you. At the track he should leave with you or better than you and that wont even be a close race IMO. I am sure we will find all this out soon enough.

i never doubted he would win on spray.

in all honesty though, i think that the 60 foot will go to me, on the street AND on the track, granted my clutch holds up.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unit213
Last time I checked, "outlauching" someone doesn't garuantee a victory.

You're cutting nice 60's...but horrible ET's.
i never said that outlaunching someone would guarantee a victory. Where do you get that information? In fact in the video i posted, i outlaunched the guy but i still lost.

However the ET's should change next time i go to the track as my mods have changed extensively.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

If he races you just on motor it might be a close race. However, that would be really nice of him to do that, last time i checked you should run what you brung and hope you brought enough If he said he would outrun you on motor thats a diff. story, but if you called him out and now are asking him not to spray you thats BS.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Teching In

If he races you just on motor it might be a close race. However, that would be really nice of him to do that, last time i checked you should run what you brung and hope you brought enough If he said he would outrun you on motor thats a diff. story, but if you called him out and now are asking him not to spray you thats BS.

i actually never really called him out. I called out the LS1 that he said beat an evo with on the freeway. Which turns out to be a stock LS1. When i spoke with him on the phone, he said he'd like to do one run on motor, and one run on spray. And i have absolutely no problems with that. Ill be running pump gas the whole time.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

i actually never really called him out. I called out the LS1 that he said beat an evo with on the freeway. Which turns out to be a stock LS1. When i spoke with him on the phone, he said he'd like to do one run on motor, and one run on spray. And i have absolutely no problems with that. Ill be running pump gas the whole time.
If he was in 98GrnZ28's car it is in no way stock, and you really dont want any of his car either.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Teching In

This is an exact quote from the thread where he said he raced an evo.

are the supposed to be fast? beat by a stock Z and the stock SS from a 70 dig on the interstate pulled more that 3 cars quickly

Hopefully he wasnt tring he had a LA tag and got off and rode into decatur, Nice guy anyone know him?
And this is when i said, Ill let a stock LS1 pick on my EVO from a stop anytime.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

This is an exact quote from the thread where he said he raced an evo.

And this is when i said, Ill let a stock LS1 pick on my EVO from a stop anytime.
I see, but good luck finding a STOCK LS1 around here lol Besides you arent stock so why would the LS1 have to be?? and they went from a 70 kick. STOCK you might as well forget that who cares.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Teching In

I see, but good luck finding a STOCK LS1 around here lol Besides you arent stock so why would the LS1 have to be?? and they went from a 70 kick. STOCK you might as well forget that who cares.
The comment was actually made tongue in cheek. I figure i wouldn't have a hard time beating a stock LS1 from a stop. thats why i put a little laughing smiley after i made my comment. Like i said before, i dont mind racing modded cars, but dont be deceitful about whether or not you are going to have this or maybe use this and not tell me. Wheni race its usually for fun, and as a benchmark. Id like to know how im doing against said car with said mods. Im interested in what difference a 75 shot of nitrous would do in a race against me compared to an all motor run.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well ive yet to be outlaunched by a slick/DR RWD on the street. And at the strip ive only been outlaunched by a full on race car on slicks. Im not saying thats it's impossible for it to happen, but im saying that so far i haven't been impressed yet. I cut 1.6 60 foots on street tires, im sure if i put DR's all the way around id lower the 60 foot time even more.
I've outlaunched awd talons many a times on the street with DRs. Of course I'm not stock, motor wise(suspensions pretty close). Also he sure didnt look like he was running 9s. Believe me if he was spinning bad enough to slow from a 9 to what it looked like he was running he would've been sideways or there woulda been plenty of smoke. So that guys lying straight up to you about his power and times. Also hooking in an s10 with the hp and torque for a 9 second pass is tough to do even with slicks wide enough to touch the pumpkin.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah sorry bout that just saw that was in the 1/8th I could buy a 9 in the 1/8 outta that thing. I ran an 8.8 in the 1/8th stock with a 2.1 60 way back in the day. That was on stock tires and there was no way around the burnout puddle the way noble has it poured out there. So wet stock tires what can ya do. But like I said before slicks on an fbody is way different than slicks on a rwd s10.

Last edited by King02SS; 01-21-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

A 1.6 60' isnt ****. Sorry
Old 01-21-2005, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

To race around here you cant have a stock car. Everybody cars around here are modded inless they just bought it. I know where they is a stock 02 Trans AM that might race if I can get a Hold of him. It is completely stock Paper Air filter and stock exhust.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black_z
A 1.6 60' isnt ****. Sorry

well takinga look at the timeslip list id say there are a handful of z28's runing 12.0 or slower that acheived a 1.6 60 foot. Its not **** for a full on race car, but for a car on street tires, its damn good.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

It is for a car on street tires, but you said youve never been pulled out of hte hole by a RWD street car with slicks and VHT.

Quick Reply: AWD Vs. RWD + slicks & VHT on the street. *video*