Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S2000 irony

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Yeah, I never really liked the sound of a domestic V8 either. I just love the way a four cylinder sounds through good exhaust; it sounds like, like, a weedeater! I love that sound!
Not all of them sound like that. My car does not sound like that
Old 01-23-2005, 09:56 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by Big Jimbo
STUPID QUOTES FROM THE hONdA FORUM......

"Whatever dude, i did beat a Ws6 Camero. From a 40mph roll, i got on it and blew his doors off, and i don't think he was stock neither... whatever dudes you weren't there"

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Thats such a shame cause some of those guys are real cool. LOLOL OMG BEST QUOTE EVER LOL
Old 01-23-2005, 09:58 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
awesome! props to ya. glad someone has some sense. those cars are nice but the drivers man, or some of them anyway... its amazing the ignorance. how could someone spend so much money on a car and not know what they're running????

but i guess theyre in every single crowd.

~

Anyway I am glad your car does not sound like a weed eater. lol
Old 01-23-2005, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

If you think that is bad here is one for you.

This one was by far one of the best race for me.
Well i was cruising at nite.. when i noticed a corvette (new model 05) well he seemed to have noticed me too.. He kept on revving at me... well this happend for sumtime... I was coming down the bridge... hes still next to me... well right after the bridge therewas a big curve long enough to hit high speeds.. its a stretch of like 3 kms.. so i stepped on it.. was doing 70km.. downshifted to 2nd and bang its on... he was rite next to me...i shift to 3rd ... hes still there but i gain a bit and 4th then 5th.. i was like 3 cars ahead and gaining... the moment i came out of the curve i stopped.. knowing he would just pass me by on a straight line.. well he seemed real pissed... cuz i gave him a thumbs up .. he just flew by me...
Corvette didnt seem to keep up wid the S on curve... it was just amazing.. S just stuck to the ground and i took it all the way to 245 kms... Daym felt good to smoke a Corvette ... If it was a straight road.. im sure it would have been different outcome.

I got this off of S2KI. Just to let you guys know, not one person belived him!
Old 01-23-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just yanking your chain man. I have heard some 4 bangers that had a nice sound. To be honest, I think the weedeater sound beats the glasspack sound anyday. Glasspacks sound like a loud continous fart.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"My Dad had a 96 Trans am with a 5 speed, that thing was slow, it would top out at like 110mph in 5th! thats stinking bad top end... i hated that heavy car, couldn't handle worth ****. He now has a 99 M3, its alright, still nothing special. I am trying to get him to get something really fast next, like an s2k or a prelude."
Old 01-23-2005, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
"My Dad had a 96 Trans am with a 5 speed, that thing was slow, it would top out at like 110mph in 5th! thats stinking bad top end... i hated that heavy car, couldn't handle worth ****. He now has a 99 M3, its alright, still nothing special. I am trying to get him to get something really fast next, like an s2k or a prelude."
where was that from?
Old 01-23-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where was that from?

A quote from one of the 30+ pages of that thread. That's the guy that thinks a prelude is a fast car.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
A quote from one of the 30+ pages of that thread. That's the guy that thinks a prelude is a fast car.
I feel so sorry for them
Old 01-23-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-23-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

poor misguided fools. when is a domestic car movie coming out to teach them their errors? do i smell rice burning? notice in F&F2, they had to cheat to beat the american iron. the S2K is a very fun car to drive, excellent handling. it was never ment to be a straight line car. i wouldn't mind having one.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

You can't really get too angry at these kids. its not their fault they grew up in suburbia riding around in volvos and minivans. I'm sure their cousin's honda/mitsu/subaru or whatever screamed compared to their mom's car. That, and then there was that movie.... I mean c'mon, the cards were stacked against them from the start in most cases. What we need is a maybe a youth education group of some sort, or at least a new movie. Its too bad they stopped making Birds, A tasteful remake of Smokey and The Bandit could do wonders for this sort of thing.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:35 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Originally Posted by spootnik
You can't really get too angry at these kids. its not their fault they grew up in suburbia riding around in volvos and minivans. I'm sure their cousin's honda/mitsu/subaru or whatever screamed compared to their mom's car. That, and then there was that movie.... I mean c'mon, the cards were stacked against them from the start in most cases. What we need is a maybe a youth education group of some sort, or at least a new movie. Its too bad they stopped making Birds, A tasteful remake of Smokey and The Bandit could do wonders for this sort of thing.
agreed
Old 01-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Big Jimbo
STUPID QUOTES FROM THE hONdA FORUM......

"Whats all the hype about? Seriously the only fast domestic car i have ever seen is a viper, and even they don't rev very high. Specially top end, no american cars can match a high revvin' motor."

"we all know that for less $ ur v8 is fast, the fun part about modifying an import is the challenge"-----as in spending more money on it?

"Whatever dude, i did beat a Ws6 Camero. From a 40mph roll, i got on it and blew his doors off, and i don't think he was stock neither... whatever dudes you weren't there"

.........drum roll........
"if u want a good lookin car that will atract many ppl specially girls (fact), that can be slow, quick or fast, that is reliable , has great gas mileage and that u could mod it whatever your style is,,go buy an import, oh yeah n they dont devaluate as much as domestics."
Heres one:

Whatever, my Si dusted that LS1, and countless LT1's. LT1's are so slow and heavy with no low end torque.

"My dad's S2K destroyed a supercharged LT1 Firebird SS last week, and all he has is exhaust. My friends Civic (non-Si) was even with a WS6 up to 80mph, then the LS1 slowly crept away. Not to bad for a stock Civic."

I sharded myself from laughing so hard.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Someone needs to be nice to those kids, and offer them a ride in the ls1 packing f-bod.
I did that to my brother. His answer to a short (very fast) trip in my ws6 was an SRT-4.
Fast *** car, can't wait to line em up
Old 01-24-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phoenix57
the S2K is a very fun car to drive, excellent handling. it was never ment to be a straight line car.
You wanna know irony? The 4th Gen FBodies were never intended to be great handling cars... and yet they really shine on road courses... or like the ricers like to say, "tha twisties".

There are some cars out there that can just do everything well *cough* our cars *cough*, although many are too ignorant to believe facts and/or proof *cough* ricers *cough*.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Banned

personally i liked the one thread on the board that says "how much can my stock civic take, a 200 shot?"

genius

Nate
Old 01-24-2005, 07:00 AM
STF Veteran

Bunch of useless fuckbubbles.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Teching In

"He now has a 99 M3, its alright, still nothing special. I am trying to get him to get something really fast next, like an s2k or a prelude."

I got to page 7 but had to stop because it was so horrible. The more technical the board is, the better. Otherwise you just get a bunch of retards. I run across retards like that all of the time. In 2001, I was driving a beretta V6 and drove an s2k, it seemed fast. I drove one 8 months ago, and after driving my 944 turbo and 95 Eldorado for a while, and the s2k is a nice car, but really slow.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Also, I hate the driver comparison people always use with shitty cars- saying it is all about the driver. A great driver with a s2k will lose horribly to my Mother driving a LS1 car. But they claim vice versa.