Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Blown 98 Cobra Dead

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005 | 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99TexasZ
Dont know about it being tuned but no to the intercooler.
The 98 Cobra guy should stop being cheap and get an intercooler. His psi would need to be fairly low without one, and in that configuration I would expect the 98 Cobra to be mediocre on the top end with all that heat. With an intercooler and good tune, the output would be much stronger.

Originally Posted by unit213
8psi is fine on a stock 4.6. That's it though. 400rwhp is about the max before the rods start looking like pretzels.
Oh really .... then click here for a stock shortblock 540 rwhp 01 Blown H/C GT that ran 11.26 at 126 mph on pump gas at full weight with tires spinning on the initial hit. It's a daily driven car, although they recently upgraded the shortblock and blower and its making over 600 rwhp and running 10's.

Most engines are broken due to detonation, not too much power.

Last edited by 00GTBlown; 02-07-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2005 | 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

i'll say this, i believe him. Freak things happen like that all the time.

Once i was cruising around on the 826 north when i spotted a late model gt. (not sure but a gt for sure...)

Anyways, i get next to him and he starts to take off. We're in moderate traffic so i take it easy. He kept cutting me off at every point were i would get next to him. Anyways, when we got some room, i got next to him. He hits and as i do. we were going maybe 60? He stepped forward a bit, not even a fender length. I even him out and pull on him though not quickly but consistently. Traffic gets crazy again and i shut done while he makes a daredevil move and speeds off.
Anyways, i follow him off the higway and line it up. Traffic was really bad that day. But at the light i signaled right and he follows. We hit from 10mph, he jumps a car (as usual) but through second i begin to reel him. WE shut down due to a light.

I get next to him and instead of a thumbs up hes like "you'll need a bit more than that!" WTF i let him have it and we argued pointlessly until i asked him, his mods. HE WAS BLOWN!! I knew i heard a whine while racing but i was like noway!! He began to claim all this nonsense (450rwhp???) to impress his girl but all i said was "if you had that much power, you would of pulled nasty on the highway but you didnt!!" He just mubbled something and his girl just laughed....

I ask for another one but he punked out and sped off. Im not bragging but showing another example that more under the hood isnt gonna always win.
Old 02-08-2005 | 06:37 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by SL0WNESS
uh... maybe a 2v, and even then ive seen PI headed 2v's put down a bit over 400hp to the tires on 100% stock shortblock and run fine.
You're right. I was thinking 4.6 2V. My bad.
Old 02-10-2005 | 12:35 PM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

So I live in somewhat of a small town in central Texas and this guy comes over from one town over asking "Whos the fastest in town?" So everyone tells him that I am, and he reply's "Heh, not anymore!" So I finally catch this guy at a gas station today and tell him to bring it on. So we get on the highway and slow to 30, three honks and we both hit it. Between 30 and 125 I put 1 1/2 cars on him before we both shut down. I was amazed of what my car just did, so was he. My mods are in my sig, his mods were Kenne Bell Blower, Intake, Exhaust, and a bunch of other little ****. He was pissed but was cool about it. He said "Damn! There goes my bragging rights. What you got heads and cam?" Then the beauty of it all "Nope. The motor is stock."
Nice job.
Congrat on the kill.

I have no trouble with this kill. I have a Yank 4000 stall and let me tell ya what,I have had a ton of fun taking down cars that have a lot more HP .

Then it is always great to get the NO F***KING WAY,that motor is all stock internals!

Then i just ask if they want to race again,this time on the bottle.

You and i have real close to the same mods,except a nitrous system for me.

Congrats

Dave
Old 06-19-2005 | 03:41 PM
Teching In

say jimmy i suggest you fix this thread bro!!! you so crazy. Yes the cobra is mine and my mods are below. and i came out of the car wash and both times we never got a clean run, you got traction on the first run due to me coming out of the carwash you forgot to mention that part. and i got you the second. dont get me wrong jimmys car is quick. travis
Old 06-19-2005 | 03:43 PM
Teching In

Yea I kinda figured that but it is true. Why in the hell would I come on to the internet lie about a freakin race?
Edit:
I tell you what, if it is going to be such a big deal to everyone to not beleive it I can get it on video. Or if anyone on here is somewhat Austin, Texas local I would be more than happy for you to come out and personally watch this race. The guy is pretty cool so I doubt he would care.
ya why dont we do that? later bro
Old 06-19-2005 | 04:12 PM
Banned

As you can tell Travis, I wasnt on here talkin **** or anything.I knew as soon as I posted on that other thread you were gunna search my post and find this thread, I didnt figure it was a big deal. If you want to race and get it on tape I will bring my digital video camera, but I think we both know your car will outpower mine on the big end. We are talking built blower car vs stock motor built tranny car, I will yank your *** out of the hole but you will suck me in depending on traction. Give me a call and we can make this video today and I will post it. Jimmy
Old 06-19-2005 | 04:34 PM
Administrator

He should walk your *** badly given the mods in his sig. "Should" doesn't mean **** on the street though.
Old 06-19-2005 | 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

and how does anyone know that the guy in the mustang who thought he was such hot **** wasn't lieing about what he had done? the dude in the mustang might just have been blowing smoke up people's ***
Old 06-19-2005 | 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

nobody knows for sure. but you just have to assume he's honest, and has no reason to lie. and he's on the board, so you could just ask him.

cobra guy, are you lieing about your mods?
Old 06-19-2005 | 07:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
nobody knows for sure. but you just have to assume he's honest, and has no reason to lie. and he's on the board, so you could just ask him.

cobra guy, are you lieing about your mods?
travis's car is for real man...every mod listed had been done and is now on the car...its unbelievable..the car is a monster....i help put the motor in..has all pics of parts and work being done...
Old 06-19-2005 | 07:09 PM
On The Tree

There is a guy in my town that had that blower on a 98 with bolt-ons. It ran 9.2 @ 77 in the 1/8 before and 8.50 @ 82 on slicks after. I wasn't impressed at all. That puts him in around 13.0. Sounds about the same as the car you raced. Good kill.
Eric
Old 06-19-2005 | 07:13 PM
On The Tree

cant wait for the race on video!!
Old 06-19-2005 | 07:15 PM
Teching In

even jimmy the guy in the camaro has seen the pics my ***** for real TRUST ME Jimmy you do know that my blower is twin screw and not centri right? i'm pushing almost an extra 100#'s of torque than i am in hp. for some odd reason my car dynoed low last time. ppl say it was the plugs and tune. Got me. But i do know from the time i'm on the gas i got boost NOW, not when i'm hitting the rev limiter. Its all the time. I didnt say you where talkin **** man. you just left out 2 KEY points 1 i just got out of the car wash right? 2 I pulled you bad on the second run man. WE both had traction issues!!!! but then agian hey blower plus 4:10's= side ways and a whole lot of fun!! But hey man i told you then i will tell you now you cars quick. IF you spent the money i got in mine no doubt i would have to go to a centri, to keep up. BUt as of now man. I got alot in mine think i will pull ya. remeber las ttime we ran i had bald tires 8# pulley and stock manifolds. since then i got all my mods that are in my sig. Soooooo.. Catch ya later bro.
Old 06-19-2005 | 07:15 PM
On The Tree

But he don't have the mods that firefighter has. Go to the track and race, I would hope the cobra would be faster. Thats alot of $$ in it.
Old 06-19-2005 | 08:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99SSLS1
There is a guy in my town that had that blower on a 98 with bolt-ons. It ran 9.2 @ 77 in the 1/8 before and 8.50 @ 82 on slicks after. I wasn't impressed at all. That puts him in around 13.0. Sounds about the same as the car you raced. Good kill.
Eric
you got to be joking man 13 lmao. your a funny man you need to do your research bro. No really i'm not picking any fight or bitchin at all but seriously WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! they run BONE STOCK (that means they dont have that little pretty blower like me and the other 4000 into the internals o.k) run 13.99 @ 101.6 all day long. Like i said before man. I'm not here to play the my cars the better one just make sure all the facts are straight, no biggie. And I know theres many of bowties out there that would leave me crawling on my belly. Who cares have fun. and jimmy you better hit me up next time you go to vans man. I wanna go and get spanked cause from what you where telling me tonight there plenty of cars to do it. I think it would be fun. Maybe i can get Ol" Eric to role. later guys. Travis
Old 06-20-2005 | 06:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ssrevenge
...its unbelievable..the car is a monster....
Hold on a second now. Let's not get carried away.
Old 06-20-2005 | 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

Put up or shut up guys. When ya do the run on video, pop the hood of both first. Oh, go out in the country and do this **** in the daylight so we can see. I get sick of these shitty nightime vids.
Old 06-20-2005 | 12:36 PM
KCS
15 Year Member

Hey, I got a camera! 99TexasZ, pm sent
Old 06-21-2005 | 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Talking

A good friend of mine has a similar setup but uses a vortec S-trim with a completely forged...GT bullit 4.6 2V motor....full aeromotive fuel system.. His put down 450rwhp@14psi, but we are pretty sure the blower is the limiting factor. Should be capable of 500+ to the wheels.... Safely? Who knows.... Before he had the built motor my former cam only 99Z28 layed waste to him... lol