Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Cocky 2005 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt SS
What do these people think, that the new GT is FAST! LOL Its an underpowered, ugly PIG! I hate the new design. What is wrong with ford, why they are trying to resurrect an old design that had its time. You didnt see Chevy designing the C6 to look like a C3??
I was never impressed with ford motors. They just cannot build a fast N/A motor. The 2000 Cobra R was there best try and the 01 Z06 still tosted it and for less money. I said it once and ill say it again Mustangs are nothing with out a S/C!!!!!!!!!!!!

and your point is??? What's this got to do with this thread and an *** whoopin' handed to a cocky GT owner?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What do these people think, that the new GT is FAST! LOL Its an underpowered, ugly PIG! I hate the new design. What is wrong with ford, why they are trying to resurrect an old design that had its time. You didnt see Chevy designing the C6 to look like a C3??
I was never impressed with ford motors. They just cannot build a fast N/A motor. The 2000 Cobra R was there best try and the 01 Z06 still tosted it and for less money. I said it once and ill say it again Mustangs are nothing with out a S/C!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're a moron. Plain and simple.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

I just posted up a kill I thought was worth sharing. Didn't know it would turn into this. Sorry
Old 02-14-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

Hell, don't sweat it. We've got trolls over at SVTP as well, probably more of 'em than ya do here. Like I said, nice kill.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:15 PM
STF Veteran

If you don't see the c3 and c4 (As well as c5, obviously) influences in the c6, then you're not looking hard enough. the rear third of the car SCREAMS c3.

I watched a documentary on the designing of the C6, and keeping it looking like a corvette so they can sell to the corvette faithful is #2 on their list of concerns behind performance. They talk about the ideas and concepts taken from past corvettes to be used in the c6.

I said it once and ill say it again Mustangs are nothing with out a S/C!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, and our fbodies weren't really anything to write home about until we got the LT1 and weren't hot **** till the LS1. The L98 sure wasn't setting the world on fire. Don't even talk about the 305s... DOGS.

Stop being retarded. A fast car is a fast car.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:25 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by unit213
You're a moron. Plain and simple.
Yeah if I'd bothered reading all 3 pages I'd have noticed other people pointed out his stupidity before me.

I just dont' understand people who don't seem to fathom the idea that loving one type of car (or even a car company) does not require bashing other cars and other car companies.

If he wanted to say that... I dunno, hundai makes slow ****... well then ok. But Ford has some badass stuff. So does dodge/chrysler. Nissan, mitsubishi, and honda have.. um... good starts.

You know something I've never seen... ever... is a GM guy talking about how "ford engines arn't **** without a supercharger" respond to me when I say "well, would you say the grand national ain't **** without a turbo?" There always seems to be silence after that...
Old 02-14-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
I
Yeah, and our fbodies weren't really anything to write home about until we got the LT1 and weren't hot **** till the LS1. The L98 sure wasn't setting the world on fire. Don't even talk about the 305s... DOGS.
The 93 LT1 F-body was faster than pretty much anything out there that was under 40k. It was just as good as the 98 LS1 when compared to everything else on the road.

And the TTA was pretty badass IMHO.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Yeah if I'd bothered reading all 3 pages I'd have noticed other people pointed out his stupidity before me.

I just dont' understand people who don't seem to fathom the idea that loving one type of car (or even a car company) does not require bashing other cars and other car companies.

If he wanted to say that... I dunno, hundai makes slow ****... well then ok. But Ford has some badass stuff. So does dodge/chrysler. Nissan, mitsubishi, and honda have.. um... good starts.

You know something I've never seen... ever... is a GM guy talking about how "ford engines arn't **** without a supercharger" respond to me when I say "well, would you say the grand national ain't **** without a turbo?" There always seems to be silence after that...
What I find funny is that people actually believe that Ford Motor, one of the biggerst auto makers (and companies) in the world, CAN'T make...not choose...but CAN'T make a fast N/A car. Can people really be that stupid? Do those people think that Ford doesn't have the money, the knowledge, the experienced engineers, desingers, etc. to make a powerful/fast N/A car? Is it that they CAN'T or they don't CHOOSE to.

Ford (and GM) are in the business of selling cars. They do what they feel is necessary to move their product. Customer demand on Mustangs is through the roof. I see no reason for them to change anything.

GM decided to go a different route. It happens to be a good route for us since they are producing big horsepower cars. The bottom line is the same however. It's all about $$$. Believe it. Accept it. Get over it.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with you Unit, you could turn the argument around and say.."why was there a twenty year gap between good F/I engines at GM (GNX..the new STS-V looks like it will be good..and I do not think the blown 3.8's count personally)."

The Cobra R was a pretty damn good N/A engine just for the record.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gloveperson

The Cobra R was a pretty damn good N/A engine just for the record.
Yeah...not too bad at all. 12.80's were no problem.

People should be happy when one automaker sets the bar higher because the rest will either follow suit or top it...which means more power for us!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Nice kill man!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

If you don't see the c3 and c4 (As well as c5, obviously) influences in the c6, then you're not looking hard enough. the rear third of the car SCREAMS c3.

I watched a documentary on the designing of the C6, and keeping it looking like a corvette so they can sell to the corvette faithful is #2 on their list of concerns behind performance. They talk about the ideas and concepts taken from past corvettes to be used in the c6.

Stop being retarded. A fast car is a fast car.
You make some strong points, but the simple fact is that the NEW C6 over all does not look as much like the older vettes as the Mustang look like the older stangs.

I think from 1993 to 2002 is a pretty good term of domination by GM. With the powerful LT1 and LS1. Yes i admit whole heartedly that the 03/04 Terminators will woop my A$$ and all other STOCK LS1's. But as far as the New GT is concerned the speed of it doesnt impress me.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:59 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

it was that part.

EDIT: as to your asking what you said that was wrong.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
What I find funny is that people actually believe that Ford Motor, one of the biggerst auto makers (and companies) in the world, CAN'T make...not choose...but CAN'T make a fast N/A car. Can people really be that stupid? Do those people think that Ford doesn't have the money, the knowledge, the experienced engineers, desingers, etc. to make a powerful/fast N/A car? Is it that they CAN'T or they don't CHOOSE to.

Ford (and GM) are in the business of selling cars. They do what they feel is necessary to move their product. Customer demand on Mustangs is through the roof. I see no reason for them to change anything.

GM decided to go a different route. It happens to be a good route for us since they are producing big horsepower cars. The bottom line is the same however. It's all about $$$. Believe it. Accept it. Get over it.

Well this response i pretty much what i expected from a TERMINATOR owner. But insulting me wont get you anywhere. Yes i do agree with you that it is all about the money, but if ford had all the TECH to make a fast N/A, then why didnt they? BC it would be too much money??? FACE it ford copped out on improving there MODUALAR motor and just slapped on a S/C. A smart move but a cop out in my book. Where GM set fourth to design a truly REMARKABLE next gen engine the ls2 and LS7, which both got honors in HOTROD Magizine. Im sorry if i offended your high and mighty opinon of your wonderful fords. But keep in mind that this is a GM web site and i am a GM owner.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

I still for one feel like a "fair" race with a S/C Cobra would be to throw on a supercharger on my TA and then see what happens. I know the outcomes of me racing a few newer GT's and Mach's here where I live and the Mach's impress me but I have only raced 1 Mach and probably a dozen of GT's in the past year. The Mach race was close, went to about the top of third gear and had him at my bumper. I feel like the Mach was a better representation of a worthy effort from Ford rather than throwing on a supercharger. I still cringe to this day when a cobra owner calls his supercharged ride "stock" just because it roll off the factory that way. I swear i'm about to put my money into a supercharger and tell everyone I'm stock too
Old 02-16-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

And yes I've raced 2 cobras here, and got my *** handed to me nicely....pretty sick
Old 02-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Teching In

it was that part.

EDIT: as to your asking what you said that was wrong.
If he doesn't see anything wrong with a post like that, he shouldn't be dignified with a response .
Old 02-16-2005, 12:49 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Im sorry if i offended your high and mighty opinon of your wonderful fords. But keep in mind that this is a GM web site and i am a GM owner.
The reason this site is such a well oiled and awesome machine is because while it is a GM oriented website, we also have posters (read: not flamers) on here who own Mustangs, GN's, SRT4's, SRT10's, WRX STI's, EVO's, S2000's, Bronco's, and dozens more. It's labelled LS1tech.com, but I cant say that anyone who has wanted help with their car hasn't gotten it in one way or another (whether by direct help or link) here.

Sometimes we get out of line, sometimes we dont. But the point is that this site ultimately revolves around the fascination with, and modding of fast cars, not the high horse values that you are supporting in a statement like that.

And if one more person calls me Dr. Phil they're getting a rubber mallet to the head!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
STF Veteran

Im sorry if i offended your high and mighty opinon of your wonderful fords. But keep in mind that this is a GM web site and i am a GM owner.
If I remember correctly, Unit (along with most of the cobra owners here) owned an LS1 before he got his cobra, and bought it because he couldn't find an 02 WS6 in new condition.

Originally Posted by mc01ta
I still cringe to this day when a cobra owner calls his supercharged ride "stock" just because it roll off the factory that way. I swear i'm about to put my money into a supercharger and tell everyone I'm stock too
That is the biggest ricer arguement I hear it come out of LS1 owners mouths, and the sad part is I hear it again and again and again. Is the Mercedes Benz E55 somehow not "stock" because it has a supercharger? How about the Evo and it's turbo? Or the Supra and it's turbos? HOW ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY GRAND NATIONAL AND IT'S TURBO (I swear, how many times do I have to repeat that one)? If you think that the 03/04 cobra engine is just the 99/01 dohc 4.6L engine with a supercharger in place of the intake manifold, then you havn't done much research into the engine. Different block, different pistons, different crankshaft, different heads. How much has to be different to qualify it as a new engine? Seriously, how much more COULD be different? Does it share a lot of dimensions and measurements with the old 4.6L DOHC engines? sure... but guess what, the LS1 isn't so terribly different from the small block 350 chevy invented half a century ago... at least not when compared to other engines. Does that mean the LS1 somehow isn't "Stock" because it comes with a kickass set of heads and a strong cam from the factory? The supercharged 4.6L DOHC had 2 years of heavy R&D put into it (why do you think there was no 02 cobra?). SVT wasn't sitting in the basement one day with a spare engine, dug a supercharger out of saleen's part bin, and viola - a new engine! No it was built from the ground up to be forced induction, the supercharger is an integrated part of the engine.

sheesh.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

yes i'm stubborn on my opinion, no i'm not a ricer, where i'm from you'd get decked for calling me that, and yes i'm an LS1 owner for 2 years. Just my opinion, I respect yours too, but again, no ricer here. I have a ricer roomate if that counts, all he does is talk about Subaru's and how fast they are compared to my 01 Trans Am and Cobras, the like. Best part is he doesn't even own the car yet, thats bonafide ricer. He does have a remote control ricer car and a couple of matchbox cars that are ricer cars.

ps. I have the same issue with the GN as I do the Cobra, it has nothing to do with the fact that its a ford. I think i'm close to going FI and calling myself stock, seriously, its a matter of opinion.