Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Srt....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Srt....

and I were on a 2 lane road and I was ahead at the time and he was at my rear quater panel. Then I slow down at the train track a bit, then the srt passes me. I give it a little gas and get in front of him about half a car. Then he slams it and takes off on me, gots a good 2 cars on me. I think no problem and give it a little bit more gas and I could not catch up while he pulled away. So just when I was about to slam the pedal to the floor to downshift, their was a car I was about to come up on so I slowed down and just about the same time the srt slows down. I should have slamed the gas pedal to downshift right away, but I thought those things were not much, but the srt driver apperently got on the gas and didn't let up all the way, just before I let off the gas I look down and amazed to see I was doing 80mph. I have respect for the srt but next time I will not be so gentle on the gas pedal.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like skittles.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
I like skittles.
Taste the rainbow.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackSrt
Taste the rainbow.

Heh, no seriously.

I like Skittles.

I'm a bit of a ricer.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
Heh, no seriously.

I like Skittles.

I'm a bit of a ricer.
/agree

I was going to buy one until I drove a TA If I had the money, I'd own both and make the skittle my daily driver.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I respect them. If I decide to move out of my dads house in the next year or so I may actually trade the camaro in on one. Something about low 14s, warranty covered upgrades, and reliable in the snow would make it good for a 20yr old living alone on a budget.

On the other side of that, I think its almost worth living at home for another year or two just to keep the camaro
Old 03-07-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KCamaro
I respect them. If I decide to move out of my dads house in the next year or so I may actually trade the camaro in on one. Something about low 14s, warranty covered upgrades, and reliable in the snow would make it good for a 20yr old living alone on a budget.

On the other side of that, I think its almost worth living at home for another year or two just to keep the camaro
Not to mention having 4 doors and a full trunk...
Old 03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im surprised by the respones. Yes, the srt is fast but it was not like I took off full force but anyways the srt beat me good, I ended at 80mph he must have ended at 130mph and this is in a 45mph zone. Ok, let me say I would NOT trade in my Camaro for a srt, no sir. But since were talking about keeping the Camaro and buying another car, I would purchase a M3 BMW sedan that car has 4 full doors and looks good.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

there was an srt down here that ran a 13 flat in the 1/4.............foor a 4banger that ricer was movin
Old 03-07-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I respect them now that I know what they can do. Im on the look out for that srt though. One thing that I think is cool, is, it's an American car, baddass 4 cyclinder and not an import, so in that respect its not bad at all.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98BXR
Im surprised by the respones. Yes, the srt is fast but it was not like I took off full force but anyways the srt beat me good, I ended at 80mph he must have ended at 130mph and this is in a 45mph zone. Ok, let me say I would NOT trade in my Camaro for a srt, no sir. But since were talking about keeping the Camaro and buying another car, I would purchase a M3 BMW sedan that car has 4 full doors and looks good.
I'd reluctantly trade mine in for one if it ment I could move out and stand on my own two feet. Especially since it dosnt cost much at all to make one comparable to a stock/lightly modded ls1.

edit: then again I dont have any problems being a 20yr old college student living at home
Old 03-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

and I were on a 2 lane road and I was ahead at the time and he was at my rear quater panel. Then I slow down at the train track a bit, then the srt passes me. I give it a little gas and get in front of him about half a car. Then he slams it and takes off on me, gots a good 2 cars on me. I think no problem and give it a little bit more gas and I could not catch up while he pulled away. So just when I was about to slam the pedal to the floor to downshift, their was a car I was about to come up on so I slowed down and just about the same time the srt slows down. I should have slamed the gas pedal to downshift right away, but I thought those things were not much, but the srt driver apperently got on the gas and didn't let up all the way, just before I let off the gas I look down and amazed to see I was doing 80mph. I have respect for the srt but next time I will not be so gentle on the gas pedal.

Nice run ....

That's why I am never "easy" on any car..... Skittles are fun.... Mine puts a smile on my face everyday on my way into work... On weekends though, the SS comes out for a little exercise
Old 03-08-2005, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Yes, I learned the hard way about how quick srt-4s can be. I raced once from about a 40mph roll to about 110. He got a very quick jump on me and stayed about 2 1/2 cars ahead of me. My jaw dropped. I didn't think I could lose to one. My god. I admitted my shame, and I now have my G5X2 going in right now as we speak.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JBGRAYTA
Yes, I learned the hard way about how quick srt-4s can be. I raced once from about a 40mph roll to about 110. He got a very quick jump on me and stayed about 2 1/2 cars ahead of me. My jaw dropped. I didn't think I could lose to one. My god. I admitted my shame, and I now have my G5X2 going in right now as we speak.
That skittle is going to have to huff and puff alot more boost to keep up with a g5x2
Old 03-09-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KITT
hey guys whats up, I am pretty shocked on a lot of ya responses. I drive a Neon and man is it fun. I was going to get a 03 BENZ but i figured parts and insurance would be to freakin expensive so I saw this neon that dodge made doing 13.9's bone stock and parts were very cheap and i figured this would be more fun and I can always get my dream vehicle when I settle. dont want to worry about a $60,000 car debt. lol. if you know what i mean. I beat a SS LS1 w/ exhaust and MAS and we went from a 60 roll and about 110 i had 2 cars on him and slowly kept pulling. oh and I love the four doors.
What mods did you have when you raced the SS?
Old 03-09-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea they fast untill they hit fourth gear then it's all downhill form there. i had one keep up with me till fourth gear after that i left him standing.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

there are a bunch of them around where i drive, and quite a bit of them are low 13 and 12 sec cars.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zamboxl
yea they fast untill they hit fourth gear...
No they aren't. Don't let 'em lie to you.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd buy two SRT-4's before buying an M3

p.s. The M3 doesnt have 4 doors

Last edited by Venkman; 03-09-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Venkman
I'd buy two SRT-4's before buying an M3

p.s. The M3 doesnt have 4 doors
I thought BMW still made the "sedan": M3, which also has 4 full doors. If they don't make the sedan, I would then take a Corvette, yes, yes. Two srt-4's no sir, not for me. I would take my Camaro 4 times over. I just don't like cramped/small cars. I respect srt but it's not for everybody and yes, I know some people may feel the same way about the Camaro.