Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

any real cops in here ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its funny i just saw this thread, cuz me and my friends were talking about it tonight. Why are we paying them??? To protect and serve? Because nobody i know has been protected , and the only serving i know is heres your ticket have a nice day. While i was driving down one of the main roads in town, i saw i swear 2 cops every quarter mile sitting on the side of the road. Im happy my tax money is goin somwhere worthwhile.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

It is just as bad in our suburb of dallas (carrollton for locals). We have VERY LITTLE crime so the cops are basically used to make extra money for the city. I got pulled over a few weeks ago but the bicycle cop( they are usually wound up tighter for some reason) didnt get a chance to clock my speed(Thanks Valentine for the early warning). He still pulls me over and starts to look around my car. Then writes me a ticket for no front lcense plate. there is another 125 dollars down the drain. !!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up The " justice" system is a joke.

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
You know, the public gives too much to the police. If you question an officer, he can turn against you and the only thing you can do is fight any tickets he decides to give you ( of course if you were different races you could pull that but it still wouldn't make a difference )...
Most of the police I've run into are worthless, and so are alot of laws in this country... not saying I'd leave but there is WAY too much screwed **** in our justice system to even call it a "justice" system.
I agree ! Too mant laws, too many ******* Cops!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its a joke too... It really just depends on whether the cop feels like being a dick or not or how bored he is. In late november in downtown phoenix i was pulled over for 75 in a 40... two cop cars were behind me the cop found out i wasnt registered and i didnt have proof of insurance.... after 5 minutes of talking to him he let me off with nothing at all.. not even a warning.... On December 1st I got pulled over for 75 in a 40 again!... Motorcycle cop.. within 5 minutes i had 3 tickets, Criminal speeding, No proof of insurance, No registration.. I guess i deserve it for speeding after i got off once though
Old 03-21-2005, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1sick'98WS6
I think its a joke too... It really just depends on whether the cop feels like being a dick or not or how bored he is. In late november in downtown phoenix i was pulled over for 75 in a 40... two cop cars were behind me the cop found out i wasnt registered and i didnt have proof of insurance.... after 5 minutes of talking to him he let me off with nothing at all.. not even a warning.... On December 1st I got pulled over for 75 in a 40 again!... Motorcycle cop.. within 5 minutes i had 3 tickets, Criminal speeding, No proof of insurance, No registration.. I guess i deserve it for speeding after i got off once though
I think you are the JOKE. You got pulled over for 35 over the limit (prob in city limits) and the cop was nice enough to let you off and a month later you do the same stupid ****-- you=idiot!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99z20ate
its funny i just saw this thread, cuz me and my friends were talking about it tonight. Why are we paying them??? To protect and serve? Because nobody i know has been protected , and the only serving i know is heres your ticket have a nice day. While i was driving down one of the main roads in town, i saw i swear 2 cops every quarter mile sitting on the side of the road. Im happy my tax money is goin somwhere worthwhile.
Monitering traffic for the idiots that don't know how to drive seems like pretty good protection to me.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackEcho
It is just as bad in our suburb of dallas (carrollton for locals). We have VERY LITTLE crime so the cops are basically used to make extra money for the city. I got pulled over a few weeks ago but the bicycle cop( they are usually wound up tighter for some reason) didnt get a chance to clock my speed(Thanks Valentine for the early warning). He still pulls me over and starts to look around my car. Then writes me a ticket for no front lcense plate. there is another 125 dollars down the drain. !!!!
I can relate here, I used to live in Flowermound/Lewisville, and the bycicle cops always had that "dirty Harry" thing goin' on. In that area, if you passed a cop, and weren't driving a minivan, it was pretty much a gimme that you're gonna get pulled over. About 4 years ago, I moved to Colorado Springs, and I'm telling you, the cops out here have been really cool. I've never been pulled over here unless I was doing something wrong (and knew it), and even then, they're very respectful to me. I got busted doing 52 in a 35, and the cop lowered the speed to 40/35 because it would only be 1 point and a hundred bucks.

Some cops do have preconceived notions about those they stop, but many are fair and respect you as much as you deserve it. I've discovered that most people who complain about the way things go down, or how they were treated offered no respect to the officer in the first place.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

if theres one thing there trained to do is single the civilians out, if you can keep them singled out, without a large group of support there easier to control.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:24 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Clipper
Some cops do have preconceived notions about those they stop, but many are fair and respect you as much as you deserve it. I've discovered that most people who complain about the way things go down, or how they were treated offered no respect to the officer in the first place.
I agree! I mean I've gotten the **** end of the stick from officers before but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be an *** to the rest that I meet. Half of my friends are in college to become cops so I'm just gonna make sure they work in the town I'm living in.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good thing you all have never dealt with Mexican cops. You will learn the true meaning of "Mordida".
Old 03-21-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

no ****....
Old 03-21-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Good thing you all have never dealt with Mexican cops. You will learn the true meaning of "Mordida".

elaborate please
Old 03-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

my friends were drunk on a mexican street, cop told them give me all your money or your goin to jail. So they emptied there pockets and got the hell outa mexico. Its true man that **** does happen.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:18 AM
TECH Regular

I have nothing against cops as long as they do there job. I really hate these ***** faced basterds that have nothing better to do then f... with ya . The ones I know used to get there asses kicked daily ,now they got a badge and suddenly there Billy bad ***. I got pulled over on our main strip for loud exhaust,I wasnt being a *** just cruisen and this cop said he would drop the ticket and that my car isnt allowed on that street again,if they seen it, it would be towed and stripped down ,I have long tubes, SLP loud mouth and converters.A4
Old 03-22-2005, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Formula-T/A
I have nothing against cops as long as they do there job. I really hate these ***** faced basterds that have nothing better to do then f... with ya . The ones I know used to get there asses kicked daily ,now they got a badge and suddenly there Billy bad ***. I got pulled over on our main strip for loud exhaust,I wasnt being a *** just cruisen and this cop said he would drop the ticket and that my car isnt allowed on that street again,if they seen it, it would be towed and stripped down ,I have long tubes, SLP loud mouth and converters.A4
Did you tell the cop that your exhaust is 50 State Legal. Is there an ordinance against loud cars in your town. If so, ask to see the policy or law...if not and the city doesn't have a Db meter, tell the cop he is wrong and he doesn't have the authority to carry out his threat.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

lol gotta love entrapment
Old 03-22-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

question......do any of u actally get stared at in ur cars by cops....i know it seems like an idiodic question.....but since i have had my SS(nearly 9months now) i seemed to get stared at more in my 88BroncoII.....im driving around and i when i see them and lord knows i know they can hear my exhaust(MAC ML's, Y-pipe, random tech muff....oh and just a small cam ) its like they dont know im there....which is a GOOD thing but wierd
Old 03-22-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

i glance at them, but they don't seem to look at me too much. i think they look at the car isntead of me more
Old 03-23-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02transhawk
Did you tell the cop that your exhaust is 50 State Legal. Is there an ordinance against loud cars in your town. If so, ask to see the policy or law...if not and the city doesn't have a Db meter, tell the cop he is wrong and he doesn't have the authority to carry out his threat.
I told him it was 50 state legal and he said not here so we argued and he asked if I wanted to see the law book I said yes. What do you know,he could not find it.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Formula-T/A
I told him it was 50 state legal and he said not here so we argued and he asked if I wanted to see the law book I said yes. What do you know,he could not find it.