Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

two kills on the bottle in the GTO....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 05:04 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
no Mach in my town is worth a ****...all are in teh 14's at the local track...not saying they can't be fast...but My GTO on the bottle will *** rape 99% of Mach's on this forum or in my state...

I ran a 13.5 @103 NA btw...

SDB
Your Still Slow
Old 04-17-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whats up with all the **** talking Mach owners in here.
You run 11s (on tire) big deal. My Z06 would spank you on a radial and no drag suspension.
Maybe if you graduate to a Cobra, you might find the respect you desire
Old 04-17-2005, 08:16 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by AmMscl
Whats up with all the **** talking Mach owners in here.
You run 11s (on tire) big deal. My Z06 would spank you on a radial and no drag suspension.
Maybe if you graduate to a Cobra, you might find the respect you desire
My suspension is 100% bone stock.. And I pull 1.60 60 ft's on drag radials.. I will see if I can't pull some high 1.50's this weekend. Thank you.. And why should I up grade to a Cobra.. They are heavier, you can't launch them worth a ****, and I already spank most of the ones I race, with me having about 130 less rwhp.. So your Z06 would spank me on a radial and no drag suspension.. Well I'm glad I kept my suspension bone stock and I run on Radials, Drag radials that is..BTW What times do you run??? It is more respectable if you have a car that makes a little over 300 rwhp run 11's then one with over 400+.. BTW my car only weighs about 3150 lbs with out driver..

Last edited by dan03mach; 04-17-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

The Z ran a best of 12.20 120. Next time out the Z should run in the 11s (60' needed a little more practice).
The GTO (with a 150 shot) runs 12.5s (@115) on a radial with a auto (full weight and loaded)....thats pretty decent!

I just don't know why you guys keep riding the GTO pony.

BTW: DRs are from Radials! What do you run on radials?
3150 sounds like a stripper to me (sway bars, back seat....) and not much left of a street car
I don't run on DRs .......I enjoy having to drive it out of the hole
Old 04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Hhhmmnnn.... couldn't have anything to do with his attitude, could it???

He acts like a complete ***, and SUPRISE he gets treated like one.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

I have NEVER been beaten by a GTO. I raced all the Goats with my ol' Skittle.. Does that mean they are all pigs and slow as ****? No. So, keep the rustang comments to yourself because saying 99% of Machs are slow is dumb. How about you get out of the poor *** neighborhood where ppl actually mod cars with money not stickers.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:07 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

The Z ran a best of 12.20 120. Next time out the Z should run in the 11s (60' needed a little more practice).
The GTO (with a 150 shot) runs 12.5s (@115) on a radial with a auto (full weight and loaded)....thats pretty decent!

BTW: DRs are from Radials! What do you run on radials?
3150 sounds like a stripper to me (sway bars, back seat....) and not much left of a street car
I don't run on DRs .......I enjoy having to drive it out of the hole
Well the sway bar is in place like I said before the suspension is 100% stock.. I do take out the back seat, and all the stuff that is in the trunk, I put on light weight wheels, "Big and littles", But all the other stuff is intact like it came from the factory.. With the amount of gas I use when I race I take out a total of 250 lbs out of the car in race trim.. So it is very street able.. I haven't ran a 1/4 mile yet on stock tires.. But the way my car is geared up I would just have to feather the gas threw 2nd and part of 3rd.. I don't want to race where I can't give all she's got.. I want to nail it from the start and get that rush from being thrown back in the seat from hooking hard..
Old 04-18-2005, 08:10 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm...Mustang...lightened up race cars....track dogs.....
They always fall on the street in street trim...
I live in a fairly posh neighborhood, but the mustangs around here are slow, especially the Mach's....the only modded ones it seems are the 03-04 Cobras, and they are mostly all dyno queens...have a couple in low 11's, but they have $15K in mods...
My GTO beats up on a lot of stuff here on the street, and the Cobra guys hate it....I have beaten 3 blown/modded Cobras so far and looking for more....
My attitude comes from people chiming in and making stupid comments, OR comparing apples to oranges....raced out no back seat slick and skinnie mustang to stock GTO with a bottle...and I would still gladly race him for $$$ on the street...

7 pages of thread...pertty cool....
Old 04-18-2005, 09:09 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by SDB
hmmm...Mustang...lightened up race cars....track dogs.....
They always fall on the street in street trim...
I live in a fairly posh neighborhood, but the mustangs around here are slow, especially the Mach's....the only modded ones it seems are the 03-04 Cobras, and they are mostly all dyno queens...have a couple in low 11's, but they have $15K in mods...
My GTO beats up on a lot of stuff here on the street, and the Cobra guys hate it....I have beaten 3 blown/modded Cobras so far and looking for more....
My attitude comes from people chiming in and making stupid comments, OR comparing apples to oranges....raced out no back seat slick and skinnie mustang to stock GTO with a bottle...and I would still gladly race him for $$$ on the street...

7 pages of thread...pertty cool....
Dude your an idiot, If you want to race me for money bring your **** down here and we will go at it.. Street strip it doesn't matter to me I race both.. How is my car stripped down, wow I took the back seats out and spare and jack.. Woopty doo.. Don't get mad because your car is slow.. I'll put my street tires on and still whoop you on the bottle.. If all of them up there are slow as you say, they are some no driving ***** up there... Thats all I have to say..

Last edited by dan03mach; 04-18-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

What does you living in a "fairly posh neighboorhood" have to do with ANYTHING previously mentioned in this thread? And just for the record, my car is stock weight, minus the spare (had to put my bottle somewhere) So if you ever wanna run, bottle to bottle, I would love to take your money sometime if your ever in TX.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

This thread really has turned to ****. Unsubscribing.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SDB
I ran a 13.5 @103 NA btw...

SDB
Funny how you say what an incredible driver you are, but you could only manage a 13.5 @ 103 mph???

The GOOD drivers are getting 13.1X @ 105 - 106 mph...

Originally Posted by SDB

My attitude comes from people chiming in ... and comparing apples to oranges....raced out no back seat slick and skinnie mustang to stock GTO with a bottle...
Seems like a valid comparison to me, since neither are "stock" anymore.

You added a 150-shot of "hp-in-a-bottle" to go mid 12's, and I dropped some weight & gained traction to go low 12's...
Old 04-19-2005, 09:37 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

no one at my track has beaten 13.5 so far that I have seen, with most in the low 14's...and mine is an auto...you dragged out your hilbilly mustang to race at the track...while your changing tires and pulling your back seat out and whatever other weight reduction you do, i am making runs and having fun in a luxury car...
Old 04-19-2005, 12:02 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by SDB
no one at my track has beaten 13.5 so far that I have seen, with most in the low 14's...and mine is an auto...you dragged out your hilbilly mustang to race at the track...while your changing tires and pulling your back seat out and whatever other weight reduction you do, i am making runs and having fun in a luxury car...
Luxury car my *** Son that car isn't a Lexus, BMW, Bens, Jag, Ect.. It's a damn GTO.. What's so luxury about it?? It has racing seats in it from factory.. Your track must suck and so do the drivers.. You bring up that your car is an auto.. I know alot about ls1's since almost all of my friends has them and we work on them all the time.. The auto with a nice stall in it will kick a 5 or 6 speed in the nuts every time.. So don't try to make the point that your slower because you have an auto because that **** don't fry.. I was at my friends race shop last night and they had an 04 GTO up there and they just got finished putting on a new High flow catted mid pipe on there and catback exhaust then dyno the car.. the car only made 287 rwhp and 309 rwtq.. It was and auto too.. I dyno'd my car last night as well and it made 310 rwhp and 323 rwtq.. BTW when I go to the track I drive it there on my race rims and the seats are already out.. Remember they are drag radials street leagal tires.. But you can have all the fun you want racing your so called Luxury car, But I will be at the finished line waiting on you to get there..
Old 04-21-2005, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Yeah well your so confident in your gto. A: they suck..oversized cavalier with a v8 compensated with a bottle. B: I know plenty of cars in fort wayne that will take it down. and C: Dean won the race between your friends supercharged vette, which btw is a waste of money on that car. Dont come here and say he won cause we got the video of it and will post it if ya need it. Dean probably doesnt apprectiate you sayin he lost cause that mustang will rape a lot of cars at halls. Next time make sure no one has a camera when you say who won.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SDB
I drive it like I leased it!

beat another 03 Cobra last night and a WRX (not even close)...the red Cobra with the younger asian kid in it...had it done at Livernois, and it put down 495 rwhp on their Mustang Dyno....beat him from a 30 kick up to 100 where we shut off...

SDB

btw the asian kid was pulling on you with three people in the car. And i remember him being in front of you when we got done racing. You cant claim to win if you pick the end of the race to suit you. Keep talkin trash and we will keep posting of your losses. (We have three people that verify the cobra won and then SDB saying he won).....
Old 04-21-2005, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SDB
Its funny when people on the internet can't drive and call BS on good times....its great. I get 1.59 short times on 315-35-17 DR's with stock 10 bolt, 3.23 gears, and 3400 stall that had a bad stator...in a Camaro that weighed just about 4000 lbs.

Had a 1990 vette that ran 1.56-1.57 short times on a test n tune night at Muncie, with the same tires...people couldn't believe it. Practice practice practice...

What is really funny is how the same people with say stuff likle "my friend has a bone stock 99 Camaro with lid, headers, catback, and 150 shot and runs 10.60's all day long" Yeah, sure he does. Unless the car weighs 2900 lbs and has 4.33 gears and 28 in tires it aint gonna happen.

The GTO is getting much respect in my town...only my buddy in the Z06 has beaten me on the street... I have killed two modded WRX STI's, one modded WRX (non STI), Porsche 944 (slowest car ever made and worst driver ever), two modded 03-04 Cobras, BMW M5, several modded LT1 cars, LS1 cars, and lots of other slower cars,
OH..Everybody bow down to mister badass!! Every one hates you and talks behind your back. You want respect stop talkin trash in "your town". I guess the rest of us just get by living in "your town". Btw race that supercharged z06 and prepare to get spanked! NO MORE LIES!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:34 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BWH2003
OH..Everybody bow down to mister badass!! Every one hates you and talks behind your back. You want respect stop talkin trash in "your town". I guess the rest of us just get by living in "your town". Btw race that supercharged z06 and prepare to get spanked! NO MORE LIES!
you must be one of the little punk ricer kids I yelled at....
I never said the supercharged vette won against Dean, siad it was close...Dean got him by about a car at the quarter...I beat the red cobra on a kick, ask teh asian kid...I will gladly race him on 30 from a dead stop, and bring your camera....you obviously don't have a fast car since your so busy videotaping other races! I will beat 99% of the cars at Halls with my daily drvier...and my Camaro should be out in a few weeks to take of the other 1% I will GLADLY race the supercharged vette in my GTO from a dead stop, should be a good race...I just want to see him race someone...I called him out, my buddy in the stock Z06 called him out, etc. I want to race Dean on teh street to see how close it will be, but he will obviously win, but I like being the underdog at times. Your ***** must really hurt since I yelled at all the import ***** and told them they weren't allowed to race anymore. Funny, if everyone talks behind my back, that shows what kind of cool guys they are...I'll look for some littl fuckstick with a camera to make fun of at halls....
Old 04-21-2005, 11:48 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

hey I know...lets see some video's of my GTO racing some red 03 Cobra, silver procharged Zo6, and Dean...I will like to see them on the net...win or loose...but I will beat the red Cobra, probably beat the vette, and loose to the orange Cobra...you can "verify" with your three boyfriends all you want, I beat the red Cobra on a kick...period. He may have passed me when I let off at 100 on Coliseum! You must really hate having a slow car and a video camera...hell I'll give you $20 to follow us around and tape us (us being the real guys who actually race, not who puss out with a bunch of excuses).
Old 04-22-2005, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Um, well Dean said that his car has the same power as the silver vette and well if he will beat you so will the vette. Who said I owned a ricer and who gives you a right to yell at them and tell them they cant race? Oh my bad i forgot "your town" comes in again. I forgot anyone slower then you cant race cause your god and all. I own a v8 and I have been up their when your running your mouth so dont talk to me like im a little rice boy, cause there you go again running your mouth with the little info you have. Im the most anti ricer person you will ever meet.

Btw i was in little asian kids car I dont follow him around, well unless im driving my car which im perfectly happy with. And dont try pullin out the lets race bull crap. I know my car will lose to a lot but it will also win a lot too but i dont go around acting like a moron asking everyone to race then posting I won and talk trash about it. So lets grow up a little bit. Dont try to get away with the "I beat a orange cobra" headlines anymore.

THX!