Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I ran a gixxer 750 today, [vid]

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in more straightforward terms, you are not god, we are not going to all run around and call bullshit on every bike/car race in which the car wins simply because you told us it is impossible...basically, no one cares, go away
Old 04-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by balkanbusa
a kill is a kill
BUT THAT MORON HAS NO CLUE!!!!!!
not even tucked!!!!he cant ride for ****,sorry.
and for someone writing he holds back 750s with 430whp!!WHAT A SHITLOAD OF CRAP!!!!OMG!!!
either he wasnt trying or he has no clue.that wheelie means nothing.
500hp is not enough,sorry.
what an idiot on that bike,he makes bikes that run 10.5s off the showroom floor(with so,so riders)look slow.
i dont search no excuses,but DAMN,that was not a 600,its a ****** 750.0-120mph in like 8seconds stock,your vette wont do that,sorry.
but again,a kill is a kill.
that sucker should bring his bike back to the dealership and stick with an 125cc bike.what a ***...
How good of a rider were you when you started out? My guess is pretty shitty. You don't know anything about the situation other than the bike lost. Bikes lose, get over it and get used to it. With the increasing number of 400+hp cars being produced and the increase in personal wealth, you're gonna see a large number of those cars being upgraded and a large number of bikes being spanked. Cars are getting faster at a greater rate than bikes.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Teching In

ok
WOW,what a great race.even if it was obviously a very experienced rider and he was full on it,he lost to that vette.its a fact that a 750gsxr can do nothing to a 500rwhp car.since we have it on vid now,its a proved fact.
should i have rsponded like that,or what?
even an unexperienced rider brings a 750gixxer in high 10s through the 1/4,no mag bullshit here.i just mentioned that this rider was a chump.i didnt call bs,i said a kill is a kill.
so,great kill,move on.and im away(atleast for today),and no,im not going to chime in at every bike/car race and call bs.
but if someone posts he beat a busa with his bolton ls1 by a few buslenghts,then ill chime in.ill be the first to raise the flagg.
so sorry,no offend to anyone,just posted my opinion,i owned a ls1 z28 with boltons my self,at least i was a ls1dude.
cheers
Old 04-11-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
haha seriously. I think it is very possible to beat bikes, and I have done so many times. A huge mistake many people make while looking at a story on a forum is to assume that both cars (or bikes) in the race were run to their full potential, which is definately not the case a large majority of the time. Some people just suck at driving (or take it easy due to a clutch or rear-end, etc) ... other times the car has issues (until just recently, i've been driving around with a pig rich a/f ratio, a vacumm leak, and eating a ton of oil) .... many times gearing, the persons individual setup, and even the driver's disregard for other peoples lives (i.e. someone who is willing to stick in it longer when there is a big curve coming up), all can come into play bigtime. Especially when talking about bikes, there are not many people who can ride their bike to it's full potential (or even close in some cases), especially when you get to the higher cc bikes.

Dyno numbers and even track times don't always show the full story.

balkanbusa - please go back to playing in the sandbox with the other 3rd graders, and leave the discussions up to big boys.

I totally agree with you. The thing that makes no sense is people are so quick to say the bike rider wasn't riding to his full potential. Who the **** cares? My car wasn't driven to its full potential either. When is there ever a race where both vehicles are driven by professional drivers/riders? Probably 20% or less. Theres room for improvement in 90% of the situations that come up, so its not worth talking about. Where I come from, when two vehicles line up, whoever makes it to the finish line first wins. I thought that was common knowledge, but apparently theres a new rule. If the bike rider isn't a professional rider, it doesn't count and it needs to be discussed to its fullest.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Busa boy.......How about a race with my boy Tony's 63 split window Vet
Its got 4 wheels and only runs in the 7's....in the 1/4
7.63 best with a 632 all motor or a 66 Nova (8.20s)

750s running in the 10s are RARE (except in the MAGS).....call it rider or bike its hard to ride A 750 in the 10s. My ZX9r ran a 10.80 with a 1.65 60' and the CBR 10.50........neither bike had problems with 750s
Not saying its impossible.........just haven't seen it at the track!
Busa= 9.80s no problem
Old 04-11-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
I totally agree with you. The thing that makes no sense is people are so quick to say the bike rider wasn't riding to his full potential. Who the **** cares? My car wasn't driven to its full potential either. When is there ever a race where both vehicles are driven by professional drivers/riders? Probably 20% or less. Theres room for improvement in 90% of the situations that come up, so its not worth talking about. Where I come from, when two vehicles line up, whoever makes it to the finish line first wins. I thought that was common knowledge, but apparently theres a new rule. If the bike rider isn't a professional rider, it doesn't count and it needs to be discussed to its fullest.
LOL..............If you can't drive it don't buy it
You even have it on video......what more could you ask for???????
Give it up 750 got spanked!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice kill No need for me to restate the fact that the rider of the bike sucked, but as it has been said as well... a kill is a kill. You won, fair and square, nice kill
Old 04-12-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

and for someone writing he holds back 750s with 430whp!!WHAT A SHITLOAD OF CRAP!!!!OMG!!!
either he wasnt trying or he has no clue.that wheelie means nothing.
500hp is not enough,sorry.
what an idiot on that bike,
I think everyone knows who the idiot is......

You are preachin to tha choir a-hole, nobody cares about the BS you are telling them. I know you full-o-**** and so do they.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AmMscl
750s running in the 10s are RARE (except in the MAGS).....call it rider or bike its hard to ride A 750 in the 10s. My ZX9r ran a 10.80 with a 1.65 60' and the CBR 10.50........neither bike had problems with 750s
Not saying its impossible.........just haven't seen it at the track!
Busa= 9.80s no problem
750's are mid 10 bikes in reality, not just the mags. If ya wanna quote mag times then i'm gonna start calling my R6 a 9 second bike. The current crop of 600's will run 10's with a rider (there's a mod on here that has done it, i hope to be there by october). The 750's are mid 10's. And i just witnessed a brand new (read ZERO miles) bone stock gixxer 1K go 9.95 at 140+ a couple weeks ago.

Bottom line...they aren't "magazine times" when people that aren't getting paid to run 'em can turn the number.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlueSix
750's are mid 10 bikes in reality, not just the mags. If ya wanna quote mag times then i'm gonna start calling my R6 a 9 second bike. The current crop of 600's will run 10's with a rider (there's a mod on here that has done it, i hope to be there by october). The 750's are mid 10's. And i just witnessed a brand new (read ZERO miles) bone stock gixxer 1K go 9.95 at 140+ a couple weeks ago.

Bottom line...they aren't "magazine times" when people that aren't getting paid to run 'em can turn the number.
And GSXR should run high 9s with a good rider, but I noticed your sig said you have a R6 that runs 11.9s @ 122. My Z ran a 12.20 @120 on radials...not a whole lot on room for error between us.......agree? Could go either way!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Teching In

obviously with some more track time he will hit low 11s on that r6.thanks good here are some people who know what a bike will run.even eith no pro riding it.puuh
Old 04-12-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AmMscl
And GSXR should run high 9s with a good rider, but I noticed your sig said you have a R6 that runs 11.9s @ 122. My Z ran a 12.20 @120 on radials...not a whole lot on room for error between us.......agree? Could go either way!
Should i mention that my 60' was a 2.4? Did you read that it was my first time at the track with a bike? If ya wanna come up to KC and run 'em i'll be more than happy to take you every time. I'm also getting lowered and strapped soon. You wouldn't stand a chance after those mods.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:21 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand ... whats with the attitude? You bike guys are acting like someone personally insulted your girlfriend or something.

The kill was on video ... the rider obviously did a half wheelie in the beginning, and was hanging right there the whole time. It was pretty apparent he is not a great rider, but he was definately racing, and he lost. I don't understand what the big deal is?
Old 04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Teching In

actually the car guys(im half car/half bike guy)tend to feel insulted if someone says:ok,youve beaten a bike but with a decent rider youve had be crushed.the thruth is,those riders in the vids suck bad obviously.and if a r1 cannot walk a 400whp car,then goodnight.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlueSix
Should i mention that my 60' was a 2.4? Did you read that it was my first time at the track with a bike? If ya wanna come up to KC and run 'em i'll be more than happy to take you every time. I'm also getting lowered and strapped soon. You wouldn't stand a chance after those mods.
Sure and then you'll come over here to SoCal, so my CBR 929 can hand you your a$$ in the canyons (with it lowered and strapped)
Old 04-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Teching In

ammscl i regularly BEAT THE **** OUT OF 929CBRS(friemd has one).
HAHAHAAHHAHA
JUST JOKIN,SORRY
Old 04-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Am I gonna have to go find the video of a Viper taking on a couple (maybe just one...) Busa's and another bike?

Also, BlueSix... the way I read AmMscl's comment, it didn't seem that he was knocking you at all, just commenting on the time in your sig and what he's run. I really don't see the need for you to jump out in the manor you did.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Teching In

thread starter,please post the vid where you raced that 750.thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bubba_Goat
Also, BlueSix... the way I read AmMscl's comment, it didn't seem that he was knocking you at all, just commenting on the time in your sig and what he's run. I really don't see the need for you to jump out in the manor you did.
I didn't jump, I responded.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

ammscl i regularly BEAT THE **** OUT OF 929CBRS(friemd has one).
HAHAHAAHHAHA
JUST JOKIN,SORRY
I said "canyons" and Busas...suck in the canyons.......you can't deny that!
Busa has it limits too