Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deffered adjudication,
english please
Old 04-27-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they didnt do **** to him as long as he stays clean for 3 months. happens in the navy all the time, called a suspended bust.

when i was in pcola an instructer was harassing a student, and he went and saw the co, and instead of busting him down and kicking him out, they gave him a 6 month suspended bust. so as long as he was good for 6 months, he was good to go. lil bastard.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

i see...that makes much more sense now haha
Old 04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by landonew
Racing is BAD. Just kidding, but i did get pulled over the other day while racing. Cop let me off with 90 in a 55. 277 dolars later and a deffered adjudication, i gaurantee i wont be racing anyone for at least 3 months,(thats how long the record has to stay clean for them to drop the ticket of your driving history)
Lucky you, here 30mph over the speed limit is reckless driving which is just as bad as a racing ticket plus they can(if cop is a dick) arrest you on the spot so even if the cop was nice and only gave a 90 in a 55 your still fucked.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

same in va...
Old 04-28-2005, 03:00 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i might have a race coming up with an Evo that supossedly has a few mods. he's already beaten a pretty much stock auto ls1 z28 by like a fender at 120.

i plan on running him from zero and have an idea that this kid doesnt know his elbo from is *******. my question is this, what kinda 60's do those cars turn? think he can move out harder than me on 315 nittos w/ 4.11's in a 12 bolt?
Old 04-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Launching!

I know the EVO and the STi are VERY close to pulling the same 60'. I have pulled consistant 1.7 60'. The stock is pulling a 4.6 or so 0-60mph. It's still tough to do, but very possible. What mods does he have? Looking at what you have it will be damn close. You should be maybe a fender or two behind since he does have the AWD and mods, but not really noticable in my opinion. In the 1/4 my guess is you'll get him at the end.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:55 AM
Launching!

Ohhh guess what guys. It happened again this morning. I was driving on the highway and I spotted a camaro comming up the on ramp. So I slow down so he can catch up. He slowly passes me and I notice it's a V6. So I was like ehhh what ever, not gonna wate my time. Well, this guy takes off doing maybe 95-100 down the highway. I was like okay I'll show this guy what's up(not to be a ricer or anything). So I wait to pull out since I was boxed in after he passed. So I pull out and fly up to him. We were already maybe 20 over the limit, so I pull into the slow lane. I expected him to slow up and match up against me. Well I was wrong, he just gassed it and took off while I was slowing down to a respectable speed. So I just ended up doing the limit, but every time I started to get closer he just took off. What is that?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:05 AM
TECH Junkie

he was slow and knew it.

blur: how well can you launch? good i hope w/ the 12 bolt and 4.10s. make sure your all heated up, and you should have no problem. awd helps alot, but when he is next to you and hears your rpms rise to 5k as your waiting...i bet itll psych him out lol. i raced numerous awd cars (tt 3000gt's/stealths. evo's...) and they normally get me by a lil outta the hole, but not by anything extreme, and nothing i cant/dont make up
Old 04-28-2005, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 777
you have to remember it is still a neon and "most" people (other than people that know what they are capable of) won't give you the time of day even though you may put a whoopin on them...just like if i wanted to race a ferrari...i have a good chance at beating most of them but who is going to give a formula the time of day when it is some rich punk with his $100-200k car that thinks he is king of the world
hahah whats funny is i chased down an older lambo and he actually raced me, i beat the crap out of him and the guy was like wtf motor is in there? im like ls1 he had no idea what i was talking about, hehe.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hourang
hahah whats funny is i chased down an older lambo and he actually raced me, i beat the crap out of him and the guy was like wtf motor is in there? im like ls1 he had no idea what i was talking about, hehe.
well i guess it doesn't work for all people
Old 04-28-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MaSTi
Ohhh guess what guys. It happened again this morning. I was driving on the highway and I spotted a camaro comming up the on ramp. So I slow down so he can catch up. He slowly passes me and I notice it's a V6. So I was like ehhh what ever, not gonna wate my time. Well, this guy takes off doing maybe 95-100 down the highway. I was like okay I'll show this guy what's up(not to be a ricer or anything). So I wait to pull out since I was boxed in after he passed. So I pull out and fly up to him. We were already maybe 20 over the limit, so I pull into the slow lane. I expected him to slow up and match up against me. Well I was wrong, he just gassed it and took off while I was slowing down to a respectable speed. So I just ended up doing the limit, but every time I started to get closer he just took off. What is that?
a person that owns a v6 camaro and drives like that is a kid...most kids are stupid...that's what you get...i wouldn't even waste my time if i were you...you did the right thing by just doing the limit and not bothering with him/her
Old 04-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Launching!

I never race anoyone that drives like that. i tend to keep it somewhat respectable while racing. I guess that means I don't race in heavy traffic, or weave in and out of it. I also tend to keep it in te lower triple digits. If I do end up pushing my car, I make sure it's some what controlled enviorment.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

yea, i hate it when people try to race me in traffic. im traffic is way up in front, ill give them a taste. but thats all. and then they wanna keep going to the bitter end and weave through some cars and stuff.. no way jose. thats not me, i dont try and squeeze in b/t cars. i know when enough is enough. do you know how shitty it would make me feel if i caused someone to wreck or something? that would eat me up forever. lol
Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Racing is traffic is kind of pointless and riskier. It is better to wait until there is an open stretch of pavement where you can actually hold the WOT for a little bit.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
i might have a race coming up with an Evo that supossedly has a few mods. he's already beaten a pretty much stock auto ls1 z28 by like a fender at 120.

i plan on running him from zero and have an idea that this kid doesnt know his elbo from is *******. my question is this, what kinda 60's do those cars turn? think he can move out harder than me on 315 nittos w/ 4.11's in a 12 bolt?
When do you want to run me Blur. I need a race man! You almost have to beg for races here in setx! Ha Ha
Old 04-28-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like to start with a compliment, even if you dont like their car, or dont know anything about it, a simple "nice car, man" will disarm your would be opponent and possibly get him interested in a friendly race. A rev will get their attention usually and force them to look over, I prefer if I can verbally compliment the other guys car, but if the windows are not open a simple thumbs up will usually do the trick. From there, you can ask if they want to run em real quick, or simply point forward with a curiously excited expression. You can hold up three fingers for a three honk, or offer them the initial hit, just use your judgement as far as finding a gesture to convey the message of "you go first". If its a grossly unfair start, or if someone obviously misses a gear, its courteous to slow back down and let him regain composure. This has been done for me and I appreciated it greatly. Unless theres money on the line, winning against someone who misses a shift, etc. makes for a hollow victory. Another compliment is also nice after the race, win, lose or draw. Anything from "shes quick, good luck with the car!" to "Damn that ******'s fast!" to simply "nice run, man, thanks". Its nice to be able to spot someone youve raced previously and say, "thats a cool dude, car really surprised me" when your cruising with you buddies. I like to believe he'll he telling his friends samething similar when he spots me around town. Or just to be able to give a friendly nod or salute as you pass in opposite directions. It dosnt always work that way, especially since most guys my age are inherantly ********. However going out of your way to be friendly and courteous to even the most archrival of enemies goes a long way. Im left with a good feeling everytime i pull up to a stockish GT at a light, and ill look over and see the GT driver's arms straighten out and muscles tense up with adrenaline as if his life depends on the upcoming race, ill just say "nice car, it sounds great!" He'll be taken by surprise and smile, and try and stammer out something like , oh nice car too man. If he wants to race at that point usually he'll mention it, otherwise no sense picking on the mustang, just drive away slowly and enjoy the sound of his exhaust as he enjoys yours.

-T
Old 04-28-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Tru dat ^^ Opportunity races are fairly rare for me too. I use the small rev or thumbs up move if there's no traffic ahead myself. I've had lots of chances to run someone when the traffic was heavier but I won't take that route. Most of my best races come from preset runs staged up here or at one of the hangouts. What I really love are the ones that come by word of mouth from someone I've run or that has watched me run. I've had folks come over 100 miles to run me. I haven't lost to one of those yet. The races have been close but in my favor so far.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
throw 'em a rev!

most people won't look over because they are shy or somthing. i'll run anybody out there, i'm always looking for an excuse to lay into it also not too worried about getting spanked, i enjoy seeing a fast car move out
Oh well there we go, Blur. I didn't read this statement at first...but now it's on!
Quote: "i'll run anybody out there, i'm always looking for an excuse to lay into it also not too worried about getting spanked"
Old 04-28-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ohhh and what's up with the 3rd gen camaros who think they are the shiz?
Well some of us know we are the shiz so what is worse? Most people that play like that are just to afraid to run you because you will kick the crap out of them. I have it happen alot. Hell I had a nice street bike pull that crap too. The bad part it he almost hit a car. lol