TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not accepting anything.
that **** aint mopar. its a skittle
Old 04-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BSRMotorsports
I asked the workers (40-50's) and they seem to think the same thing I do, its Mopar, like it or not, times change, just need to accept it.

Brad
And there you go..... You've got Mopar calling the SRT-4 Mopar. You got "Mopar Muscle Magazine" saying it's from "Ma Mopar", and you have the guys who work on it calling it Mopar....

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
im not accepting anything.
that **** aint mopar. its a skittle
No one is forcing you to accept anything. Heck many people still believe Elvis Presley is a rancher somewhere in Texas and Tupac Shakur is downing 40's will Biggie Small in Jamaica.....

Remember nobody can force you to accept anything.....

SANTA lives!!!!!!

BTW, my eyes aren't so good, can anyone tell me what emblems are on these skittles??

Old 04-30-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man that thing is fugly
Old 04-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, i am impressed. You guys spend a lot of time reading about neons, im guessing you got beat by one so you have to find some way to get revenge. Do ya think the same of the Cobalts, or is that true 15 sec muscle. Im not saying my car is fast and the best but get over it. LS1 guys are cool but there is some average LS1 **** heads in here. Your cars are no where near the old chevy big blocks but its still a camaro right? or do you deny? Mopar doesnt mean it has to have over 400hp, its just a company that makes dodge upgrades, and I think I went to a dodge dealership to buy my DODGE NEON. Sorry to break the news but its MOPAR, even though its nowhere near the charger.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

our cars might not come with the big cubes the old bbc's did...but the tradition is still here. jackass. how the hell does a skittle follow the mopar tradition?
Old 04-30-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

oh, and just to be clear. i have yet to lose to a neon.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
our cars might not come with the big cubes the old bbc's did...but the tradition is still here. jackass. how the hell does a skittle follow the mopar tradition?
Your the certain LS1 ********* im talking about. Damn you sure are pretty **** about it, I think you did lose to a neon thats why your so angry. How does your car keep the tradition, im not saying its not but just out of curiousity, what keeps a tradition. A neon is not like the old muscle cars but its MOPAR because mopar said its MOPAR. so dude just get over it and live your life, and stay away from the neons, LOL.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

well, for the record, i dont appreciate being called a ********. ive mearly voiced my opinion on how skittles arent mopar. and there is nothing you can do to convince me. you can tell me how you engine is made by mopar, show me magazines, ****..you can have the lead designer call me..and that **** still wont be mopar to me. and guess what, theres nothing you can do about it. if you dont like it, dont listen to me.

and, how about this. if your skittle is so fast, why dont you drive your lil skittle down to va beach, and lets set something up? i have plenty of people around here that can vouch for me (talking about me not losing to a neon before).Whenever you're ready. or if you're not sure if you can do it, go on one of your skittle forums and find a guy with a blue stage 2 skittle thats around here, and if you cant find him, theres also another heavily modded black skittle around here too.

and if for some weird reason i lose...then i lose. you know what will happen? i will go and mod some more, and then come back and do it all over again. but your skittle still wont be mopar to me.

im not sure how this turned into cars being fast or what not, or people losing to who..but whatever. this was about skittles not being mopar.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

on the last post I said " I am not saying my car is fast". Sorry to break the news to you but you are the LS1, guys with the big heads. Dude why are you wasting your time on a car you dont own. You are not worth me driving so far, but trust me buddy I am not scared to run you, I have ran some Ls1's over here in houston, all in fun, but people with big heads like you get are not worth the time. Man you sure are childish. Grow up man, and get a real car. lol
Old 04-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

heres a vid of a "MOPAR" neon running a real car. lol

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=20
Old 04-30-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it's one thing I've learned about being on this site, whenever a thread has 4-5+ pages, someone is fighting.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

lol, thats true, or someone is just ignorant. lol
Old 04-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Teching In

you cant ask the people who make the car if its a mopar, of course they will agree with you..they want to get paid. It's not a mopar, plain and simple. Also, i dont consider any front wheel drive car, no matter how fast and how much HP it puts out, muscle.

Last edited by shouup; 04-30-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

Smile Well... Maybe I could have something to say on that matter....

Ya know, since I started this thread and everything. If I would have known it would have been one big bitch fit I would have started it along time ago. Haha! Personally I can vouch for 99Formula, I'm not the quickest thing on the beach, but I definitely respect his car. (Don't worry, Your time's comin' ) And I don't think any "lightly" modded srt-4 could even keep up, let alone offer potential for a race. As for me, I don't necessarily understand all the fighting about whether or not that skittle is mopar. It seems to be a matter of opinion...(any real musclecar man vs. someone driving a skittle) lol j/k. Honestly though, like 99Formula said... If it wins it wins, if it loses it loses. May the best car win. No excuses. No complaints. Keep Burnin. See ya on the streets.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Junkie

speaking of see ya on the streets...i saw you earlier i think justin. and since mr. mopar is changing his story...ill copy and paste..

mr mopar said: "im guessing you got beat by one ..."

and now i dont have a 'real' car? if your car is the 'real' one, why not run me in my 'un-real' car ?

and i wasnt trying to fight with anyone, but he is trying to stick up for skittles, and if i was in a fight sticking up for ls1's...i would def show the other guy whats up
Old 04-30-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KITT
Grow up man, and get a real car. lol
Telling an LS1 owner to get a real car when you drive a Neon...

To quote the late, great Sheriff Bufford T. Justice of Texas: "What the hell is the world comin' to?"

I have a bottle of Coke that has more liters than your motor, bro. You can defend a Neon all you want, they make good power for a little 4-banger, but you revoked your right to tell any LS1 owner to get a real car when you bought a Skittle.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"Fast is as Fast Does." - Mama
Old 04-30-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

lol@that^
Old 04-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BSRMotorsports
Well, I just got back from Chrysler powertrain testing facility and I have to say that the Neon SRT4 drivtrain is built tested by the same people that do the work on the pro stock, nascar, new Hemi(which is a joke by the way), and I asked the workers (40-50's) and they seem to think the same thing I do, its Mopar, like it or not, times change, just need to accept it.

Brad
yup and considering with a good driver she'll do 13s bone stock out of the factory it's got the power to back it up.

Oh and to the haters....you're right, we drive neons... the SRT's are fast enough to cause big problems for GT's, 350z's, EVO's (from a roll), as well as STi's, and Cobra's (with a few mods). Those are proven facts, I'll gladly post video proof where available... but I doubt that'd do any good convincing you guys of anything.

Do we think our cars are better than all of those? No in fact most of us appreciate those cars, and get along well with the owners... Yes there are some ignorant people that think SRT's are 4 door Vipers, but they aren't the majority. The funny thing is, the main reason those people act out the way they do is because of people like you that refuse to give us any respect despite what our car is capable of. It’s ugly, it’s cheap, it’ll blow up… we’ve been hearing that since before the car was available. For an “ugly” car they sure don’t have a hard time selling them, they ARE inexpensive and it shows in the interior, and unless you do something stupid while modding, it won’t blow up… The engine & drivetrain were designed around running the Mopar stage-3 turbo upgrade without losing drivability or reliability, and no other mods. Stage-3 nets 310whp on pump gas, and 360 whp on race gas (it has a separate fuel curve for race gas). That’s good for low 12’s… not bad for $3600. 500whp on stock internals seems to be the absolute limit… there are a few running 450 to 480 whp (on about $3500 with an aftermarket upgraded turbo) and after a few thousand miles, still no problems, mid to low 11’s for 26/28k total… what a fagmobile

Don’t believe me? Well lets see... it’s got a hefty cast iron block with a closed deck and a split crank case… well made aluminum pistons, forged & cracked rods with high strength rod bolts, and a crankshaft/bedplate combo capable of supporting 1000hp in stock form on the Mopar SRT-4 drag car. 360whp is well within the design constraints, 450+ is pushing it… but doable. I’d say the engine at least is well made… I happen to like the looks, and the fact it's domestic. You’re entitled to feel however you want about it, but do yourself a favor and get to know the facts before you start hating, otherwise you just make yourself and others like you look bad.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear they go through Transmission's like it's there job (classic dodge piece of **** transmission) even in stock form