Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

12 point ticket for watching?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 05:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They had a big local street racing bust around here and over 100 people got spectator tickets, each ticket was for $150.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a ******* joke. I hope everything works out for you man.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:10 AM
SPAM HUNTER

THIS WAS WAY BACK!!!!...but yeah i got off free...police didnt file a police report...so 2 of us got off free...12 got 500+ fines and 4 points...another 2 got somthing else i dont know what thought!

Dustin
Old 10-18-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
All street racign tickets are "open for interpretation". they change the damn laws every 2 months. A fellow Syclone owner here got a street racing ticket even though the cop admitted there was no one to race. He had to get a lawyer to get out of it, which he did, but it cost him 2K. They just changed the law again to say that it counts as street racing if your racing by yourself, they count that as racing the clock.

WTF, thats here in scottsdale? or would it be exibition of speed?
Old 10-18-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kenp
I think you missed the point. The mistaken statement has been made that you must necessarily be involved in a "moving" violation for it to affect your license. DUI is just an illuminating example of how that is incorrect. And you can be cited if you were stone cold sober when you parked your car, but inibriated when you reentered the car but never put the keys in the ignition to move it and passed out in the back seat. It merely is an indicator that a legislative body sets the standard of behavior that is violative of the law and also the punitive measures you may suffer as a result of a violation of the law - by statute. Now if there are constitutional issues and you want to spend the family legacy fighting in court for the next 5 years, be my guest.

Your statements would indicate that you have little or no experience in a court of law either as a plaintiff or defendant.

Oh, and most states do have a thing called wreckless driving which isn't necessarily connected to actual speed versus speed limit and how you get to the speed limit just might constitute wreckless driving. It's just basically driving in a manner that may endanger you or another person. Some might even call it driving while stupid. I can't say whether or not the policeman is right in this particular instance because I don't know the specific statute or ordinance under which the citation is couched - and don't want to know. But if this scenario is factual, this is serious and one must necessarily keep one's eye on the ball and not get distracted by ancillary issues. Filing a complaint against the officer at this point might just inflame the situation and make a deal for a lessor charge or having the charges dropped impossible or much more difficult. Level heads need to prevail. Get a good attorney, play nice, pay the price, and try to behave until this is settled. Your life will be much easier if you do. Retaliate thoughtlessly - and you'll likely regret it.

Talk is cheap. Entanglement with the justice system as a defendant is not. Now I'm finished here. Do what you want.
Thats why you file the complain after your ticket has been dealt with
Old 10-18-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

whoops, holy old thread batman, lol.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Teching In

i was watching a race between my cousin in his 03 cobra and some guy's trans am when the cop showed up. the cop showed up about a min after they went by so we know he saw them, but then he saw me and a group of people standing at the finish line so he came and talked to us. he asked us if we had seen a mustang and a camaro racing all we said is that we saw a couple of mini vans go by really fast. he just let us all go after that. Of course the cop would have not been able to chase them the cop cars around here top out at 114. Plus all of us were friend with the cop. The cops around here a pretty cool for the most part, I am only 18 and the cops let us drink as long as we don’t do anything stupid and plus most of them are lazy. They let me off quite a few time for putting my z28 sideways on the highway
Old 10-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Teching In

I got one a few years back but in was here in CA. All I did was plea no contest and the ticket came to I can't remember how much was it exaclty, it's been a while but it was less then 80 bucks. My ticket was for watching/aiding illegal street racing. He gave like at least 10+ cars that same ticket.
I recommend you wait til someone that was there that also got a ticket goes first talk to them to see what happend to there case. If it's just a small fee go and pay the fine if you find out he's in deep sh*t well then I would recommend a lawyer. Good luck!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 PM
PBB
Teching In

If you were in Colorado when you got busted, good luck fighting that ticket. CO Cops have the option of handing out 12 point citations to spectators and 24 point citations to drivers. Yes it's BS, but it's been state law for several years now.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
WTF, thats here in scottsdale? or would it be exibition of speed?
In Arizona, the last time I checked for a buddy of mine, the law stated that a drag racing ticket is defined as a "compition of speed between two vehicles." Now of course that could have changed as laws change all the time and I check 2 years ago.

Most likely if you are by yourself it would be exhibition of speed.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
In Arizona, the last time I checked for a buddy of mine, the law stated that a drag racing ticket is defined as a "compition of speed between two vehicles." Now of course that could have changed as laws change all the time and I check 2 years ago.

Most likely if you are by yourself it would be exhibition of speed.
Thats what I would think.

Then again, their gonna have to catch me to give me a ticket

Old 10-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

can't outrun the motorola...
Old 10-19-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Creman
can't outrun the motorola...
or the helicopters...

I guess as long as I got to the indian reservation first id be safe.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Banned

LOL @ stupidity...
Old 10-20-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Exhibition of speed.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:54 AM
11 Second Club

Some of these cops need to fight real crime
Old 10-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Banned

Sounds like a bullshit ticket. They can give you tickets for anything these days, you could be sleeping in your house, and if people are streetracing on your road, next thing you know you get a ticket

**** the police, get a lawyer and have the whole thing thrown out in court.

Quick Reply: 12 point ticket for watching?