Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Modded LS1 goes down to an RSX???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys i got to say that right now you all acting border line ricer. this is exactly the reason we ls1 owners are gettign a rep for being cocky and thinking our cars are the greates ever. So the guy won waite go buddy nice kill; u were acting a little cocky but no less that other post i seen here where one of us beats a viper or, a lambo or something like that, so u beat a faster car by putting money in ur car, good for u nice kill. Man how many of us put work on our ls1 to make em faster, ha?? so he bought the car he liked he worked on it to make it faster and he beat a faster car whats wrong with that, pls lets not trow the ricer arguments like o how much u pay for that thing o how much was that turbo come on guys thats rice talk. Lets show em why the ls1, and their drivers developed such a great rep in the first place.
By the way man nice kill.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ehemm..

I'm pretty close to CT. I'll run give you a run if your interested some time.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by oojoe24oo
actually my kit was 3k! nice try buddy...

Im sorry I put multiple car lengths on this LS1...Maybe I shouldnt post these things over here since you guys cant take a loss

Cant take a loss? ur the one bragging that u beat a V8....go run into a Cammed or Juiced LS1 and then come and tell us how u did...yea ur car may be "quick" but there have been many stock M6 Camaro's/T/A's running 12.8-13.0 stock...i
Old 05-20-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

This was your typical LS1 - 350hp, probably around 300-315whp....the car weighs 3400 pounds and is a sloppy boat - do you think my car that weighs 600 pounds less with more whp isnt going to pull it ? come on now
You do realize f-bodies are in the same autocross class as the STI's, EVO's etc. and dominate them, right? Sloppy boat? LMAO, his car would outhandle yours on any track out there. Stock.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

I have 78K miles on mine, still running strong and everything works. Its a myth that these cars fall apart after 50K miles. Just pray you never run into me on the street, I wouldn't even turn my bottle on I won't need it
Old 05-20-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zamboxl
ok guys i got to say that right now you all acting border line ricer. this is exactly the reason we ls1 owners are gettign a rep for being cocky and thinking our cars are the greates ever. So the guy won waite go buddy nice kill; u were acting a little cocky but no less that other post i seen here where one of us beats a viper or, a lambo or something like that, so u beat a faster car by putting money in ur car, good for u nice kill. Man how many of us put work on our ls1 to make em faster, ha?? so he bought the car he liked he worked on it to make it faster and he beat a faster car whats wrong with that, pls lets not trow the ricer arguments like o how much u pay for that thing o how much was that turbo come on guys thats rice talk. Lets show em why the ls1, and their drivers developed such a great rep in the first place.
By the way man nice kill.
No, it's that the numbers don't add up. he only traps 113. No way is he going to pull 4 to 5 cars on a modded (now we find out it's only exhaust) LS1. He's exagerating. He probably pulled a car at most. Either that or something else is up with the story. I don't think people realize what 4 to 5 cars is. Not to mention he has the typical ricer attitude about V8's handling and breaking down which is totally false.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ive raced a turbo RSX before and he couldnt beat me. Dont know how much psi he was running though. Still I pulled him.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I had just over 110K on my LT1, and the only problems I had were the clutch and the damn EGR valve causing a SES. Other than that it was fine until I hit a jersey barrier LOL.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dal1as
No, it's that the numbers don't add up. he only traps 113. No way is he going to pull 4 to 5 cars on a modded (now we find out it's only exhaust) LS1. He's exagerating. He probably pulled a car at most. Either that or something else is up with the story. I don't think people realize what 4 to 5 cars is. Not to mention he has the typical ricer attitude about V8's handling and breaking down which is totally false.

maybe his car doesn't have that little "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" message on the mirrors.....

j/k man, don't take it personal.....i'm a joka

RSX's are not bad looking little cars, and you've got a pretty fast one, but they're a little too small for my personal tastes....buy hey, to each their own, that's what makes this country great....
Old 05-20-2005, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Old 05-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Banned

Whats up guys? I ran into a 2000 Camaro LS1 owner last night at a local hangout....Meet up with the LS1 owner.....I ask whats done but hes not too keen on telling me whats up...Hey thats cool I dont care anyways.....From what I saw and heard he had exhaust, I doubt he was cammed or any of that other bullshit.....fast foward to the race....

We hop onto the highway.....Around 45 we punch it....2nd gear Im even.....3rd I start pulling....by about 120 I had like 4-5 cars on the kid.....We did it again and got the same outcome......

I expected more out of a 5.7Liter torque MONSTER! He gave me props for my 2.0 Liter wrong wheel drive grocery getter, and we went out seperate ways....what a night
unless the driver stopped running you you would not put 4-5 cars from 45 to 120 thats total but then again anything can happen during a street race
Old 05-20-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

I wanna start this off by saying that I'm pretty disgusted at what I'm seeing so far in this thread. Listen to yourselves. You all sound like the same whiny ricers that you make fun of constantly. The excuses I'm reading here are pitiful.

Originally Posted by KCamaro
Lol I'd sell my car if I had a turbo with 12psi and was running high twelves...
I wouldn't say much, considering that his car is faster than yours.

Originally Posted by TransAm52804

Originally Posted by 25thAnnivTransAm
Anything with a lopity lope lope will kill you. Good run against a stock ls1
Who cares? He ran a close to stock LS1. If you see a crazy modded F-Body spanking a stock Viper you'll jerk off to it, but a modded RSX spanks a stock LS1 and you bash it? Gimme a break.

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
wow- real races are from a stop- and a "almost" stock ls1 will hang real good in a 1/4 race against a 12.7 car. good kill, you deserve it for all the $ you put into your car.

better watch it on that open deck, wouldn't want to pop it. vortech fmu or rising rate fpr? you're the man. i've never seen anybody strap a turbo on a honduh and think they are fast. .
Two traditional ricer arguments- The good old excuse and money arguments. You sir are a true ricer. Go ahead and buy a 5-foot wing for your car, you've earned it.

How is that. Most stock LS1's trap around 115. Honestly the 113 mph doesn't make sense if he pulled on an LS1 from a roll. Is that an old number maybe? Not calling B.S. but the numbers don't add up. 3 to 5 cars pulled from a car that traps lower???
Stock LS1s trap 115mph? Right. Don't think I need to say anything about this post.

Originally Posted by SSmoked99
Yeah don't think you can beat all of them...It don't matter how fast your are though cuz our LS1's still look a lot better than yours..
Another true ricer argument. "It doesn't matter if you're faster, because my car is prettier". Who cares? If you care about looks that much, you shouldn't be driving a catfish-faced LS1 Camaro.

Originally Posted by z28nbr1fan
And BTW, your on the
Don't tell people who can and cannot post here, the staff will take care of that, thanks.

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
hahahahahaha omg u know whats funny is i raced a turbo'd RSX about 2 weeks ago..it was a orange metalic color...kinda cool...but still fwd and gay...anyways from a 35 punch to about 110ish he was out front by maybe a car to a car and a half and im stock...and he paid, eh lets say 17k+whats a average turbo setup cost about 5-6k? hahaha oh man thats hilarious...nice kill honduh boy.
Another example of the ricer style money argument.

Originally Posted by LSONE

nice work assclown, let us know how it goes once you race a real modded ls1.
Who cares? He killed a stock LS1, that's enough to get recognition on this board.

It's very possible that with a trap speed of 113mph he could have pulled several cars on a stock LS1. Where do you come off totally negating the race? Of course it could happen.

Originally Posted by GregWS6&z28

I can't believe some of the responses I'm reading. You guys need to grow up and give credit where it's due. The original poster is not a troll and did not come into our forum posting a troll-like thread. He stated his kill, talked a little **** (which he earned the right to), and you guys jumped all over him for no reason other than his turbo Honda ate a stock LS1 from a roll. No reason at all to get on him for it.

Fast is fast, and although the car isn't crazy fast, he won the race, and that's everything. Money doesn't matter, looks don't matter, at the end of the confrontation he was the winner. He earned his right to talk a little ****, which he did with the final line of his original post.

Give the man his props and move on.

Nice kill.

Last edited by Vendetta; 05-20-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Nice post Vendetta! Somebody had to say it, glad you did.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:53 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

I meant to say bolt on, whoops. Plenty of M6 cars with full bolt ons trap in the mid to upper teens. The guys numbers do NOT add up. From 45 mph to 120 he is not going to pull 4 to 5 cars. Unless he's trapping 120 or something. Hell, I've raced a bolt on 04 Cobra and he only pulled about 1 to 2 cars on me from similar speeds and he had over 100 hp on me.
What kinda crack you smokin'?

Stock ls1 Fbod: 103-109mph
Bolt-ons: 109-112mph
Old 05-20-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Vendetta....Get real. Post a kill on any other car board implying your ride is somehow > the featured car..... A little hint the reponses will likely be 80% negative. He came her looking to start trouble with the owner he raced, words from the horses mouth. By leaving out his significant mods in the thread title he also knew he would be able to start trouble with a group of ls1 owners calling BS.....
Old 05-20-2005, 10:56 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Vendetta....Get real. Post a kill on any other car board implying your ride is somehow > the featured car..... A little hint the reponses will likely be 80% negative. He came her looking to start trouble with the owner he raced, words from the horses mouth. By leaving out his significant mods in the thread title he also knew he would be able to start trouble with a group of ls1 owners calling BS.....

Joe's stand up. His car runs hard. Probably pulls up top more than all the sorry ***, trash talking, near stock ls1 turds cropping up on this thread.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 59chevyapache
i like on the forum when that jackass with the srt thinks he can beat a 458 rwhp ls1

Old 05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Joe's stand up. His car runs hard. Probably pulls up top more than all you sorry, trash talking near stock ls1 turds.
Oh really.... Thats laughable.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:58 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Oh really.... Thats laughable.
Z06's not included.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

He came her looking to start trouble with the owner he raced, words from the horses mouth. By leaving out his significant mods in the thread title he also knew he would be able to start trouble with a group of ls1 owners calling BS.....
He may have, but he didn't start any trouble. You fools did. So I don't know what you're trying to say here. He didn't say anything combative that required a response like those I quoted in my previous post.

LS1 owners shouldn't have called BS on him without first knowing the mods. The way I see it, you guys are guilty any way you look at it. You just can't justify the way the guys jumped on him like little ricers.

Last edited by Vendetta; 05-20-2005 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Modded LS1 goes down to an RSX???