Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Death by GTP

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 04:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my stock gtp kept close with a slightly modded lt1... they are sweet and im lookin for one right now actually...

steve
Old 05-24-2005, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The only "modded" gtp I came across got walked away from 0 to 100mph. Im a lid and catback car, he claimed to be an intake and exhaust car running 12.90s
Old 05-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Teching In

The only "modded" gtp I came across got walked away from 0 to 100mph. Im a lid and catback car, he claimed to be an intake and exhaust car running 12.90s
HAA 12.90..now that guy is smokin crack...

And UNIT guy....lets not get full of yourself.....theres ALWAYS someone faster then you...don't know why i bother postin **** here....And theres NO power down low at all in a GTP?!?!?! Thats where it ALL is!?!? Top end, GTPs are fricken dawgs! I am not trying to start NOTHING! Go flame that chris whatever his name is wit the t/a claiming he put i think 80 grand in it..HA

i will smoke any ls1 u bring to me, stock of coarse, and smoke him till bout 80, and thats when he'll start reelin me in
Thats what i said! TILL BOUT 80! Does anyone read the full statement? or is, I will smoke a ls1 the only thing they read and pull the bs flag?!?!

What're you smoking, man?

What a joke of a post.. I like GTPs a lot, but c'mon now.
Smokin some good ****...Does anyone read the STOCK part of my post?!?!
A joke eh?

Last edited by GTP Horsepower; 05-24-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Any other flame post that anyone else wants to give me?
On behalf of the Grandprix community, please end yourself.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Teching In

I am offically done........kinda annoying when no one reads your full first post. then bashs you...
Old 05-24-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got beat by a GTP last friday
Old 05-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTP Horsepower
I am offically done.......
Say it ain't so!

...kinda annoying when no one reads your full first post. then bashs you...
Seems to me that you still have zero posts. Therefore, we will bash you until you have one post.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

i'm really pissed that pontiac cut that style gtp in favor of the more expensive GTO. anyway i ran into a guy w/a buick regal w/the same drive train who had a cold air kit, exhaust and DR's and ran a 13.4 - very impressive
Old 05-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TroubledWine3
They can be fast as ****. They are supercharged, which sets up for a plethora of mods.
you said plethora.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cornbread23
you said plethora.
Quote from the Three Amigos..........."Do you even know what a plethora is?"
Old 05-28-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by falconskaterjohn
Well last night I was just cruising around and a black GTP rolls up besides me. The guy seemed pretty cool so I reved at him and he returned the favor. Then the next light we line up and the green light pops so we are off. He pulled about a car ahead and keept it there till around 80 which is where i started slowly reeling him in. We both shut down before i caught him tho... Do you guys have any idea if the car was modded? I have a 1996 WS6, stock, a4 and i launched with virtually no wheele spin....thanks alot
All you need is a lid and then you'll smoke his modded GTP, But dont feel bad, I got smoked by a GTP when my old Master cillinder was acting up.(would not shift) Oh well, A kills a kill.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GTP Horsepower makes me LOL
Old 05-29-2005, 02:11 AM
12 Second Club

MUHAAAA!
A Grocery getter, strikes again! LOL

He probally had a pulley and intake...thats i all needed to take any kind of stock lt1....gps were made to be torque monsters...i have well over 320 TQ runnin threw the veins of my gtp.....i will smoke any ls1 u bring to me, stock of coarse, and smoke him till bout 80, and thats when he'll start reelin me in....but if you get some rockers, or a cam, a stock ls1 won't have a chance...personally i have never raced a ls1 from a dig....raced allot lt1s and made them lick there own *******

Just My .02 cents

Tom
Grand Prix's are torque monsters? Maybe I should just sell my L98 and get a Grand Prix so I can be a downlow torque monster.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And UNIT guy....lets not get full of yourself.....theres ALWAYS someone faster then you...don't know why i bother postin **** here....And theres NO power down low at all in a GTP?!?!?! Thats where it ALL is!?!? Top end, GTPs are fricken dawgs! I am not trying to start NOTHING! Go flame that chris whatever his name is wit the t/a claiming he put i think 80 grand in it..HA
The number of guys faster than you is far greater than the number of guys faster than Unit... that's for damn sure.

Also... just because the GTP has more grunt down low than it does up top does not mean that it has a lot of power down low. Just an anaology... that's like comparing a 15 second car to a 14 second car, and calling the 14 second car "fast" just because it was faster than the 15 second car.

You mentioned 320 ft-lbs earlier... do you realize how little that is compared to most cars on this board? That isn't even as much as a stock LS1... and there ain't many here still stock, junior.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Administrator

GTP's are nice cars and they make for good daily driver's...but they are not performance cars.

And theres NO power down low at all in a GTP?!?!?! Thats where it ALL is!?!?
Be realistic. GTP's don't make any power/torque. 650ft-lbs at 3,000rpm is a decent amount of torque...enough for a fun ride at least, but even 650 is nothing special. You're talking 300's. You need to go for a ride in a 8 or 9 second car then tell me about 300ft-lbs.

And UNIT guy....lets not get full of yourself.....theres ALWAYS someone faster then you...
Really? I didn't know that. I thought I had the fastest car in the entire world. There are many members here that will *** whip my car...and I'm talking horribly. However, I can hold my own against 99% of cars on the road or at the track for that matter.

...don't know why i bother postin **** here....
I'm not quite sure either.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all i can say, and i know since i own both the gtp and a ws6 (both 99s) is that the gtp is a worthy contendor for ls1s that ARENT modded. I myself have killed several eagle talons and a few mustang GTs with exhaust, pulley and cold air intake and pcm. However it usually is a good challenge. And come on now, the car is HEAVY what do you expect, for the weight of the GTP it still holds its own. i at first thought the GTP would be a fairly quick all around good car, which it is, but its not extremely fast. the WS6 is in a class of its own and FAR more modable. the GTP also lacks a MUCH NEEDED 5 or 6 spd manual transmission. dont talk **** about GTPs, trust they can hold their own, you just never know!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
...dont talk **** about GTPs, trust they can hold their own, you just never know!!!
I believe our definition of "hold their own" differs greatly.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DUSTYWS6
On behalf of the Grandprix community, please end yourself.
I second that...

As a former '99 L67 GTX [SLP's version of the GTP] owner, I can assure you that a 3.4" pullied + Intake'd [ MSP, SLP, Thrasher, or FWI.. no open cone ] GTP will not pull a stock LS1 upto 80 mph... esp, in summer ..

Yes the 3.4" pulley [stock is 3.8"] is *supposed* to add 20-25 Front Wheel HP, but unless accompained by a re-programmed PCM, 180* thermo, one step colder s-plugs yada yada yada.. it's not happening because of KR

However, a 3.4" pullied + MSP Intaked + PCM'd + Header or Rockered GTP will pull a stock LS1 upto 65-70 mph, if launched correctly, and then get smoked...

And.. I wouldn't talk **** to a highly modded 03+ Cobra owner in my LS1, let alone in a L67.. unless you're Zooomer, John Tsimaras or alike
Old 05-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Here's a turbo GP done by Livernois Motosports for all you GP lovers. Cool concept...

Dyno Vid
Old 05-30-2005, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

My friend works for a shop down here in the woods some where and his boss had a GTP with the computer uprgrades and under drive pullys and some of the NOexpress, and it ran High sevens on the gas in the eith. My other buddy has a 77 Datsun 240z and they raced from a dead stop and the 240 won and only has a stock 350 in it. I worked for pontiac for 2 years and drove the GTP's. Quick but fall off around 80mph. I even took one out with the 305.

Quick Reply: Death by GTP