Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 vs. LS1

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you don't need to replace the heads on a LT-1 to run 11's either...
Old 06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Nobody in here ever said the LT1 was better than the LS1, so you're wasting your time trying to prove a moot point. All we're saying is that LT1s are very capable, and deserve respect for being a potent motor. All too often they're **** on because of the LS1's accomplishments, and it pisses some of us off.
Well said. Just because they are normally slower doesn't make them piece of **** cars like you guys make them out to be. Things such as "murdered the LT1" and "LT1 goes down HARD" are dick things to say. Did you all expect us to just bow down and say "yeah, we suck."? Not going to happen... In fact, I will keep my LT1 because I don't want the reputation of being a dick head if I move up to a LS1. Even though I won't be, its LS1 owners like you (dime a dozen, btw) that make the other LS1 owners look bad. Every time I see a LS1 powered car I think that the driver is probably a dick and I don't even try to tell him "nice car" because he will more than likely say "yeah, it damn sure is" or some **** like that. This way I can be the under dog, mod the hell out of my car and smoke his *** after he says it. But then I'll really make him mad and give him a sincere compliment on his car.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by darrensls1formula
And the only negative comments have been kills being questioned because the LT1 was claiming a flawless victory (hey I sound like the guy from mortal combat) against a car that is clearly faster (ET and trap).
Are you saying you've never seen a favored car get beat by an underdog? If so, you've got to get to the track more. It happens a lot.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Blah, these threads are pointless, I know and have street raced with both LT1 and LS1 cars that will murder half the stuff on the street. You can build either to run their ***** off. If you know what your doing it isnt hard to built either car, problem 90% of the people I see build either, set them up like dog **** and they run acordingly
Old 06-10-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you saying you've never seen a favored car get beat by an underdog? If so, you've got to get to the track more. It happens a lot.
I get to the track about once a month. I have seen it plenty too. The damn sport would be boring if it never happened. But only on the internet do guys who were clearly underdog winners try to convince others (and themselves) that they won because they have a "factory freak"
Old 06-10-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
Well said. Just because they are normally slower doesn't make them piece of **** cars like you guys make them out to be. Things such as "murdered the LT1" and "LT1 goes down HARD" are dick things to say. Did you all expect us to just bow down and say "yeah, we suck."? Not going to happen... In fact, I will keep my LT1 because I don't want the reputation of being a dick head if I move up to a LS1. Even though I won't be, its LS1 owners like you (dime a dozen, btw) that make the other LS1 owners look bad. Every time I see a LS1 powered car I think that the driver is probably a dick and I don't even try to tell him "nice car" because he will more than likely say "yeah, it damn sure is" or some **** like that. This way I can be the under dog, mod the hell out of my car and smoke his *** after he says it. But then I'll really make him mad and give him a sincere compliment on his car.
You really need to chill. I remember you posting once about some LS1 guys flipping you off and I really think it scarred you. You seem to hold it against every LS1 guy out there.

Did you know the fastest M6 is in a LT1 not an LS1? I did. The LT1 was like a breath of fresh air after the screwed up 80's. And for years prior to the LS1 they dominated the streets (IMO). Then the LS1 replaced it. And in ways it was better. And for awhile the LS1 was top dog. Then the LS6/LS2 came out and replaced it as top dog. And lets not forget the SVT Cobras (teminators) running around spoiling all our days.

Every vehicle has it's share of jerks man. I had a LT1 rev me like mad once when I was in a parking lot with my infant son in the car seat. Then he got all pissed when I refused to street race him. MY SON WAS 3 MONTHS OLD! But I don't hold his actions against all LT1 guys. Plenty are cool guys. I bet your a really cool guy. You just need to let go of the hate. Mod your car to please yourself because in the end that's all that really matters.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

I think its kiddie stuff to post a list of other peoples kills on here to validate some agenda.Much like some moron who talks trash about his "friends" car who could take your's when you wax his.Enjoy you car and grow TFU.
BTW I skipped over owning the LT1 stuff and went from SBC to LS1 because I had to work on the 2nd gen trash that came thru the shop.LT1's run OK but they don't hold a candle to the LS1,stock or modded.93-97 f-bodys always drove and wore like **** anyway.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by glennster
I skipped over owning the LT1 stuff and went from SBC to LS1 because I had to work on the 2nd gen trash that came thru the shop.LT1's run OK but they don't hold a candle to the LS1,stock or modded.93-97 f-bodys always drove and wore like **** anyway.
This is exactly the kind of hate we're talking about.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:47 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

it was good in the beginning, but now

whoever is doing all kinds of arguing sounds like an idiot. if someone's going to call the LT1 trash, they are a moron, same goes for LS1. Why does it take these kinds of thread to bring the haters out of the woodwork? the LT1 and the LS1 both have high points and strong points, and that's it! god almighty this is like a kindertgarten riot.

and as for Flexnutz man i had a lot of respect for you, but you sure seem to love generalizing the LS1 driver as much as you say we 'generalize' you, and that's a damn shame.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:36 AM
12 Second Club

I think its kiddie stuff to post a list of other peoples kills on here to validate some agenda.Much like some moron who talks trash about his "friends" car who could take your's when you wax his.Enjoy you car and grow TFU.
BTW I skipped over owning the LT1 stuff and went from SBC to LS1 because I had to work on the 2nd gen trash that came thru the shop.LT1's run OK but they don't hold a candle to the LS1,stock or modded.93-97 f-bodys always drove and wore like **** anyway.
You sir, are the type of tool that gets threads like this started. Sounds like your not too much of a mechanic if you have a problem working on a Gen II engine. They are easy to work on. Might want to try another career path
Old 06-11-2005, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Just as I expected,I posted a hate paragraph about LT1's and everybody gets butt hurt.Like your car and stick with it but coming on here with other peoples kill stories with a hate agenda proves who the tool is.If you can't admit the LS1 is a tech marvel you have to be biased.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

all u lt1'ers can suck a dick, this is ls1tech, not lt1tech

if i wanted my **** to sound/run like a dump truck i would have bought one
Old 06-11-2005, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Just as I expected,I posted a hate paragraph about LT1's and everybody gets butt hurt.Like your car and stick with it but coming on here with other peoples kill stories with a hate agenda proves who the tool is.If you can't admit the LS1 is a tech marvel you have to be biased.

So you just admitted you were trying to stir **** up. Nice
Old 06-11-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

So coming on here into other peoples kill stories with a hate agenda makes you a tool...

Isn't that what you just did with your previous post?

Nice self-ownage.

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
all u lt1'ers can suck a dick, this is ls1tech, not lt1tech

if i wanted my **** to sound/run like a dump truck i would have bought one

Get used to us. We're here to stay, we're not going anywhere. Must depress you that a "dump truck" traps quicker than any LS1 on the planet.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol, I've been away for awhile and these threads are still alive. Here is what I did originally that was soooo bad in some peoples' eyes. I noticed a few threads such as "murdered the LT1" and "LT1 goes down hard" and "LT1 Trans Am owned by Volvo" etc. etc. so I figured I'd post a few kills that involved a LT1 winning, even if they weren't mine. Period. I feel that the LT1 owners on this board were being attacked so I fired back. Then you all fired back and I returned fire again, so to speak. As far as I'm concerned this is over and now we all know who most of the haters are. I like the LS1 cars, in fact, I LOVE the LS1 Trans Ams. So I'm not hating on anyone for no reason, I'm simply returning fire when I talk ****.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

So coming on here into other peoples kill stories with a hate agenda makes you a tool...

Nice self-ownage.

Get used to us. We're here to stay, we're not going anywhere. Must depress you that a "dump truck" traps quicker than any LS1 on the planet.
Just having a good time vendetta , just trying to lighten the mood, in my own special way
Old 06-11-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Just having a good time vendetta , just trying to lighten the mood, in my own special way
You're doing nothing to lighten the mood. If anything, you're just causing more problems.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=Vendetta]So coming on here into other peoples kill stories with a hate agenda makes you a tool...

Nice self-ownage.

Read much? I said "with" other peoples kill stories,not into.As in posting a load of LT1 kills against LS1's that are not yours.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
Lol, I've been away for awhile and these threads are still alive. Here is what I did originally that was soooo bad in some peoples' eyes. I noticed a few threads such as "murdered the LT1" and "LT1 goes down hard" and "LT1 Trans Am owned by Volvo" etc. etc. so I figured I'd post a few kills that involved a LT1 winning, even if they weren't mine. Period. I feel that the LT1 owners on this board were being attacked so I fired back. Then you all fired back and I returned fire again, so to speak. As far as I'm concerned this is over and now we all know who most of the haters are. I like the LS1 cars, in fact, I LOVE the LS1 Trans Ams. So I'm not hating on anyone for no reason, I'm simply returning fire when I talk ****.
I was about to do the same, because it looked for a while like the LT1's were getting pounded for some reason. Now go do the same for the L98's
Old 06-11-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Read much? I said "with" other peoples kill stories,not into.As in posting a load of LT1 kills against LS1's that are not yours.
Still, you're the one coming into this thing with a "hate agenda".. rethink what you're saying.

And yes, I do read quite often. I apologize for misunderstanding your sloppy *** run-on sentence. Funny thing is that you're damn near 45 years old, and still can't write in proper English.