Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mother of all races: me vs porshe carrera gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Race gas, and a good tire. I think he will pull you though man, race frum dig.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thing is, Carrera GT's are supposedly an all-out BITCH to launch with the way the tricky clutch works. Race him from a dig if you can. I dunno if they're tough to shift when rolling, but launching them is said to be extremely tricky even by the pro's.

You're best bet is a dig, but you might as well roll-race to see that sucker in action. Those cars pull like no other. "

They are a bitch to launch either you bog or burn, they are tricky to shift moving especially quickly till your used the the shifter being up high on the console, And chances are youll get real lucky as inexperianced drivers have a tendencay to destroy the clutchs fast, so if ya lose the first one race em a few more times,
Old 06-11-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FutureFbodowner
I would say get a bigger turbo. Run more boost and then race this guy just to make sure you win. And if hes 17-20 rich kid Im guessing he cant drive. Id say you have a good chance but its not in the bag.
I would have to say this thread is getting quite ghey!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love how everyone assumes the kid cant drive his car. I know there is a pretty good chance he cant handle it, but you never know. The kid might be a ****** wizz behind the wheel and I'm sure he has spent ALOT of time banging gears in the car, I know I sure as hell wood. I'd expect him to drive it atleast as well as the average joe would... which unfortunately means he is very capable of winning the race.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

well, knowing northbrook and the asswipes who live there, the kid most likely doesn't know how to drive the car... unless it's one of the real few kids who track or autoX always... and it's a handful of people who know how to handle a porsche... and that handful ends up being almost non-existent because the people who do know how to handle a CGT are almost all over 20