Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why is it always the R1's??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005 | 12:33 AM
Launching!

A few of my friends ride bikes, and believe it or not, they're leary of pushing their bikes to the limit on public roads...has something to do with what hitting a stationery object at 100+ MPH can do to the human body. I'm not saying all riders hold back, but it would seem logical that most of them would unless they really feel they have something to prove...or are racing for something, like money.
Old 06-19-2005 | 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Well, if they chase, it's a race. That's the way I see it. I fully expected to get pulled on by this guy but he underestimated the Snake and by the time he figured it out, it was over. All I can say is that it was fun for about five seconds, that's all the room we had. Besides, any faster then 140 on an old thin bedded asphault road like that one is asking for it, whether ya have room or not.

Gorgeous bike Eric. There's a kid with a 954 RR that think he can take ya. Ya oughta find out when ya get it broke in.
Old 06-19-2005 | 06:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Gorgeous bike Eric. There's a kid with a 954 RR that think he can take ya. Ya oughta find out when ya get it broke in.
Thanks for the compliment! The same 954RR that got surprised by my Rustang? I'll ride the bike out on Friday if it looks like no one wants to race the car.
Old 06-20-2005 | 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I'll be on my bike too since the Cobra will be in the shop. I won't, however, be racing my bike. It's not set up for that.