Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Apparently stock WS-6 gets educated.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005 | 06:01 AM
Launching!

Racehead

Keep us updated about the race. I really wanna know how the ASA stands up for the challenge.
check my sig
Old 06-23-2005 | 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ActionJack
I have seen things on the news for street racers (kids trying to be the 'fast and furious') but I have not seen any news on increased drag racing deaths.

Are you sure it is drag racing and not street racing?
i used the term "drag racing" in the same defenition as "street racing".
but yeah...there has been a few cases...some locally that obviously wont get national attention but one that sticks out...the kid in florida street racing his mustang and ends up killin his own mother in a mini-van who just happened to get in their way. sucks!
Old 06-23-2005 | 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TWINTURBORAMAIR
i used the term "drag racing" in the same defenition as "street racing".
but yeah...there has been a few cases...some locally that obviously wont get national attention but one that sticks out...the kid in florida street racing his mustang and ends up killin his own mother in a mini-van who just happened to get in their way. sucks!

All of those situations suck. If more of the older guys went out to hang with the kids like we do in my area, this **** would be reduced. Us oldsters are always harping on the kids not to run in town. Take that stuff to the spot and do it right. However, before some smartass points out how hypocritical I was to play with the WS-6 in this post. The area was clear for a good ways ahead of us and it was barely a one gear burst on a four lane arterial with center turn lanes in the daylight. Was it the right thing to do? No but it happened.
Old 06-24-2005 | 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
All of those situations suck. If more of the older guys went out to hang with the kids like we do in my area, this **** would be reduced. Us oldsters are always harping on the kids not to run in town. Take that stuff to the spot and do it right. However, before some smartass points out how hypocritical I was to play with the WS-6 in this post. The area was clear for a good ways ahead of us and it was barely a one gear burst on a four lane arterial with center turn lanes in the daylight. Was it the right thing to do? No but it happened.
EXACTLY....not one person on this forum or any other forum for that matter cant say that they havent street raced at one point in time in their life time. it happens.
but anyway...back on topic...happy racing
BTW charlie....im TNTramair on the SVTforums...
Old 06-24-2005 | 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99SS-T

Dude seriously giving advise is one thing. Rippin on peoples **** is another. I know ya may make suttle comments but they really aint needed. I see we got quite a few stanger's in here and i have no issue with it, but to belittle our **** on our boards is kinda You seem to be a person that occaisionally has a nice thing to say. Why cant ya jstu keep the other **** for when you are postin on the mustang forums. It really comes down to nothing but disrespect. Im not sure as to why you are a moderator here when you dont have a ls1 and occaisionally wave your true colors on here. Thanks

John
u haven't been around here long enough to know what u are talkin about, he used to have an ls1 in the 11's, me and a lot of other ppl find his SUBTLE comments hilarious, as for his true colors, who the hell knows and cares, he had an ls1 1st...but he has contributed here a hell of a lot more than u
Old 06-24-2005 | 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOSS
u haven't been around here long enough to know what u are talkin about, he used to have an ls1 in the 11's, me and a lot of other ppl find his SUBTLE comments hilarious, as for his true colors, who the hell knows and cares, he had an ls1 1st...but he has contributed here a hell of a lot more than u
Old 06-24-2005 | 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

i wanna see this race..... when would it happen?? plz someone host the video/and post it.. im thinking that cobra should pull fairly easy... but who knows.. **** can happen...
Old 06-24-2005 | 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

I'm thinking a nice daylight run with video would best serve the publics interest here. I've got a digi cam but still need a USB and editing software. I may have to invest in them.
Old 06-24-2005 | 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HOSS
That is true, Unit knows his stuff. I remember him also saying that the best/cheapest way to get the LS1 moving was Nitrous. Quick and simple. I'm going that route this year.
Old 06-24-2005 | 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

I like it when Unit rips on guys... Funny as hell.
Old 06-24-2005 | 10:46 PM
Administrator

Do your thing in your home not mine.
You're home? You've been here two months. I've been here for years. I've contributed a thousand hours to the tech knowledge base here while helping tens of thousands of people with their LS1's. While you're perfectly welcome here, this is my home.

It means nothing that I don't have a LS1 currently. That doesn't mean I won't have another in the near future.

This is the street racing forum, not a tech based forum. The types of posts vary greatly in case you haven't noticed.

And no your post count dont mean **** is 50% of them are tellin ls1 owners that cobras do it better and easier.
Let's consider the fact that I've been a member here for 3 and a half years. I've had my Cobra for just under 1 year and post count doesn't increase in non-tech forums. I moderate this and the Lounge which are both non-tech related...still 10,000 posts. Contrary to popular belief, I have made my share of tech based contributions....including the thousands upon thousands of PM's I've gotten asking for help.

WTF happened to the STF? Everyone has such thin skin these days...

Last edited by unit213; 06-24-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2005 | 10:52 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
That is true, Unit knows his stuff. I remember him also saying that the best/cheapest way to get the LS1 moving was Nitrous. Quick and simple. I'm going that route this year.
You won't be disappointed! You should consider headers if you're going to spray over a 100shot.
Old 06-24-2005 | 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

....ripping on Unit for not posting technical ****..
Old 06-24-2005 | 11:07 PM
Administrator

I'm going to lock this one down guys. Sorry we screwed up your thread.

Please post again when you find the time to race again...or start a new thread. It's not very often we have two members with awesome cars go head-to-head and have a great attitude about it afterwards. Kudos guys.