Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a 280Z with a 350...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ran a 280Z with a 350...

I was crusing through a neighborhood when I see a maroon 280Z following me out. Getting onto the main road he is still pacing me but doesn't get beside me? I turn down a feeder road and he follows. I then stopped but he slowly cruised by. I matched his speed around 30mph and we took off after 3 honks. I was able to pull on him and again from several different speeds, but not run away. I couldn't hear a turbo but saw an nos extinquisher and figured he must have a nice shot.

We then left from a dig and I stated pulling but when I went into second he immediately put a half a car on me. We shut down shortly afterwards due to a car pulling out up ahead. I pulled over and talked to him and was amazed to find a 350 under the hood. The motor was very clean looking and a 100 shot to go with it. He also had an auto with a stall and shift kit.

He said the guy he bought it from was able to run 11.20s on slicks and a 175 shot. He also said he dropped the shot and pulled the cam due to it being too aggressive on the street, lol. You could hear his small cam but it wasn't very noticable. I couldn't imagine pulling up to that thing hearing a nasty cammed V8.