Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a sickly fast Turbo'd camaro..

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005 | 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Car hooks fairly decent for the power. It didn't that third run because of the road conditions.

Setup is a single turbo kit i built.
346CI
AFR 225's
custom cam
Griffin FMIC
Innovative GT80R at a measily 15psi with a very safe tune for now.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:13 AM
Banned

sick man you guys should go to the strip and make a video of it that would be awsome
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

motor built and tuned by us at EASTSIDE....sick car alfred....want to run it turbo against turbo
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

Let's go. lol

Thanks alot East Side (did the motor and tuning)
If anyone needs anything go to East Side 100%
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLWN03
Video added to first post...
missed 3rd...LOL I would say you gave up and put yoiur tail between yoiur legs. And if not for spinning every gear and then passing you, the third race would have been same as the others..
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thats bad *** man........ so you made 760rw w/ 15psi..... what was the RWTQ???
Hows that new Fuel pump?? what Injecters you running?? PM if ya dont want to post it up.
Thanks.
Kyle
Old 07-14-2005 | 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is it the heads and cam that make you make so much more power with only 15 psi? Or do you run a good amt of timing? 15 psi on a 346 with lowered compression seems tough. I aint callin BS i just wanna know WTF i have to do lol. Nice cars for both of ya. Is there any good place to get races on your side of the state? I live on the west side of CT adn there aitn **** here. Cya

John
Old 07-14-2005 | 02:36 AM
10 Second Club

did you have to sacrifice your a/c for the turbo?
Old 07-14-2005 | 03:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ActionJack

Nice video and I wish I could have heard the Camaro better but that whine/whistle from the Mustang is so damn loud.
That was the camaro u were hearing my friend, turbos whistle
Old 07-14-2005 | 04:47 AM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

Sick man.. good to see that car's on the road finally Alfred. I'm sure about 2 more races like that, and you won't even get anymore.

To do that to a 600 HP supercharged car... #1 is not easy, and #2, is so disgusting, that the only guys that you'll have trying to race you now are 700+ hp cars... anythign less is a waste of your time.

Blown 03, definately wasn't you that I messed with no the highway a couple months ago, I can't touch that car lol. There's another cobra that looks just like yours (probably alot mroe then one, but one that will race) that is slow... probaby just a loud exhaust, because my cam only car crushed it off the highway.
Old 07-14-2005 | 07:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by scottywheels
missed 3rd...LOL I would say you gave up and put yoiur tail between yoiur legs. And if not for spinning every gear and then passing you, the third race would have been same as the others..
Exactly! hat cobra doesnt standard a chanvce if the camaro has any bit of traction. Even with no traction the camaro was do some fishing in the third run....................just reeling the cobra in!
Old 07-14-2005 | 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

You could tell there was a lot more power in the Camaro, any time it was able to put power down it gained ground FAST. Its tough matching up on the street in high horsepower cars, almost takes the fun out of it.. almost...
Old 07-14-2005 | 07:29 AM
TECH Addict
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Is it the heads and cam that make you make so much more power with only 15 psi? Or do you run a good amt of timing? 15 psi on a 346 with lowered compression seems tough. I aint callin BS i just wanna know WTF i have to do lol. Nice cars for both of ya. Is there any good place to get races on your side of the state? I live on the west side of CT adn there aitn **** here. Cya

John
I think Alfred is right in line with where the car should be at 15 psi. I run just a smidge under 700 with 15 psi. The supercharger saps about 150 off the crank so if I were turbo it would be ~800 HP. Alfred is a turbo 346 so he landed around 760.

Alfred, the ignition situaton is all sorted out. Cracked plug porcelien on number 6 (back up to 700 HP now). We need to line them up again so I can listen to your turbo go by.
I'll be down at Eastside on Saturday.
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:01 AM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

too bad I'm not gonna be around on saturday, I'd love to see that.

So how big of a motor with nitrous am I gonna have to build to keep up with you 2 maniac's
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Sick man.. good to see that car's on the road finally Alfred. I'm sure about 2 more races like that, and you won't even get anymore.

To do that to a 600 HP supercharged car... #1 is not easy, and #2, is so disgusting, that the only guys that you'll have trying to race you now are 700+ hp cars... anythign less is a waste of your time.

Blown 03, definately wasn't you that I messed with no the highway a couple months ago, I can't touch that car lol. There's another cobra that looks just like yours (probably alot mroe then one, but one that will race) that is slow... probaby just a loud exhaust, because my cam only car crushed it off the highway.

First of all i have 504 rwhp in good air,not 600hp..secondly i posted the Video on mustang and Ls1 sites..no shame here...I really don't care that i lost or whatever, I have alot more respect for Alfred as a person for coming out and being a cool guy when it was all over, we shook hands checked out his car and that was that.
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Very nice run guys!

Jay,
Are we ever going to meet in person? LOL. You need to stop working all these weekend nights! So, I thought you were adding spray, what happened? We still need to get together for a fun run one of these days... but you'll have to leave that bottle at home to give me a chance! LOL.

Alfred,
So does this mean you're finally coming out of the closet with true numbers... no more lying low??? I had to laugh, your dad was at the Pike last weekend telling everyone about your car and giving all kinds of details about specs and numbers... I was laughing to myself knowing how hard you've been trying to keep it all on the down-low...LOL. He said you'd spent countless hours working on the car up on the lift at his house. It was cool though, he is obviously VERY proud of everything you've done with the car. That car of yours is a serious beast! I'm glad I didn't waste my time running you on the highway that night... I'm sure it would have been ugly for me. Maybe one of these days we can do a quick run for the hell of it if you can't find anyone else to beat up on... but you'd have to spot me ten cars. BTW, there was a Saleen up there last Sat. night that I think might give you more than a serious run for your money, so keep an eye out for him.

Again, nice run guys and I'm glad to hear you two were finally able to lay the swords down and "get'r done".
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLWN03
First of all i have 504 rwhp in good air,not 600hp..secondly i posted the Video on mustang and Ls1 sites..no shame here...I really don't care that i lost or whatever, I have alot more respect for Alfred as a person for coming out and being a cool guy when it was all over, we shook hands checked out his car and that was that.
Lets be clear... 504 rwhp was on a Mustang dyno... that's a lot more on a Dynojet!

I think it's great you two were able to kiss and make up.
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:11 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Wet 1]Very nice run guys!

Jay,
Are we ever going to meet in person? LOL. You need to stop working all these weekend nights! So, I thought you were adding spray, what happened? We still need to get together for a fun run one of these days... but you'll have to leave that bottle at home to give me a chance! LOL.

LOL..bottle isn't even close to being on...i still got the stock injectors and MAF on the car..i have a date with my tuner and a certain Black blower install very soon..had some wedding stuff to catch up on so i got a little behind money wise for the car stuff...Every time I try to get up to the Pike on a weekend something family wise comes up..i'm off next friday if ya wanna meet up for a bit..if not i'll be around the following weekend hopefully...Dave said your car boogies so it will be fun.

Jay
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wet 1
Lets be clear... 504 rwhp was on a Mustang dyno... that's a lot more on a Dynojet!

I think it's great you two were able to kiss and make up.
Actually it was on a dynojet 248c...numbers were STD too...lol
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds good... let me know for sure when you're going to be around and I'll meet up with you guys.

Sorry about the numbers... I thought Dave said both of yours were run on a Mustang dyno.

Little black blower... That and the bottle is going to be pretty mean combo!!! I know I have nothing for that, well maybe next season... but this season I'm staying with the 100% stock engine.