Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Mustang Cobra kill

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE:Thank you!!! This post is total bullshit now lol. I quit viewing it alltogether.

Well, you obviously didn't "altogether" quit viewing this. jk I know what you're saying though. Nobody want's to here this back and forth argueing nonsense. I'm done viewing it myself now. I've explained myself too many times already. I won't even look at it, so I don't have to resist the urge to respond to blackfang. If there's something he still doesn't understand, he'll have to talk to someone else about it.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
#1- I obviously wasn't talking about a dyno(duh). Look at the string on your finger and re-read my posts. This is very clear.

#2-I'm getting really embarrassed for you. In fact I almost feel sorry for you. You just aren't comprehending. I Think thats why I've kept my cool so well and have kept from insulting you. It's OK if you don't understand. Obviously I don't mind trying to help someone, I've been doing it for several pages now. I've been trying for so long now and I don't know what else to say. All I can do at this point is to suggest maybe calling someone and talking to them, or maybe you can do a search under the gear and drivetrain section. Good luck.
I was talking about a dyno. How else you going to measure that 350 rwhp??

I am not embarrassed. I have asked this question to a few who build mod motors such as TT 5.4L motors, big bores, etc, and know people like scott @VT engines, Ken and the gang at Modular Depot, PER racing, Boss 330 racing, Foxlake etc that are on another site. They have even stated that the 4.56 gear will not help me get 350 rwhp verses the 4.30 gears. Basically I got a laugh from them when posed the question. Which brought me to my comment on that the gear alone isnt that magical secret to obtaining a certain said rwhp. That's all I have been stating.

The fact is you stated I needed a 4.56 to make 350rwhp period. No reading over. You had it in your statement. Now you are saying you never meant on the dyno, yet the entire debates is about what setup is needed to achieve a 350 rwhp and the rear gearing has ZERO to do with it

He is clearly stating that the purpose of the 4.56 is to better utilize the power you will be making with said heads and cams, not to enable you to make more power. Seriously, read it again
No I read it as others and the general concensus is that he stated "you will need 4.56 gears" That rear gear will not come into play in being the sole reason you are achieving a said rwhp. It has a ZERO factor is obtaining a said rwhp. it will help but won't be the sole reason.

Bob I do agree in the stroker and longevity issues as well. I think thats the reasonming many are switching to the big bores.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^You are 100% wrong. Learn common sense.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackfang
I was talking about a dyno. How else you going to measure that 350 rwhp??

I am not embarrassed. I have asked this question to a few who build mod motors such as TT 5.4L motors, big bores, etc, and know people like scott @VT engines, Ken and the gang at Modular Depot, PER racing, Boss 330 racing, Foxlake etc that are on another site. They have even stated that the 4.56 gear will not help me get 350 rwhp verses the 4.30 gears. Basically I got a laugh from them when posed the question. Which brought me to my comment on that the gear alone isnt that magical secret to obtaining a certain said rwhp. That's all I have been stating.

The fact is you stated I needed a 4.56 to make 350rwhp period. No reading over. You had it in your statement. Now you are saying you never meant on the dyno, yet the entire debates is about what setup is needed to achieve a 350 rwhp and the rear gearing has ZERO to do with it

No I read it as others and the general concensus is that he stated "you will need 4.56 gears" That rear gear will not come into play in being the sole reason you are achieving a said rwhp. It has a ZERO factor is obtaining a said rwhp. it will help but won't be the sole reason.

Bob I do agree in the stroker and longevity issues as well. I think thats the reasonming many are switching to the big bores.
Dude, you are making my head hurt with these posts. Nowhere in Redneck Z's post does he say "you need 4.56 gears to make 350hp". You can reword it all you want to make you feel better but the fact is that you are not reading it correctly and are obviously not understanding it. If he indeed said what you think he did, then why has every one of his posts been trying to agree with you in saying that the gear doesn't MAKE the horsepower. I don't understand why you are still arguing about it. Everyone else in here realizes it but you. Your arguement and the fact that you talked to engine builders and they laughed at the question means absolutely nothing because everyone ALREADY KNOWS THE ANSWER!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Blackfang,I don't mean to insult you but have you considered getting counseling? You seem to have control issues somewhat. Kinda like your brain shuts down the capability to digest information because you are already thinking of a response before you have finished reading. Take it easy, breathe, and read slowly, it will all work out.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Actually I'm an X 4.6 mustang guy and know quite a bit about these cars myself. What I said is that with ported B heads and the kind of cam you would need to reach close to 350 rwhp, you will need 4.56 gears. I wasn't talking about a stock car.
Right there. Other people i asked and I linked this and they just laughed at this and he was referred to as a tool. I dunno but they also took the same thing i did by his statement.
I dont need counseling. I am right and he has yet to prove his point about the hp and his "specific gear" selection.
The gearing has no issue in making 300rwhp, 320 rwhp nor 350 rwhp. You plain out do not need 4.56 gears which is what I am stating. A 4.30 gear will do fine. He has YET to prove why a 4.56 gear will be better to get 350rwhp(look above, he said it) and why 4.30 gears can not. Then again, he hasnt shown he is very knowledgeable when most of his info is off a hunch, yet claims he knows quite a bit about them yet can't seem to get simple #'s like hp right

Last edited by blackfang; 08-19-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Right there. other people i asked about i linked and they just laughed at this post. I dont need counseling. I just know i am right. then again, he hasnt shown he is very knowledgable when most of his info is off a hunch, yet claims he knows quite a bit about them yet can't seem to get simple #'s like hp right
You need to learn when to walk away and realize that acting like a three year old, even on the internet, is not cool. If I were you, I would make a new S/N for this site if you ever people to ever take you seriously again.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
You need to learn when to walk away and realize that acting like a three year old, even on the internet, is not cool. If I were you, I would make a new S/N for this site if you ever people to ever take you seriously again.
Frankly I dont care if anyone takes me seriously as i dont post that much and I been here since 2002. A few on here know me personally and know I know my **** when it comes to the cobra motor and if i don't, I will find out before I make a claim.

He is wrong. period. I correct you on mustang info just as much as i do mustang owners regarding the LS1(I dont blab out info without knowing it or researching it) if the info and tech is wrong, I will debate. I learned about the LS1 and asked questions when i first took the Z/28 to the track.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Frankly I dont care if anyone takes me seriously as i dont post that much and I been here since 2002. A few on here know me personally and know I know my **** when it comes to the cobra motor and if i don't, I will find out before I make a claim.

He is wrong. period. I correct you on mustang info just as much as i do mustang owners regarding the LS1(I dont blab out info without knowing it or researching it) if the info and tech is wrong, I will debate. I learned about the LS1 and asked questions when i first took the Z/28 to the track.
I don't really care either, but I am giving a peice of advice and informing you that you are acting like a child. No one cares anymore except you, especially since you just misunderstood him. How many times has he said he was not talking about making actual power, but on how the powerband is? You seem to not care about that, only post whoring and acting childish. Go away.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Guys, I'm an English teacher. What redneck said was:

Actually I'm an X 4.6 mustang guy and know quite a bit about these cars myself. What I said is that with ported B heads and the kind of cam you would need to reach close to 350 rwhp, you will need 4.56 gears.
Okay, so it could have been a little bit clearer if he would have added at the end, something like, "... to use the power more effectively." He DOES NOT SAY you need the gears to make the power. He's talking about that WITH THE PORTED HEADS AND CAM THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO MAKE THE 350 rwhp, you will need the 4.56 gears... and then doen't say for what... because we know for what: FOR RACING!

NOT for making the 350 rwhp

I hope I've helped clear it up. Redneck, despite your namesake's implications, your writing was clearly understandable with only natural assumptions to be made reachable by common sense... In other words, normal everyday-speak!

Last edited by bboyferal; 08-19-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the clarification bboyferal. You are right, I could have been more clear. I assumed most people would get my drift, even with the poor wording. I figured I'd clear up that post by explaining myself 2 million times lol.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the clarification bboyferal. You are right, I could have been more clear. I assumed most people would get my drift, even with the poor wording. I figured I'd clear up that post by explaining myself 2 million times lol.
Any time.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by J E T
How much money would it take to get a stock '99-01 Cobra at 350 HP? Cobras have good value and for what you get, I think they are way overpriced compared to an f-body. You can't find a '99-01 Cobra for under 13k. You can find many LS1 f-bodies (which are faster stock) for around 9-11k. I just don't understand why somebody would pay 2-3k more for a Cobra which is not as fast stock and a car that everybody drives.

I took a choice of some mods and you can get a LS1 f-body at or over 350 HP for less than a grand. Whisper air lid ($100)...WMRA kit ($130)...TSP Rumbler ($200)...TSP Y ($125)...Pacesetter coated LT's ($375). That right there would put a stock LS1 f-body at or over 350 HP for $930. I'm just curious, how much money would it take to put a '99-01 Cobra at 350 HP? IMO, for what you get, Cobras are overpriced. Just my 2 pennies.

Nitrous would put me well over 350hp! For under $600!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:06 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Wow... you realize this thread is well over a year old, right?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
The same could be said with an f-body.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

WOW..talk about night of the living dead.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Wow... you realize this thread is well over a year old, right?

I don't post on this forum often and wasn't really paying attention.

Quick Reply: 99 Mustang Cobra kill