Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TT 350Z VS SuperCharged Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
Does the camaro have one of those electric SC's from E-bay?
Yeah, sadly enough, I bet you ask any one who has put those on if they are supercharged, and they would brag about being supercharged! They'd be like, "Son, I gots a blower..."

Old 08-23-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by X_03_Cobra_guy
I have driven turbo'd cars/trucks and supercharged cars/trucks. An I have to disagree with this quote.
Have you seen a dynograph of a supercharged LS1 (the ones currently available for Fbods: Vortech, Procharger, Powerdyne) and one of a T70 or T88 turbocharged LS1?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I'm not trying to start a huge argument, just throwing in what my perspective of what a "rice burner" is. IMHO, a rice burner is anything built by the Japanese. That might be mistaken for a racist comment but it wasn't intended to be. Honestly though, Nissan/Honda/Acura/Mitsubishi/etc....there all rice burners, whether they are turbo charged/supercharged/or whatever! Now, a Focus/Jetta/Cavalir/etc. (which some classify as rice) aren't from Japan so I wouldn't consider them rice burners.......I'd classify them as Imports! All are equally crappy though....Unless your goal is to save money on gas. Which is the only good reason I can come up with actually driving one!.........
So you really think ALL imports are equally crappy?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I'm not trying to start a huge argument, just throwing in what my perspective of what a "rice burner" is. IMHO, a rice burner is anything built by the Japanese. That might be mistaken for a racist comment but it wasn't intended to be. Honestly though, Nissan/Honda/Acura/Mitsubishi/etc....there all rice burners, whether they are turbo charged/supercharged/or whatever! Now, a Focus/Jetta/Cavalir/etc. (which some classify as rice) aren't from Japan so I wouldn't consider them rice burners.......I'd classify them as Imports! All are equally crappy though....Unless your goal is to save money on gas. Which is the only good reason I can come up with actually driving one!.........
Damn all those super slow Toyota Supras... Damn them right to hell... Those friggin rice burners... Damn those ultra cheap 1G AWD DSM's that run low 13's with less than 500 bucks in mods, and handle **** loads of boost stock (with one gentleman in the low 8's with a stick)... Damn those early turbo MR2's with their low weight, mid-engine configuration, and 200 hp... Damn the mid-90's RX-7's, with their turbo rotaries and $20k asking prices, even today...

These are NOT ricers when in the hands of a true auto enthusiast. They are ricers when in the hands of a punked out teenager who has no idea what the hell a "performace" mod is. I can list a bunch more, if you'd like.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn there's a lot of ignorance in here.

peak power numbers don't equate to jack ****. you'd hafta look at a dyno graph and compare averages. not to mention the fact that it's a STREET RACE. it's not like it's a couple of professional racers running each car to the limit.

centrifugal superchargers make boost in a linear fashion according to rpm. you achieve highest boost at highest rpm. roots type can achieve full boost very quickly like a turbo. turbos and can achieve max boost well before max rpm. if set up correctly you can hit max boost by the time you make it to the rpm band in which you want to run. much difference. guess which type he's got on that LS1. hint, there's no notch in the windshield. (it's not a roots )

Originally Posted by X_03_Cobra_guy
I have driven turbo'd cars/trucks and supercharged cars/trucks. An I have to disagree with this quote.
making u lord and master of all that is forced induction??
Old 08-23-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RoAdRaGe912
damn there's a lot of ignorance in here.

peak power numbers don't equate to jack ****. you'd hafta look at a dyno graph and compare averages. not to mention the fact that it's a STREET RACE. it's not like it's a couple of professional racers running each car to the limit.

centrifugal superchargers make boost in a linear fashion according to rpm. you achieve highest boost at highest rpm. roots type can achieve full boost very quickly like a turbo. turbos and can achieve max boost well before max rpm. if set up correctly you can hit max boost by the time you make it to the rpm band in which you want to run. much difference. guess which type he's got on that LS1. hint, there's no notch in the windshield. (it's not a roots )

making u lord and master of all that is forced induction??

Wow, you were a tad less nice than me...
Old 08-23-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RoAdRaGe912
this is exactly what I expected that tard to realize...
Old 08-23-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just tired of looking at all the stupid *** comments. it's a street race, it happened, whining will not change how that video looks.

u can PM me with pics and info of that beautiful turbo TA if you want though
Old 08-23-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JsnMR2
The Camaro was supercharged, My friend says he is 100% sure and he could hear it. He use to own a Z06 and knows the cars pretty well..

Perhaps they did over estimate the power? And like I said, my friends Z made that power in 90 degree weather in the middle of the day.

He says thanks for the compliments.
then if he had a Z06 then he should know that they whine a little bit.I have heard about half a dozen z06's when they punch it and there is a little whine to it. to that effect. my car also has a whine like a supercharger to it when I punch it. and it is a bolt on h/c car
Old 08-23-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1FST99Z
then if he had a Z06 then he should know that they whine a little bit.I have heard about half a dozen z06's when they punch it and there is a little whine to it. to that effect. my car also has a whine like a supercharger to it when I punch it. and it is a bolt on h/c car

it is pretty obvious whether a car is supercharged or not.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by EightBallTTA
Damn all those super slow Toyota Supras... Damn them right to hell... Those friggin rice burners... Damn those ultra cheap 1G AWD DSM's that run low 13's with less than 500 bucks in mods, and handle **** loads of boost stock (with one gentleman in the low 8's with a stick)... Damn those early turbo MR2's with their low weight, mid-engine configuration, and 200 hp... Damn the mid-90's RX-7's, with their turbo rotaries and $20k asking prices, even today...

These are NOT ricers when in the hands of a true auto enthusiast. They are ricers when in the hands of a punked out teenager who has no idea what the hell a "performace" mod is. I can list a bunch more, if you'd like.
One opinion to another..........
Old 08-23-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Not all opinions are created equal, and that's a fact.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Teching In

Just as a friendly option here, my friend who owns the 350Z said he would be willing to run anyone who wants to just for fun/comparison.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:49 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
you calling a tt350z a rice burner? Come on man, you gotta be better than this....
Yes I am.... IMO anything produced in a country where the primary crops and agriculture is Rice (IE most of Asia) I consider a Rice burner....

This is separate from a Ricer mentality of a driver.... Any driver can be a Ricer IMO.... Agree... Disagree... its just my opinion.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

then you must be a very closeminded redneck
Old 08-24-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by longrange4u
Yes I am.... IMO anything produced in a country where the primary crops and agriculture is Rice (IE most of Asia) I consider a Rice burner....

This is separate from a Ricer mentality of a driver.... Any driver can be a Ricer IMO.... Agree... Disagree... its just my opinion.
This is totally

But there IS alot of ignorance on this thread, and I wasn't the one to start mentioning Asia's exports. Question: What Asian cars are you talking about? Japanese?

You're kidding right? The primary agriculture in MANY countries is rice. I don't even think Japan has any significant rice export presence at all. You're probably thinking of China, sorry to tell you. This is Japan's stats:

Composition by sector:
Definition Field Listing
agriculture: 1.3%
industry: 24.7%
services: 74.1% (2004 est.)

Japan makes NO money in agriulture, buddy, and what little they do make in agriculture is in sugar and beets.

China makes some money off of rice, but what Chinese cars do you know?

Here's China and their rice-burning automobile-manufacturers' Country's stats for fun:

Composition by sector:
Definition Field Listing
agriculture: 13.8%
industry and construction: 52.9%
services: 33.3% (2004 est.)
Old 08-24-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

This is funny
Old 08-24-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZFan88
This is funny
You're right. It is.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a side not that Z has um way to much money into it why you ask, because my 1g awd dsm with all sup mods and hks 272cams on a evo3 16g made a greddy tt G35 look staught up retarded. With a good driver and a good tune on good tires from a stop and a roll 5 times, i am not impressed at all. Give me ls1 with a cam and some mods and it will walk it. That Z has a **** load of money into i would rather not spend buy a supra if you want sick power.

Ps, dont tell me im ignorant if anyone knows what chitownracing.com is you know how cars react on the street and what it takes to make a car go fast, not what a turbo company or what some mag tells you.

I typed all this fast, but nice car.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Man that first video is so hilarious!! Woooooo, wooooooooooo, then he sticks the camera back out the window!!