Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sneakiest Streetrace You've Ever Seen...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ more than a couple now as its published on the internet haha!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

another mind **** trick i learned out compton one night is guarunteed way to win a coin toss if u call the flip. call it "heads on the ground", that if it lands heads the 'on the ground' part is forgotten about, but if it lands tails up, you said heads 'on the ground'. i know sounds corny or stupid, but it almost always works. it can be reversed and used with tails just same.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

LOL
Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

I remember about 5 years ago riding in my friend's coupe fox mustang (prolly a mid 12s car) and picking on a group of talons and eclipses. We ended up running an awd turbo talon from a roll. That went well. My friend pulled about 3 cars and let out. Then we went from a dig on street tires (no money involved). Big mistake..that talon shot out of a cannon and instantly put about 6 cars on us because my friend was sitting there spinning out of the hole. As hard as the talon took off, he had to have sprayed us.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread is badass, I wish I had a story to share.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

^ COLBY

A. i love your T/A those chrome vette wheels look so nice on white cars

B. i just got your license plate. . . RU 18 QT[are you 18 cutie] haha are you serious!?
Old 01-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Two guys agreed to race for $$$$$$.

Guy one: We are going to go from a dead stop and you leave when I do

Guy two: Thats fine

Both guys line up at the line and guy two stalls up to spool the turbo

Guy one sits there deciding when to go

Guy two sits and watches for guy one to move an inch

A man runs up to guy ones car and opens the door to tell him something

Guy two lets off the throttle wondering what the **** is going on

Guy one floors it with the door open

Guy two can't make up the lost ground

Guy one wins....

We race dirty around here.
Damn that's funny
Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My old streetracing buddy had a badass Fox back in the day......he would do absolutely anything for a street race...car had longtubes, 1 chamber mufflers w/ dumps, badass SBF, draglites w/ ET streets......looked and sounded crazy...when people asked what was done with it, he quietlly said "its stock w/ headers and a cai"....couldnt tell you how many people fell for it and the look on their faces when they heard the bumpstick beating the ground after he fired it up.....if you asked to see under the hood his excuse was always "the hood latch is broke" even though it was a pin on hood
Old 01-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
Damn that's a good idea
Originally Posted by sublime1996525
Damn that's funny
Thats street racing around here and that is how you make your money. Everyone knows everyone so most of the time the fast cars stay at home and we all bring out our daily drivers and make fast cash off the highschool kids and just plain retards. 99.9999% of the time they call what we do cheating but we always keep it by the rules. We think of it more along the lines of sneaky rather than flat out cheating.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

This makes me think back to a few years ago in Florida... What fun it was!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

Nothing hidden but definately a nice sleeper....

A buddy of mine has a lincoln town car with a built motor and a 70mm tubo. On slicks it runs very low 11s. On the street it runs the stock rims but if you look close enough at the rear you might notice the drag radials. Since it is his daily, he has an endless amount of great kills. I could only imagine the look on people's faces when they get raped by a town car, lol.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Launching!

well one of my best friends use 2 have a camaro ss 2002. it was exaust lts and nitrous 6 speed on 410s and a 150shot . one day were out on blackstone just cruising and we stop 2 eat at wendies and this badass vette pulls in i think it was a 2003 but it had a z06 badge the guy was a total asswipe we complimented his car when he got inside and he just ignored us at first and then *** we stood up 2 leave my buddie opens the locks with his alarm button the lights blink as were walking outside and the guy yells u driving the ss we said yea and he sais i heard those things are dogs and have no ***** joe sais fast enough 2 beaat ur car the vette owner gets pissed off and sais he wants 2 run 4 money joe sais from a dig they agree 2 bet 300$ and the vette owners starts bitching and sais he only wants a roll and we do a 15 he never even asked our mods he had exaust and nothing else 6 speed we go and we start 2 honk it off then this jackass jumps on the second one clearly trying 2 cheat joe gets on it we barely chirp them and hes out 2 cars joe hits the gas 2 the floor (nitrous activated at wot) and before i new it we were a car ahead of him and pulling hard we did it again with the same results we headed back 2 wendys and he never came back never payed but we were just happy we showed him how stupid he was lol this is a long mother ****** lol
Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

For the past 6 years i have been a Honda guy, so this is a story from the other end of the spectrum. haha A couple years ago i had a 94 Civic hatch with an H22 in it. (Built bottom end, 90mm 12:1 comp, Eagle rods, etc.) Before the bottom end was built it ran consistent 13.7-13.9's on motor, and a second faster on a 50shot. I used to hang out with a bunch of guys that street raced, and they would always end up setting me up in the middle of a race. One night there was a cocky guy who had a supposedly stock LT Camaro with a 150 shot on it, and everyone wanted us to race. I finally agreed even though my bottle was empty. Figured why not shut them up? We spin the rock off our tires, line up, the arms drop, and off we go. Immediately i put a car length on him, and hold it all the way down. We turn around and agreed to do the race again headed back; same results. Ended up we both had empty bottles, and what our friends thought would be a good race was a bit boring. haha

Since then i have pretty much given up street racing, although once the Miata is finished i sure would like to see some people's faces!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

I've never called someone out on grammer but wow. Another confirmation that the future is not looking very good.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
I've never called someone out on grammer but wow. Another confirmation that the future is not looking very good.
If you are talking about my last post, i was posting from my PSP so it's hard as hell to type
Old 01-09-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Nah, you're good. If you read a couple up, shouldn't be too hard to spot, lol.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
Nah, you're good. If you read a couple up, shouldn't be too hard to spot, lol.
its not that i dont know how its just that i dont give a ****
Old 01-09-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live for this stuff. My sleeper has a lot done to it, like a fully wrapped exhaust and some extra soundproofing, plus a small 230/236/112lsa solid roller that keeps the idle very mellow. Flat hood, a couple mis-aligned body panels, dirty primer, no tint or stickers, etc.:

383 Vortech T-trim, huge FMIC (painted black), 632rwhp @ 11.87# of boost, but now I'm up to 12.8# with the new 4" smooth CAI:

Trunk & fuel systems:

Now I'm slowly building up the new 434 with a sidemount Whipple 3.3:

I have some good stories with this thing, mostly with the older S-trim, a few posted elsewhere here.

Jim
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DeltaT
I live for this stuff. My sleeper has a lot done to it, like a fully wrapped exhaust and some extra soundproofing, plus a small 230/236/112lsa solid roller that keeps the idle very mellow. Flat hood, a couple mis-aligned body panels, dirty primer, no tint or stickers, etc.:
383 Vortech T-trim, huge FMIC (painted black), 632rwhp @ 11.87# of boost, but now I'm up to 12.8# with the new 4" smooth CAI:
Trunk & fuel systems:

Now I'm slowly building up the new 434 with a sidemount Whipple 3.3:

[I have some good stories with this thing, mostly with the older S-trim, a few posted elsewhere here.

Jim
That looks like a NASTY little sleeper. Good job man. I love to see some reactions to that thing when you make them look retarded.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:17 AM
10 Second Club

My last sleak moment was when I moved to Northern VA... I love going out to the street hang outs in new areas. I rolled in early and parked. It only took about 2-3 hours until the callout came. It was an mid 90's Civic Hatch. Clean little car. Had a bottle and about 20 something PSI. It ws funny though these cats tried to hustle me with street tires on the car. Then they go around the corner and the car comes back with slicks on the front before the race. No worries though I left him by about 4 cars off the line! He spun horribly off the line even with slicks due the black top road and his 2 sec. burnout. I never got the straight scoop on what they had in it but he did finish the 1/4 we ran about 2 cars back and came on hard towards the end. They tried but I went home with the money that night! I was in the TA. Good times!