Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Merceded S600?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Merceded S600?

Cruising home on the highway this morning and in a bit of traffic. I notice this Black mercedes driving a little aggressively through traffic ahead of me. I stay in my lane and after so many minutes traffic starts to clear and I wind up right behind him. At this point I am still not thinking much of it and not planning a race or anything. he seems to be slowing so I go to pass to maintain my 75mph speed. drive by him no big deal. I did notice him sorta checking out my car and than he seemed to be speeding up again. Still driving casually though...we are driving along for a while and all the sudden he comes blazing by and took up well into the 100's So I casually speed up catch up and see if this older guy wants to play (he looked to be a mid-40's type business man). I am just casually kinda tailing behind him with a good distance between us just wanting to see what he will do. He eventually slowed down again and I am still behind him and than he hit it again, I am just sorta staying on him again and we are doing between 90-100. I can see he won't slow for an even race, so when he slows down to about 75 again I just blow by him to try and send a message. Well here he comes and I slow down and let him get ahead and wait for him to gun it. Well he does and I gun it right after he does and easily catch right up and about to blow by but had to brake for traffic. We went back anf forth many times and once I got an opening I just walked this guy several times really bad. the car moved pretty good for a big sedan but he wasn't even really close to be honest. What do these things have in them? Never expected to race one, but it was a beautiful day so I said what the heck. funny thing was after annihilating him and making my point I just stopped racing and next thing I know he blows by me again and I just let him go. He must have got up to about 120 or so and went right past a cop! He saw him at the last minute and hit the brakes but was way too late. I'm like this poor bastard gets spanked and now he's gonna get a ticket, lol. Cop pulls out and casually drives along HOV shoulder and than just stops and pulls into the next median crossing. I was like wow he must not have even seen the guy in the Benz or else he was feeling very generous!

Anyhow, how fast are those big S600s supposed to be. i figure with the "600" in there it should have a pretty big engine at least.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, i just looked them up and the cost over $100k, damn! V12 engines with 362hp it appears.