Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not a kill, but close. my evo vs 380 whp z06 (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by napoleon
not really...the vette had an extra passenger and a full tank of gas...i was on E. We(zo6 and I)raced shortly before dylan and the Z06 ran and we were dead even too. Vid is posted on this site. I will dig it up if you like. Try again.
PS must have been one fat ****** in the Z06

Last edited by cantdrv65; 09-08-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Well, his EVO is probably more like 360AWHP if you were to do a dyno comparisson. Another EVO made 35XWHP on a Dynojet, then put down 296 on this same dyno.

My EVO puts down 370AWHP on that same dyno that his did 304 on, and a slightly modded Z06 would be light work for my car. Roll or not. Now a Z06 with one of these might be a different story:

So, it's very possible, likely, not to mention video confirmed and first hand witnessed by another site member that this indeed did happen. If you don't like the fact that an EVO is as fast and others are faster than your beloved Z06 (of which I'm a huge fan, don't get me wrong) then go buy yourself some parts, or something faster.

There is always going to be someone faster than you, and sometimes believe it or not they don't have a on their car!
Old 09-08-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Shiot B3y()tCh3S, teh El es Juan/El Essex will Neva looooos3...****** tools...Bench Racers, on your mark..get set...type
Old 09-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Old 09-08-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FastRThnU
If you don't like the fact that an EVO is as fast and others are faster than your beloved Z06 (of which I'm a huge fan, don't get me wrong) then go buy yourself some parts, or something faster.
Once again, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with getting the facts straight thats all. As far as a Z06/Evo comparison...there is none.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
my very low reading dyno has shown 280 whp to equal 350 whp on other dynos, so its entirely possible that i would make the same, if not more power on the same dyno that the z06 did.

any more questions MR I MAKE EVERY ASSUMPTION EVER?
What in the hell kind of dyno is that far off and why!? I can understand a conservative estimate but why would a dyno be that low, you might as well guess at the hp your making and be better off. You're saying an AWD car that would normally dyno 350whp which is roughly 465whp after approximately 25% drivetrain loss(for AWD) shows up as as 280whp car! That means you have 40% drivetrain loss! Why even bother dynoing?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

*read about dynos*
Old 09-08-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

*read about dynos*
Oh, b/c Wyno Dynamics Dyno is a useless POS we need to read about dyno's?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

By the way, I beat an 800whp Supra with my 350rwhp WS6. Video Coming soon.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Basically, it comes down to the difference in the way they measure power. Dynojet is a interial dyno, and DynoDynamics is a load bearing dyno. Load bearing dynos are far more accurate, and versitle. Example being on DynoDynamics you can tune for more than just WOT runs. Also another example is the many cars I've seen run in "shootout" mode on the DD, where it estimates flywheel HP. And of all the stock cars from all different makes, it comes within 7HP of the factory claim. That's pretty accurate if you ask me, Dynojunk can't do that!

This is not new news, and I'm not trying to be a smartass as I don't know everything there is to know about dynos myself. This is just what I've seen from personal experience, and read on the interawebnet.

PS: Supra with 800WHP isn't that great of a feat. Those cars are a prime example of 8gazillion HP and no way to use it. But I bet it still made him feel funny. Way to go! Looking forward to the video.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Once again, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with getting the facts straight thats all. As far as a Z06/Evo comparison...there is none.
Very true, different tools for different jobs.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Very true, different tools for different jobs.
Okay, I don't want to sound like a dick, but why don't you get some more "common" dyno #'s, that way we can all appreciate the story. Pretend that EVO rolled its rubber on the same dyno the Z06 was on for the confirmed "380 rwhp" that the Z06 has. Then everyone will get it. Estimate of 360, 380, 320, we've heard them all.

If you were to put it on a dyno that registered the EVO #'s around 250 awhp STOCK, what would the Evo of this thread have on this dyno?

Alot of people get on weight scales and get off saying, "Yeah, I'm over but by 5 lbs. or so. This scale is off by 20 lbs. Now, hand me the chicken wings, will ya?"

Forget the OFF numbers. Now, what's the deal?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

By the way, I beat an 800whp Supra with my 350rwhp WS6. Video Coming soon.
I believe it!

This thread has opened my mind to many possibilities, so sure!

Old 09-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Okay, I don't want to sound like a dick, but why don't you get some more "common" dyno #'s, that way we can all appreciate the story. Pretend that EVO rolled its rubber on the same dyno the Z06 was on for the confirmed "380 rwhp" that the Z06 has. Then everyone will get it. Estimate of 360, 380, 320, we've heard them all.

If you were to put it on a dyno that registered the EVO #'s around 250 awhp STOCK, what would the Evo of this thread have on this dyno?

Alot of people get on weight scales and get off saying, "Yeah, I'm over but by 5 lbs. or so. This scale is off by 20 lbs. Now, hand me the chicken wings, will ya?"

Forget the OFF numbers. Now, what's the deal?

That's an interesting statement, because there is *SUPPOSED* to be an industry standard for that. However, if the DynoDynamics can so accurately estimate the flywheel HP and gives WHP numbers that are consistent with that flywheel number then we can assume that it is a fairly accurate WHP number. I don't know what to say about Dynojet, because it works completely differently and is somewhat inconsistent. The Mustang dynos seem to be more accurate, they are also load bearing dynos like the DD. Then again, I'm not expert. Yes it is frustrating. Sport Compact Car had an article where they took the same truck to like 5 different dynos in the same day on the same gas, and got different numbers from all the dynos. Including numbers between the dynojet dynos! The dynojet numbers were about 50whp more than the dynodynamics.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Will you please hop off that gay *** bandwagon with the same quotes that you morons rehash 10k times a day and realize it's about which of the given cars should be faster based on the facts presented, NOT simply the LS1/LS6 is faster.

Cant stand you sheep who hop into these threads saying that same **** over and over. ****** gay.

All I know is this was supposedly a race between a 300whp Evo and a 380rwhp Z06 and a true 380rwhp Z06 will kill a true 300rwhp Evo on the highway given equal drivers. Simple as that. Heck hand me a 380rwhp Z06 and put me up against a real 300whp Evo and unless that evo is stripped to the bone, I'd bet any amount of money I'd leave him from a roll, no doubt.

Bench racing is . On the street anything can happen.And you sir...you are the ******* MORON!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by REDSS01
Bench racing is . On the street anything can happen.And you sir...you are the ******* MORON!
Ever actually try thinking about the specific situation and discussion at hand? Or do you just walk into threads and throw out overplayed generic cliche's to make yourself feel better about the vacant lot in your head? You call me a moron for stating that a 380rwhp Z06 will handily beat a 300whp Evo from a roll on the highway? Yeah that is a moronic comment isn't it Or am I a moron....excuse me..."******* MORON!" For pointing out that its a significant factor to later find out that that the Evo's dyno supposedly reads 70rwhp low? Yeah you are right that was moronic of me...heck whats 70rwhp! That would have no bearing on anything! Do me a favor...until you grow a brain please don't address me again
Old 09-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Teching In

KB99WS6, what do the new C6 vette's trap in the 1/4 mile
Old 09-09-2005, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

KB99WS6, I agree with everything you said and **** those ******* ******* who bitch about bench racing! That's what we are here to do on forums!
Old 09-09-2005, 03:49 AM
11 Second Club

Calm down bro, you talk like you are ready to whoop some *** , but you ain't.

Last edited by REDSS01; 09-09-2005 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:27 AM
TECH Regular

Haha, I'll point out again that I own both I agree with most from a roll it would be tough, anything can happen. As I mentioned before only part that is hard for me to believe is missing a gear and then pulling again. I know for a fact if I was to miss a gear our Z06 would pull like I had just shut the Evo off. Im not trying to defend anyone or take sides.

Curious, did the Vette let off at all after the Evo missed a gear?

From a dig, I would even put money on the Evo in this situation if its a good driver. Granted my wife was still getting used to teh Z06, but I beat her 1/4 mile by 3-4 cars when we first got it. And yes my wife can drive, she street races as much as I do and you wouldnt belive the faces on guys when they find out they got beat by a girl

BTW...My Evo redlines at 8K and yes its does pull pretty good to redline

Quick Reply: Not a kill, but close. my evo vs 380 whp z06 (vid)