Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

destroying an RX-7 at 141 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
What makes it an economy car? Well gee, I dunno, the fact that they came out of the assembly plant... as an economy car! Take the turbo off an SRT-4, and you have a Neon: economy car. Turbo (and suspension) off the EVO and you have the Lancer: economy car. Non-turbo DSM's: economy car.

I'm sure by now you get my point since my first post obviously went over your head. Reguardless of their looks: they're economy cars. Meant to get from point A to point B with lost cost of the car, good gas mileage, low power, tiny engine, cheap parts, cheap to insure, etc etc etc.

I don't care if they were modified like all the sub-15 second Civics and other shitboxes with aftermarket turbos, cams, etc to get them to be quick: they are economy cars that were later modified to be quick, but are still economy cars.

The main point I was implying in the previous post is that without FI, these cars are nothing but typical economy cars from the factory.

MPG has nothing to do with it. A Ferrari could get 30 MPG (which it obviously doesn't), so with your theory on my previous post, you're saying I think it should be considered an economy car?
f1 cars have a small displacement...does that not make them a race car?

and i believe the fastest n/a civic is in the mid to low 9s...damn the is slow..i guess its nothing though because it lacks fi. and who gives a **** if its roots are an economy car? is that the roots of muscle cars? small lightweight cars with big engines..now you jsut replace the big engine with a 4cyl and some fi....so whats the difference? hell..i'm only 21...but wasn't the gto, mustang and other muscle cars based off or were economy cars?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
f1 cars have a small displacement...does that not make them a race car?

and i believe the fastest n/a civic is in the mid to low 9s...damn the is slow..i guess its nothing though because it lacks fi. and who gives a **** if its roots are an economy car? is that the roots of muscle cars? small lightweight cars with big engines..now you jsut replace the big engine with a 4cyl and some fi....so whats the difference? hell..i'm only 21...but wasn't the gto, mustang and other muscle cars based off or were economy cars?

Okay buddy your making contradictions with everyone elses claims which is perfectly fine but the part you're not seeing is that most verbal claims are not absolute, theres going to be some exception. So continue to think of clever exceptions and state them if you will but this is a site filled by mainly camaro and firebird owners, so for your 1 defense theres several thousand that could potentially counter yours. Moral of the story: your'e wasting words so take your loss and move on its kind of annoying reading your responses.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris95Z
Okay buddy your making contradictions with everyone elses claims which is perfectly fine but the part you're not seeing is that most verbal claims are not absolute, theres going to be some exception. So continue to think of clever exceptions and state them if you will but this is a site filled by mainly camaro and firebird owners, so for your 1 defense theres several thousand that could potentially counter yours. Moral of the story: your'e wasting words so take your loss and move on its kind of annoying reading your responses.
what are my contradicts?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
actually...rx7s were pulled from the us market in 1995...but were still amde in japan till 2002...in 1999 they recieved an update..slightly bigger twin turbos that boosted their output for torque and hp.

so in the us...it was 10 years ago roughly...all together...3 years in japan.

no **** the non turbo is slow...take away the supercharger from the mustang or lightning...are those cars still gonna be fast?

their is no such thing as a 93+ rx7 non turbo
Old 09-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Teching In

the LS1 is a very respectable motor, but god's gift to man is pushing it. us FORD guys give respect where it is do, why do you CHEVY boys always insist on bad mouthing us? we have all been victims of a ricer fly by, let it go. you and i know both know that there is nothing like V8 grunt. no 9000rpm 4 banger or rotory will even be direct competition for good old american torque. for every fast import there are 35 fast domestics.

Last edited by LSwont; 09-18-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

for every fast import there are 35 fast domestics
We all know its more like.. for every "actual" fast import theres 500 gajillionbajillion fast domestics
Old 09-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaroz
We all know its more like.. for every "actual" fast import theres 500 gajillionbajillion fast domestics

i have a fast import and a fast domestic.

my fast import is faster than my domestic though, gets better gas mileage (although not much 15ish) and can outhandle 99% of all the cars on the road.

honestly though in my eyes it takes a true car enthusiast to not brand themselves and to look at each car individually for what it is.

Old 09-18-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Azezial

my fast import is faster than my domestic though, gets better gas mileage (although not much 15ish) and can outhandle 99% of all the cars on the road.

honestly though in my eyes it takes a true car enthusiast to not brand themselves and to look at each car individually for what it is.

Funny you mention the MPG argument: our domestics get better MPG than your import.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

their is no such thing as a 93+ rx7 non turbo
did i SAY 93 non turbo? when i say non turbo..i meant all of the non turbo rx7s from 1979-1991....cause they were all slow.

thats the problem with this site..msot guys are really closed minded.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

thats a retarded comparison, you are comparing 1978 technology to 1993 technology.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
you could HEAR how cool he thought he was?

interesting talent you have there. better be caerful there at 141 mph.

i like your little picture, but how does "no traction" = all go? i mean, arent big smoky burnouts all show? Isnt a powerslide all show? wouldn't you say that 4 exhaust tips is a bit of overkill, and actually considered ricey?

think about that.

I would never say that 4 exhaust tips are Ricey... not when you have 8 cylinders backing them up... so lets see... 4 cylinders per each pipe.. .that makes one tip per 2 cylinders... so I say that sounds about right.

I would think rice would contribute to vehicles that had accessories that aren;t necessary.... Like your wing for example.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:02 PM
STF Veteran

Most real car guys really do respect all fast cars (and even some that arn't fast but are special for some other reason), even if they don't vocalize it.

The problem is that a lot of so called "car guys" are actually what you find in the computer world refered to as "fanboys". Whether you are familiar with the term or not, I'm sure you know the type... Completely convinced that their particular brand/flavor is the absolute best and that all arguements to the contrary are either mal-informed or ignorable. You'll find them in every walk of life. Ford vs Chevy. American vs Import. Turbo vs Supercharger vs Nitrous. AMD vs Intel. Nvidia vs ATi. PC vs Mac. Coke vs Pepsi. Tastes great vs Less filling. etc.

I personally think that Coke products have better low end torque and get better traction for the quick stoplight to stoplight action, although Pepsi products do have the superior midrange and top end, which along with better handling make for some fun interstate ramp jaunts.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to start the healing process.

I love you dylan, and your infinite traction, and BOV.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stangkiller
thats a retarded comparison, you are comparing 1978 technology to 1993 technology.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

My '98 WS6 gets better MPG and outhandles my Grandpa's '57 T-Bird: I guess his T-Bird sucks.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stangkiller

too bad my 1978 technology engine is covered with 1990+ technology. Dont get me wrong I wasent knocking on my trans am at all, I love the thing. I was just trying to make the point that all cars have seperate advantages and disadvantages.

hell my faster rx7 could never wish for 1/10th the throttle response my ta has.

neither have a/c though