Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

kill stories from the track & the drive home

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kill stories from the track & the drive home

last friday night i went out to our local 8th for a little bit of fun. on that note, i finially got into the 8's w/ an 8.94 on a 2.0 60ft time at 82.93 mph. keep in mind this is on a bone stock 2000 z/28 . But anyways, on to the kill stories

At the track i ended up racing a couple 02+ 4.6 gt's w/ exahust, pulley's ect. normal bolt ons. smoked all of them by atleast .5 a second. actually took down a 95 saleen s281 to, which was quite satisfying. n/a beating a supercharged car is always fun, specially when its a mustang.

on the way home is where the fun started. a friend of mine used to have a 98 4.6 cobra (full exhaust, headers, orx, catback et, pullys, cai, clutch, shifter, tb) which he always used to race me in (and beat me) when i had my old 94 cobra. well, he sold it to another local guy around here and he happened to hang out with us after we left the track. i asked him if he wanted to run em on the street since we didnt get a chance to at the track & he said sure. We went from a 35 roll, three beeps. oh, and i also had three other people in the car with me. from the 3rd beep i started to pull, hit 2nd was a half car, hit 3rd was a full car, hit 4th and just kept pulling. cut it off half way through 4th & we ended up stopping and takling after wards. He didnt beleive that i was stock, even though i offered to let him go inspect the car & even drive it himself

second kill of the night on the way home was the original owner of the car i talked about above. after he sold the cobra he went out and bought an older foxbody coupe. it was originally a 4 cyclider car from which the motor was pulled and replaced with a fresh 302. from what he told me its got a cam, full exhaust, upper and lower intakes, electric fan, cai, ud pulley, new fuel system, 11.5 nitto's out back & a couple other small things i cant remember. he did say however it wasnt tuned & you could actually smell how rich it was running. but anyways, we ran from a 45 roll which put me a bit out of my powerband in 2nd. 3rd beep we both floor'd it and we stayed even as i caught up in the rpms. once i got up there i started to pull, hit 3rd was a car length, hit 4th and shut it down. he's a good friend & told me thats the only reason he believes me when i say it's stock.

was just nice beating a few fords
Old 09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

some good kills, those foxbody's can be dangerous tho, but once again you proved why the LS1 is one of the best engines ever built. its n/a stock power is almost untouchable
Old 09-14-2005, 02:54 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ThePOWERofaLS1
...but once again you proved why the LS1 is one of the best engines ever built. its n/a stock power is almost untouchable
Ahem, LSx.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

FRAUD!!!!!

PLEASE SHIP OUT STUFF YOU SELL, YOU IDIOT!

I'm NOT alone to pay you for things you doesn't have, and doesn't even ship out! Pay me back those $75 you owe me!!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by kaell
FRAUD!!!!!

PLEASE SHIP OUT STUFF YOU SELL, YOU IDIOT!

I'm NOT alone to pay you for things you doesn't have, and doesn't even ship out! Pay me back those $75 you owe me!!
I'm thinkin you need to clean the filter in your crack pipe dude.
There's not enough of the good stuff getting thru.