Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why do Import drivers love this site?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
Yes actually there are, plenty. We invaded the SRT-4 forums one time because they were being dumbasses here. Or was that Vice-versa, I forget.

At any rate, I LIKE hearing from people who know more about imports than I do. You know, voice of experience and all? I don't know what threads you're reading, but nine times out of ten I DON'T hear about the guy who's got a friend who's honda runs 9s. Normally I hear something along the lines of "The transfer case in those cars is prone to breakage, and they're a bitch to hook up off the line, but they can make decent power with just a boost controller and a turbo upgrade." etc.

Then obviously you havn't been hanging around here long enough. The general attitude around here is not "LS1s are teh roxorz!", the general attitude is "Got a cool story about street racing? Neat what happened?"

I never stated that the ls1 is king ****, its just that you could be in the middle of a good thread and it gets hijacked and thrown way off track. It is good to learn about the other cars out there, but I will go to their sites if I want to know about them...like I do. However I dont go there looking to try and make people look stupid. I just browse here and there keeping my stupid opinion to my self. If someone wants to post cold hard facts that are useful to people thats one thing, but opinion most of the time is just that...opinion.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
Yeah, I was right when I called it back in the other thread. Shawn you're a dick. Grow up.
THANK YOU!! this guy hasn't been here long, but most of his post are bashing "Imports"

Some people can respect cars no matter what the brand. Grow up man
Old 09-22-2005, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnmce2
Thank you for proving my point you coward.....just like I said....you totally go around the challange....tell you what...your in England right? The lapdog of America?...you know....we go somewhere and you guys always follow us like little bitches?....why don't you try to think outside the box...and take the challange or are you too scared?
I think you may have been mis reading my SIG as I mentioned nothing about physics or engine capacities?

So what are you talking about.

And try and drop the racial remarks. It's not clever.

I would retaliate, but I like America and most Americans so why would I try and insult them just to have a jab at you?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
I think you may have been mis reading my SIG as I mentioned nothing about physics or engine capacities?

So what are you talking about.

And try and drop the racial remarks. It's not clever.

I would retaliate, but I like America and most Americans so why would I try and insult them just to have a jab at you?
You wouldn't retaliate because you and your little country would get pwned
Old 09-22-2005, 07:50 AM
11 Second Club

your in England right? The lapdog of America?...you know....we go somewhere and you guys always follow us like little bitches?....why don't you try to think outside the box...and take the challange or are you too scared?

wow, you really are a UNeducated moron.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss1129
I never stated that the ls1 is king ****, its just that you could be in the middle of a good thread and it gets hijacked and thrown way off track. It is good to learn about the other cars out there, but I will go to their sites if I want to know about them...like I do. However I dont go there looking to try and make people look stupid. I just browse here and there keeping my stupid opinion to my self. If someone wants to post cold hard facts that are useful to people thats one thing, but opinion most of the time is just that...opinion.

This is exactly the point I was getting at. I was reading a nice thread about how a race between an eclipse and a LS1 went...and then out of no where there was this reply from "Z06" that had no relevance to it in any way by saying stuff like " I destroy LS1's all the time!" or "I would put buslenghts on them with my EVO!" and what he is saying has nothing to do with the thread...all I was asking him was to keep his **** to himself....I'm reading about a race between a Eclipse and an LS1...I don't care who wins...I just don't like it when people take it off subject! (I am drawing some of his qoutes off other threads) Before you guys put up your posts try to figure out what is going on here...it actually involves a couple threads.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

You wouldn't retaliate because you and your little country would get pwned
do you know anything of your countries history and origins?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowmofo

wow, you really are a UNeducated moron.
I guess not....
Old 09-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

Sounds to me like your bitter about ricers!Did you have a bad experience with one?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I do. um....dec 7 1941 pearl harbor

and 0ct 31 is halloween.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

I do I do, July 4th 1776 completed the owange that England suffered at the hands of a bunch of farmers. Oops sorry about that.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

and 0ct 31 is halloween.

No I was meaning that the US and the UK have always been friends and allies. We have much in common with each other, which really isn't all that suprising when you consider the 13 original states (respresented as you know by the 13 stripes on the US flag) where founded by British colonists.

I like America, Americans, American culture and most of all American cars. I've spent some time in the States have travel thru much of the western US.

Have friends who live in the US.

However, the fact that some one is trying to pick a fight for no reason carries little weight with me. He can huff and puff all he likes, but why should I raise to it when there is no point?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

and 0ct 31 is halloween.
BOO hhahahaha i scared you!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey...I drive an import. Got it from Canada.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
damn, what the hell do I drive then. It's made in the UK so is it an import, but wait I'm in the UK so it must be a domestic?

Does this mean a Camaro becomes a RICER import over here??????

NO!

Thats a releif
Old 09-22-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

What do you drive? 300BHP/Ton sounds fun
Old 09-22-2005, 08:43 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I love to yell "damn forign cars!" when something on the TA breaks.

<edit> Rest of post wasn't directed at you meent

History is complicated, but here's the quick and dirty version. England was a world power long before america was, and for a much longer period of time as well. America was really only recognized as a world power proper coming out of WWII (although an arguement can be made for post-WWI as well), and then only because of two things: Population and Natural resources. Prior to that time the best forign policy we had were bluffs like the monroe doctrine. Really, after the war of 1812 (which I might remind you the british were pretty merrily razeing washington DC until a hurricane showed up), England and the US put aside their differences and realized they had more in common than not. Like a hatred of the French. England had our back for a hundred years prior to us getting their back in the WWs, and that's why nobody messed with us up till that point, not because our military were such badasses in 1875 or something.

So if you're going to pick on a country instead of presenting logical, well-thought out arguements, at least don't pick on one of our best friends, ok?

Aston-martins rock btw.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

Im glad this thread turned out to be positive!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaroz
What do you drive? 300BHP/Ton sounds fun
well I actually have quite a few cars.

This is my main one (except I've just blown the diff up).

The doors and boot lid are the only stock bits.

Should be going to collect my new toy, sorry car next week. I'll give ya a clue, it's big has 16 push rods, 8 cylinders, circa 350bhp and is made in America
Old 09-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can beat any car on this thread. Ohhh wait was that ricer! My bad. LS1 and LS6 are God. Is that better?

In all reality, I think this site is awesome. There are more level headed people here rather than on the rsx/srt forums. I think for me, the main reason I am on this site while own an import is to learn and share information. I understand that the title "LS1tech" means LS1s are the main topic. I like to read stories about the LSx, and also like to share points and stories reguarding my car against the LSx. There are also many other people on this site that feel the same way I do and some aren't "ricers" but domestics as well.